How Can We Stop Future Stolen Elections?

This is obviously a very serious problem. My only hope is SCOTUS in that a national standard has to be set including voter ID and verifiable paper ballots while precluding the very apparent problem of mail-in ballots and their harvesting which goes far beyond traditional grass roots politics.
National voter registry & national voter id card. Both must be renewed on a regular basis. All registrations must be compared to deaths and incarcerations every year.
Once that card is used in an election as required that person can not vote again until the next election.

That would solve 90% or more of our problems.
But we don’t have a problem with dead people voting or people voting twice.

Have any republicans got away with it?

You guys want voter ids so poor people won’t get them and vote. I say mail in votes are the way in the future. If it was good enough for trump then it’s good enough for the rest of us.
How does requiring an ID disenfrancise anyone? If they are provided free of charge, and you have like 2 more years before the mid terms, plenty of time to get it done. If it is a way to ensure better vote security, how is that a bad thing?
Liberal racism. They think minorities are TOO STUPID to find a way down to the dmv in a two year period.
Voter IDs are so yesterday.

Republicans are going for other means of voter disenfranchisement since most people now have picture IDs
That is the real reason they're against vote-by-mail... they don't want people voting.
Thats far from the truth. Nobody wants to disenfranchise anyone and nobody wants to stop anyone from voting. That is something that liberal media keeps drilling into you folks.

What they do want is to make sure elections are honest and fair, they want to make sure nobody who isn't legally allowed to vote does vote and that ballots are not mailed to dead people, dogs, or people who have moved.

If you could ensure, without any doubt, proveably, that there would be no increased risk of fraud, I bet most Republicans would be all for it, after all, even Republicans like convenience.

Actually, someone here mentioned a way for those things to happen, its call block chain. They mentioned that it would be a way to do the mail in voting, and pretty much eliminate the risks. Would you be in favor of that? If not, why not?
After Biden is sworn in, I will post something in "Debate now" about my ideas for improving the voting system. I'll invite you to comment.
LOL... After he is sworn in eh ?? Nobody wants to hear from anyone who deals in the ways that the Democrat's deal. Save it for your fan base of maybe two or three here, because no one else gives a crap. :)

This is obviously a very serious problem. My only hope is SCOTUS in that a national standard has to be set including voter ID and verifiable paper ballots while precluding the very apparent problem of mail-in ballots and their harvesting which goes far beyond traditional grass roots politics.
National voter registry & national voter id card. Both must be renewed on a regular basis. All registrations must be compared to deaths and incarcerations every year.
Once that card is used in an election as required that person can not vote again until the next election.

That would solve 90% or more of our problems.
But we don’t have a problem with dead people voting or people voting twice.

Have any republicans got away with it?

You guys want voter ids so poor people won’t get them and vote. I say mail in votes are the way in the future. If it was good enough for trump then it’s good enough for the rest of us.
How does requiring an ID disenfrancise anyone? If they are provided free of charge, and you have like 2 more years before the mid terms, plenty of time to get it done. If it is a way to ensure better vote security, how is that a bad thing?
Liberal racism. They think minorities are TOO STUPID to find a way down to the dmv in a two year period.
Voter IDs are so yesterday.

Republicans are going for other means of voter disenfranchisement since most people now have picture IDs
That is the real reason they're against vote-by-mail... they don't want people voting.
Thats far from the truth. Nobody wants to disenfranchise anyone and nobody wants to stop anyone from voting. That is something that liberal media keeps drilling into you folks.

What they do want is to make sure elections are honest and fair, they want to make sure nobody who isn't legally allowed to vote does vote and that ballots are not mailed to dead people, dogs, or people who have moved.

If you could ensure, without any doubt, proveably, that there would be no increased risk of fraud, I bet most Republicans would be all for it, after all, even Republicans like convenience.

Actually, someone here mentioned a way for those things to happen, its call block chain. They mentioned that it would be a way to do the mail in voting, and pretty much eliminate the risks. Would you be in favor of that? If not, why not?

