How About We Elect Our Presidents By Popular Vote?

I realize you don't understand the discussion.

You said the Civil War ended the point of the EV. I said you didn't know what you were talking about and you obviously don't understand the EV or why it was created. You can stop proving me right now
The argument has been made that the electoral college was passed, in part, to protect the slave states. After the civil war concluded, one can make an argument, that a reason for the electoral college thus ended.

See, Electoral College is 'vestige' of slavery, say some Constitutional scholars

Historians and legal scholars can disagree as to how much the slave state interests played into the formation of the electoral college. It is, however, a factor that should be considered in evaluating the relevancy of the electoral college today is all I am saying.

Last edited:
wrong,, because the country has grown in size its more important now than before,, its all we have to protect diversity and states rights,,

unless of course youre against diversity and states rights??

its not a game,, if you dont like it get the fuck out,,
We're only talking about how best to choose OUR President, not the whole damned ball of wax. Don't like it, get the fuck out.

So, are you saying the EC creation had nothing to do with slave states? The argument has been made that the electoral college was passed, in part, to protect the slave states. After the civil war concluded, one can make an argument, that the reason for the electoral college thus ended.

See, Electoral College is 'vestige' of slavery, say some Constitutional scholars

Historians and legal scholars can disagree as to how much the slave state interests played into the formation of the electoral college. It is, however, a factor that should be considered in evaluating the relevancy of the electoral college today.
It was more than that. it was populous states v more rural states.

I get that this is still an issue but Republicans have abused that and other parts of the electoral process.

What we have is an attempt at minority rule by Republicans

I get that this is still an issue but Republicans have abused that and other parts of the electoral process.

what other parts are you talking about and how do they effect the EC??

You wouldn’t even be saying this if Trump had won the popular vote in both elections rather than lose them.
fucking great!! a fucking idiot with TDS comes in and fucks up the whole discussion,,,

you should go back to posted stupid memes,, you were better at that,,

You're all for packing SCOTUS too....right?

The argument has been made that the electoral college was passed, in part, to protect the slave states. After the civil war concluded, one can make an argument, that a reason for the electoral college thus ended.

Historians and legal scholars can disagree as to how much the slave state interests played into the formation of the electoral college. It is, however, a factor that should be considered in evaluating the relevancy of the electoral college today.
so your argument that it ended the need is based on the thought that SOME historians say that it was done In PART to protect slave states?

Even if that’s true…what about the other part?

We can actually read Hamitlton in the Federalist papers outline the reasons…he didn’t come from a slave state. Those concerns did not end after the war

Forum List

Back