How are we going to stop the liberal war on free speech and conservative voices?

"Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins."

So they dissolve the Constitution.....next?
That is their ultimate goal. My ultimate goal with this thread was to spark a conversation and wake people up to what is happening right under their noses.

Forcing Facebook to follow the 1st amendment isn't anyone giving up liberty.
Zuckerberg can still post on his own forum and others his viewpoints. So can everyone else.

Simple....

YOU stop using Facebook and Google....instead of whining that someone ELSE should protect you.

Fine, YOU stop going outside your house.

The internet is part of the commons, sites like facebook have become part of the commons. Letting the suppress speech based on their own political views is tantamount to letting government do it.

That is their ultimate goal. My ultimate goal with this thread was to spark a conversation and wake people up to what is happening right under their noses.

Do you use Facebook?
Do you use Google?
Do you shop Amazon?
Do you go to the movies?
Have you been to Disney in the last 10 years?

If you can say YES to ANY of these questions......you're a closet Progressive because you support their ideology regardless of what you say on forums.

If conservatives can find anybody in their ranks who didn’t refuse higher education and knowledge because both are “too liberal,” I’m sure they can easily create a competitor. Buuut I doubt they have anybody like that. They’re still hoping robots forget how to bang on rocks so they can get their coal jobs back.

Right, that's why liberals are so dominant on talk radio.

Come on, first off talk radio is for the elderly.

Secondly, I don't see conservatives applying this new 'free speech' right that forces companies like facebook to be a platform for every fucking crazy idea to apply to talk radio.

Having people of one particular political persuasion removed from a common platform that has taken the place of the commons in our society is not liberty.

Of course it's because people you disagree with are the ones being silenced that you are OK with it, you gutless fucking hack.

A private company should have the liberty to do as they wish. If they wish to only have Libs then they should be allowed, if they wish to only have Repubs, they should be allowed.

I disagree with you stupid partisan morons from both sides, so kiss my ass.

What if Facebook banned their content cuz they were black?

In fact, how do we not know that was the reason?

They should be allowed to do so.

Here is my position...once again...

I believe that any and all anti-discrimination laws enforced against any private business are unconstitutional. The constitution tells the Fed Govt they cannot discriminate, it does not say that you and I cannot.

Furthermore, "protected classes" violate the equal protection clause because they receive more protection than other classes.

So it is your position that the recent law suit against bakers who refused to make a gay wedding cake is unconstitutional?

Completely against it, they should be able to pick and choose who they want to serve and who they want to make cakes from. There is a thread from more than a year ago in which I said the same thing I am saying now.

I even take it a step further and think it is wrong that medical personnel and facilities are forced to provide service to those who cannot pay. I do not know what you do for a living ,but I would not like it if I were forced to do such a thing.

So you concede that the violations of the rights of the people are all one sided, that is, favoring Progressives and targeting conservatives.

This is the only conclusion you can come to.

Will they burn our books next and send us to concentration camps?

Zuckerberg can still post on his own forum and others his viewpoints. So can everyone else.

Simple....

YOU stop using Facebook and Google....instead of whining that someone ELSE should protect you.
Standing up for the values this country was founded on is not whining.

The problem is they don't say that out front, they claim to be an open public space, AND they give some lip service to free speech.

The problem is only one side is gunning for that ass, and you stick to your "principles" as they measure out the rope for your hanging party.

Sorry, you aren't on their side, you are worse. You are an ignorant idiot.

I am on the side of liberty, first and foremost. I will always take the side of liberty over the side of more Govt control.

If that means I am hanging myself, then at least I die with my boots on.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Facebook is following the 1st amendment in this case.

If conservatives can find anybody in their ranks who didn’t refuse higher education and knowledge because both are “too liberal,” I’m sure they can easily create a competitor. Buuut I doubt they have anybody like that. They’re still hoping robots forget how to bang on rocks so they can get their coal jobs back.

Right, that's why liberals are so dominant on talk radio.
Yes conservatives need to have propaganda shouted at them constantly in order to reinforce their fucked up beliefs. That’s why Fox News is so popular too.

Simple....

Agree...don't like what a private service is doing, move on to another one.

Simple....

Private businesses being allowed to make their own choices is NOT the values of this country?

From colleges to YouTube and now Diamond & Silk on Facebook.
Facebook to Diamond and Silk: Your content, brand ‘dangerous to the community’

Two conservative black women being targeted as a "danger to the community"

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.
This fails as a straw man fallacy, just another rightwing lie.

There is no war on free speech.

And liberals have been long time defenders of free speech and expression.

Forcing them to be content neutral, what the hell that even means, would be controlling them. That is something I cannot abide.

If we are going to err on one side or the other, it always has to be on the side of liberty not the Govt

Having people of one particular political persuasion removed from a common platform that has taken the place of the commons in our society is not liberty.

Of course it's because people you disagree with are the ones being silenced that you are OK with it, you gutless fucking hack.

A private company should have the liberty to do as they wish. If they wish to only have Libs then they should be allowed, if they wish to only have Repubs, they should be allowed.

I disagree with you stupid partisan morons from both sides, so kiss my ass.

What if Facebook banned their content cuz they were black?

In fact, how do we not know that was the reason?

They should be allowed to do so.

Here is my position...once again...

I believe that any and all anti-discrimination laws enforced against any private business are unconstitutional. The constitution tells the Fed Govt they cannot discriminate, it does not say that you and I cannot.

Furthermore, "protected classes" violate the equal protection clause because they receive more protection than other classes.

So it is your position that the recent law suit against bakers who refused to make a gay wedding cake is unconstitutional?
Show us a state PA law that includes "political opinions" as protected.

Simple....

Your values are hate and discrimination. That's not what the country was founded on.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of
silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

This is why right wingers accept slavery:

Ephesians 6:5 NLT
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

Right wingers follow Trump.

Leviticus 20:10 NLT

If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)
But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

So you concede that the violations of the rights of the people are all one sided, that is, favoring Progressives and targeting conservatives.

Judging by the ferocity of their attack on conservative views, rightwing political figures, and so far their apparent success, and the lack of meaningful opposition from the right.......

looks like a YES to me. Happened just to our South recently in Venezuela. Why NOT the USA next?

Judging by the ferocity of their attack on conservative views and so far their apparent success, and the lack of meaningful opposition from the right.......

looks like a YES to me. Happened just to our South recently in Venezuela. Why NOT the USA next?
OH!
upload_2018-4-10_7-40-5.png

Seriously? Gtfo with this stupidity. They only thing they are a danger to is your oppression of conservative voices.

This shit has to be put to bed. Further segmenting our society & suppressing their voice is not the way you win a political debate.
Challenge them, argue with them, present them with an opposing view but to just outright silence them?

Just proves to me that the left are increasingly alarmed that their grasp on the media & their ability to force the conversation in a certain direction are under threat. They are clearly scared to death of free speech.

I don’t know what is more hilarious: you being so profoundly retarded that you think this is a free speech issue or you being such a pathetic hypocritical hack that you think this is a liberal thing

Why is it the partisans cannot grasp that free speech is a function of the Govt, not of private companies.

If that is true then so is freedom of religion. So why did the bridal shop owners in Pennsylvania not get the same consideration from people on the left?

Forum List

Back