Yeah, it’s just that all the GOP challenges were where black people voted, and they tried to disenfranchise 20 million people, even though the hypocrites were citing procedures they’d implemented in their own states.

So yeah, they were trying to disenfranchise people.

Never in at least 50 years has a political party shown so much contempt for democracy and the sovereign will of the people as the Republican Party has over the past six weeks.
They were issuing challenges in states they lost based on what they felt were irregularities in the way things were handled. Voting procedures were changed by the courts, which is illegal, republican vote watchers were kept at a distance and not allowed to monitor the count up close, people were told to go home because the counting was done for the night, but then minutes later, counting started again, which led to a sudden uptick in votes for biden.

These are all things that Republicans were alleging that, if had happened to democrats, you know you'd be doing the exact same thing.

All of these challenges were done in these states because these were states they lost in, no need to make challenges in states they won. If dems felt there was voter fraud in states they lost, its up to them to make challenges, not Republicans. Nobody is going to make a challenge in a state they won.

as far as this being based on race, well, the most prominent challenges were in Pennsylvania, 81% white, and Georgia, 60% white.

Now, I agree, they should not have tried to remove the votes of ALL voters, only the ones with legal challenges, such as no matching signature, or, received after the legal deadline. However, I think they said that the problem there was, in a lot of cases, the outer envelope was separated from the ballot, making it impossible to verify the signature and integrity of the vote.

And lastly...which party is it again that has contempt for the election process?

Not to mention "biden should not concede at any point".

Trump had 4 years to do something, yet he lets the election be stolen from him. He got out-Trumped.
Well, no, thats not exactly true. Trump couldn't predict a pandemic 4 years prior, nor the alteration of voting procedures that democrats were going to hoist upon the system.
Well, yes, Hair Trump was too busy planning his dictatorship and got Trumped. Bigly!
What steps has he taken to implement a dictatorship?
lol, sure thing Rip Van Winkle, did you just wake up now?
No, i just want you to lay out what you think trump has done to implement a dictatorship. I don't believe he has done anything to move toward that goal, you apparently think he has. I believe your thoughts are guided by left wing media, and you would say I'm wrong .

I just want to see what you think his steps were to pull us toward a dictatorship were.

Trump had 4 years to do something, yet he lets the election be stolen from him. He got out-Trumped.
Well, no, thats not exactly true. Trump couldn't predict a pandemic 4 years prior, nor the alteration of voting procedures that democrats were going to hoist upon the system.
Well, yes, Hair Trump was too busy planning his dictatorship and got Trumped. Bigly!
What steps has he taken to implement a dictatorship?
lol, sure thing Rip Van Winkle, did you just wake up now?
No, i just want you to lay out what you think trump has done to implement a dictatorship. I don't believe he has done anything to move toward that goal, you apparently think he has. I believe your thoughts are guided by left wing media, and you would say I'm wrong .

I just want to see what you think his steps were to pull us toward a dictatorship were.
Duh! He's trying to say that he won the election, that is was a fraud... He's trying to stir the hillbillies into a frenzy to start something. And he mused about changing the Constitution so he can have a third term, a Putinesque move.

They really can't. CNBC or CNN says it, so it's Gospel to them. It's the same thing when they call him racist. Ask somebody who does what racist thing Trump ever said or did, and crickets. We all know the racist things Biden said, but that's never brought up and they voted for the guy.

Biden's plans are to confiscate more of our money via taxation. Re-institute Commie Care mandates and fines. Force us to use the much more expensive green energy. Force struggling businesses to pay a $15.00 national minimum wage. Force gun owners to get a federal gun license. Force suburbs to accept their welfare lowlifes which will send their property values into the toilet. But Trump's dictator?

Well if Trump is a dictator and Biden isn't, then I'm all for Dictatorship. Dictatorships are apparently much less expensive and damaging to us.

Duh! He's trying to say that he won the election, that is was a fraud... He's trying to stir the hillbillies into a frenzy to start something. And he mused about changing the Constitution so he can have a third term, a Putinesque move.

Oh, you mean Trump made a sarcastic joke? My, what a dictator. Trump claiming voter fraud which many Americans agree with? Yeah, that's a dictatorship.

