How American gun deaths and gun laws compare to Canada's

Ahhhh yes, the ever popular progressive mantra of death to anyone who doesn't adhere to your beliefs. You truly are a scumbag of the first order aren't you....

Scalia remains the worst thing Reagan ever did, a racist toady of Plutocracy. No one will mourn him when he goes.

Did he happen to notice, right after that, “…the right of the people…”, or the statement that that right “…shall not be infringed.”?

Or does he (and you) interpret the phrase “the people” in the Marxist sense, to refer to government or some collective right rather than to individuals. That would be a bit of a trick, of course, given that Karl Marx was not born until well after the Second Amendment was written and ratified, and did not invent this misuse of the term “the people” until well after that.

Except the concept of a individual right didn't exist in a time when 70% of the population were not considered "citizens", and black people were considered only 3/5 of a white person. Trust me, Thomas Jefferson was not envisioning giving Sally Hemings a gun to protect herself from rape, which seems to be the argument of you gun nuts.

Of course, I don't consider the word of guys who shit in chamberpots and wore powdered wigs to be the last word on anything. My point was, for MOST of our history, the courts have held that the second WAS a collective right, not an individual one, and that guns ownership could be restricted.

Now, a Militia amendment MIGHT have made sense in 1787, when you didn't have police forces or a standing army and you still had wild animals and Native Americans who objected to being genocided.

So rather than worrying about what slave rapists thought about gun ownership, we should base our laws on what makes sense in the HERE AND NOW.

Does it make sense that Lanza, Cho, Mercer, Loughner, Holmes or Forook can easily buy weapons of war and unleash them in our schools, recreation and work places?

What greater good are we tolerating?

Smart gun owner to attacker: "I forgot to change the fucking battery! Could you wait for a minute? I'm sure I have a spare battery somewhere in one of these drawers".

Even better....wait....I have to pull out the batteries and reboot the chip.....it will only take 10 minutes or so....so keep raping my wife and go through my house looking for stuff...I'll be ready in 10......

Guy, somehow, given your obsession with your gun, i doubt you'd leave your penis surrogate in such a state of disrepair.

Again, 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

Bigots calling people bigots...Kinda hypocritical don't you think sickly boy? You're physically and psychologically sick. Which is why I'll keep reposting your posts, so people know what they're dealing with

You think other people like you any more than I do? That's a laugh. Other conservatives are probably embarrassed by you.

Smart gun owner to attacker: "I forgot to change the fucking battery! Could you wait for a minute? I'm sure I have a spare battery somewhere in one of these drawers".

Even better....wait....I have to pull out the batteries and reboot the chip.....it will only take 10 minutes or so....so keep raping my wife and go through my house looking for stuff...I'll be ready in 10......

Guy, somehow, given your obsession with your gun, i doubt you'd leave your penis surrogate in such a state of disrepair.

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

My weapons have a more than 3 decade track record of never harming anyone living in any home I have ever lived in

besides most of the deaths used in that Kellerman study (84%) to be exact were suicides and suicides aren't crimes

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

My weapons have a more than 3 decade track record of never harming anyone living in any home I have ever lived in

Skull.........some people just tend to the hysterical in life. We come across them once in awhile. The mere fact that guns exist create perpetual angst in some people. In the case of those gun grabbers on this thread, it has developed into pronounced OCD.

This guy Joe.........his post count was at 50,000 just this past August. Look at it now :ack-1::ack-1: and 90% of his posts are on guns............the other 10% btw are on Israel. The guy is a rabid anti-Semite.

Lets both commit to making sure we throw up the gun sales stats on these threads............:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

very likely that it is unlikely agreed

not at all. I'd put my freedoms up against yours any day of the week.

note, I am talking about real freedoms, not perceived....

On paper, yours are absolutely better than mine. In reality? Not even close...

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

besides most of the deaths used in that Kellerman study (84%) to be exact were suicides and suicides aren't crimes

Didn't say they were crimes. But a lot of those people wouldn't be dead if there wasn't a gun in the house.