If you are going to use terms, perhaps you should look up the definition of them first.

The only way to fix our political system, is to get the $$$ outta it ~S~
That, and strict, short term limits.

You would see a clear change in behaviors overnight, because their priorities would be completely re-ordered.

Yeah, that would be great. You finally get a good honest person in there, and the law says you can't keep him or her. I am all for age limits though. At 65, you must retire.

The question is how do we stop it in the future.

You really can't because states constitutionally are allowed to vote anyway they want unfortunately. One way would be if there is no mail in voting except in cases where you can prove there is no way for you to reasonably vote in person. Another is all votes mailed in have to come with a photocopy of positive ID.

Your solution sounds like some communist plot. Not just setting minimum standards, but telling the thousands of independent boards of election how they have to run their election.

If you want things like requiring paper ballots, you have to be willing to pay for it.

Our free and fair election system is dead....the dems have been stealing house and senate races as well as state races for a long time...now they know they can steal the highest office in the land...they will never give it up now....and the GOP are too weak and scared to try and stop them...

Hmmm...that must be why the Dems are the minority in the Senate and have a very thin majority in the House....because they are so good at stealing elections.
They needed the swamp republicans ok to try to pull this off--------if they stole all of the elections--the republicans would have united in blocking the dems.

That may be, but it has to be stopped in the future if democracy is going to survive.
Democracy will never survive with people who lose and can't take it....
Actually, democracy (not that we have one) will survive if the institutions ensure that personal reactions to loss don't carry over into defiance of the law. IOW, it doesn't matter how mad TRUMP! gets, he's going to leave office in January because if he doesn't he gets taken out the moment the inauguration happens. And he knows that. Only if he's allowed to stay would democracy not survive. It didn't matter how mad Hillary got, how drunk she got, how many of her sycophants claimed for 4 years that TRUMP! wasn't legitimate, wasn't THEIR president, blah, blah, blah, he was President and will always be called Mr. President. As long as those institutions stand, so will democracy. Now, as to stealing elections, we need to make every effort to ensure all legitimate and only legitimate votes are counted. I personally like the idea of getting a paper receipt with a QR code that I can scan, go online with and verify that my vote was counted correctly. It wouldn't solve all the problems but would at least give voters some assurance that their vote was not tossed.
He will always be Known as Mr one term got impeached president who embarrassed himself on the way out.
Nope, he'll be Mr. President. 20 years from now kids will be looking at you wondering how you can hold so much hate for someone you've never met.

Mr. Impeached, One Term, president that tried to destroy the electoral system in our country.
How did Trump try to destroy electoral system in our country? You mean by contesting a swindle?
They wanted to pull a move where they never conceed and drag it out and have it go to the house where each state gets one vote
Unless you can prove something they did was illegal, you don't have a leg to stand on. The system was built to allow for challenges, with an ultimate decider. Using those legal avenues for challenge is not destroying anything except liberal minds.
You didn’t feel that way in 2000, 2004 or 2016. You cried stop the recounts. Such hypocrites. But you lost so I’m happy
At no time has the electoral system been in danger due to legal court battles. That's just your fantasy because you want everything TRUMP! does to be illegal so you can yell about it. What DOES put the system in danger is the current move to invalidate votes by forcing state's electors to follow the wishes of major urban centers.
Invalidate what votes?
The votes from the state. If a state goes with the popular vote and the voters of the state overwhelmingly go for the other guy, their votes are nullified.

Voting procedures were changed by the courts, which is illegal, republican vote watchers were kept at a distance and not allowed to monitor the count up close, people were told to go home because the counting was done for the night, but then minutes later, counting started again, which led to a sudden uptick in votes for biden.

First, courts changing the conditions of an election are actually quite common, and perfectly legal. Since courts can react much faster than legislatures.

Say a storm hits a county which votes electronically, knocking out power for several hours. Someone files a motion for injunction to keep the polls open extra hours.
Judges to maintain the integrity of the election, and not disenfranchise the voters of the county hit by the storm, grant additional voting hours, keeping polls open past their normal closing time.

Or if a storm completely knocks out a counties elections. Again someone goes to the court to allow people to vote provisional ballots in a county not devastated by the storm.

Unless a state specifically has it in their constitution or in their laws that courts do not have jurisdiction over election controversies, then what these judges have been doing is perfectly legal.

Did I say the whole court took the blue pill?! No. Why do you make shit up and then call it a lie?! Do you feel that’s the only way you can “win” an argument?
You said ALL OF THEM? EVERY SINGLE ONE?

If you meant to say "except for Alito and Thomas" it never made your lie filled post.
Don't blame me, speaking of lying to "win;" an argument.
Except Alito and Thomas what?! I must have missed their dissents. Can you post them because I can’t find them anywhere
Use your search engine.

That may be, but it has to be stopped in the future if democracy is going to survive.
Democracy will never survive with people who lose and can't take it....
Actually, democracy (not that we have one) will survive if the institutions ensure that personal reactions to loss don't carry over into defiance of the law. IOW, it doesn't matter how mad TRUMP! gets, he's going to leave office in January because if he doesn't he gets taken out the moment the inauguration happens. And he knows that. Only if he's allowed to stay would democracy not survive. It didn't matter how mad Hillary got, how drunk she got, how many of her sycophants claimed for 4 years that TRUMP! wasn't legitimate, wasn't THEIR president, blah, blah, blah, he was President and will always be called Mr. President. As long as those institutions stand, so will democracy. Now, as to stealing elections, we need to make every effort to ensure all legitimate and only legitimate votes are counted. I personally like the idea of getting a paper receipt with a QR code that I can scan, go online with and verify that my vote was counted correctly. It wouldn't solve all the problems but would at least give voters some assurance that their vote was not tossed.
He will always be Known as Mr one term got impeached president who embarrassed himself on the way out.
Nope, he'll be Mr. President. 20 years from now kids will be looking at you wondering how you can hold so much hate for someone you've never met.

Mr. Impeached, One Term, president that tried to destroy the electoral system in our country.
How did Trump try to destroy electoral system in our country? You mean by contesting a swindle?
They wanted to pull a move where they never conceed and drag it out and have it go to the house where each state gets one vote
Unless you can prove something they did was illegal, you don't have a leg to stand on. The system was built to allow for challenges, with an ultimate decider. Using those legal avenues for challenge is not destroying anything except liberal minds.
You didn’t feel that way in 2000, 2004 or 2016. You cried stop the recounts. Such hypocrites. But you lost so I’m happy
At no time has the electoral system been in danger due to legal court battles. That's just your fantasy because you want everything TRUMP! does to be illegal so you can yell about it. What DOES put the system in danger is the current move to invalidate votes by forcing state's electors to follow the wishes of major urban centers.
Those people get one vote, you get one vote, bitch. Sorry if there’s more of us than you
Which is what puts the system in danger. The president is not supposed to be elected by a large group of like minded people living in one place. He is elected by the states.

One way would be if there is no mail in voting except in cases where you can prove there is no way for you to reasonably vote in person. Another is all votes mailed in have to come with a photocopy of positive ID.

That's gonna put a crimp in the military vote. Their military ID is not accepted as proof of residence.

Invalidate what votes?
The votes from the state. If a state goes with the popular vote and the voters of the state overwhelmingly go for the other guy, their votes are nullified.
Are you referring to majority rule? Because the major urban centers are where the majority of people in the state live, and thus carry the majority of the popular vote.

That's gonna put a crimp in the military vote. Their military ID is not accepted as proof of residence.

But it does prove who is voting. It's one thing to take a ballot out of somebody's mailbox and send it in, and quite another if a photocopy of a valid picture ID had to be included.

You forgot to add, an adequate number of polling locations to serve ALL voters, regardless of color or political party.

There is no such thing as an adequate number because there is no way to tell what the turnout will be.
Of course there is. You use the number of registered voters. One polling place or vote center per X number of registered voters. If you want to save money, consolidate elections so you have no off year elections where turnout is dismal.

Forum List

Back