Also, the vast majority of lawn darts never killed anyone either. We still banned them.

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

Didn't say they were crimes. But a lot of those people wouldn't be dead if there wasn't a gun in the house.

Also, the vast majority of lawn darts never killed anyone either. We still banned them.

Almost all of those people wouldn't be dead if they hadn't married violent people……or people who were violent criminals or people who had drug and alcohol problems….those are the real factors in domestic killings.

If you are a normal person and have a gun you are not going to shoot your family with it. No matter how mad you get, or how late dinner is. The issue is people with long histories of violence, and criminal behavior as well as drug and alcohol problems…….and the signs are usually multiple calls to the police…..

Wrong…kellerman even had to recant when he was called on that number…yet you keep repeating it knowing that it is not true…you are a vile person.

Did he happen to notice, right after that, “…the right of the people…”, or the statement that that right “…shall not be infringed.”?

Or does he (and you) interpret the phrase “the people” in the Marxist sense, to refer to government or some collective right rather than to individuals. That would be a bit of a trick, of course, given that Karl Marx was not born until well after the Second Amendment was written and ratified, and did not invent this misuse of the term “the people” until well after that.

Except the concept of a individual right didn't exist in a time when 70% of the population were not considered "citizens", and black people were considered only 3/5 of a white person. Trust me, Thomas Jefferson was not envisioning giving Sally Hemings a gun to protect herself from rape, which seems to be the argument of you gun nuts.

Of course, I don't consider the word of guys who shit in chamberpots and wore powdered wigs to be the last word on anything. My point was, for MOST of our history, the courts have held that the second WAS a collective right, not an individual one, and that guns ownership could be restricted.

Now, a Militia amendment MIGHT have made sense in 1787, when you didn't have police forces or a standing army and you still had wild animals and Native Americans who objected to being genocided.

So rather than worrying about what slave rapists thought about gun ownership, we should base our laws on what makes sense in the HERE AND NOW.

Does it make sense that Lanza, Cho, Mercer, Loughner, Holmes or Forook can easily buy weapons of war and unleash them in our schools, recreation and work places?

What greater good are we tolerating?

What weapon of war did they buy…..since they didn't use them in their shootings? The real problem…they all targeted gun free zones…the place where only they had guns.

And with over 357 million guns in private hands, and only 4 mass shootings in 2015, those guys are not a problem……and any issue with them shooting up gun free zones can best be handled by ending gun free killing zones, not disarming 357 million people…….

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

For christ's sake it's like saying you're 90 times more likely to die if you attempt suicide than if you don't.

Adding in the suicide stat is bullshit and is used solely to pad your numbers in your bogus stats

Suicide is a choice if someone chooses to die that's a far cry from actually being a victim of gun violence

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

Almost all of those people wouldn't be dead if they hadn't married violent people……or people who were violent criminals or people who had drug and alcohol problems….those are the real factors in domestic killings.

If you are a normal person and have a gun you are not going to shoot your family with it. No matter how mad you get, or how late dinner is. The issue is people with long histories of violence, and criminal behavior as well as drug and alcohol problems…….and the signs are usually multiple calls to the police…..

Well didn't you know that you're 100% less likely to get murdered by a spouse if you never get married don't you?

As noted elsewhere: Your positions are based on emotion, ignorance and or dishonesty; each of these are logical fallacies.
Positions based on fallacies are unsound
Why do you choose to take unsound positions?
So the fact there have been no ad hoc mass shootings in Australia since the gun ban is being dishonest?
Post hoc ergo propter hoc. Fallacy.
The fact that the US has a proliferation of guns and also the highest homicide/suicide rate via guns is not true?
False equivalence. Fallacy.

Please try harder.

Anyone who would do that might also forget to load it.

What's 43 times 0

Oh yeah 0

And if you avoid all those thing you really don't need a gun for defense either.

Forum List

Back