How did Birth Control become a right?

It doesn't matter what you think either, no one made you the judge of what is or isn't altruism based on your political ideology.

I don't have to be a judge to know the 18 enumerated powers granted to the federal government in the Constitution ... Sorry if that doesn't fit your narrative.
If you think forcimng someone else pay for your charitable exploits makes you a good person ... Well, that's just fucked up ... :thup:

The Constitution doesn't define altruism.

Charity is freely giving your money to somebody or some people you believe are in need. Forcefully taking somebody's money and giving it to who you feel need it is theft.

Yep. And the American culture is that no one is really in "need". Because 'Murica. Land of the dreamers. Where if you don't have everything you need it must be because you haven't worked hard enough.

If you're "in need" you probably made bad choices...in the real world we pay for own mistakes and bad choices...stay out of my wallet and make better choices. TA-DA!
This is simple shit for third graders.

Charity is freely giving your money to somebody or some people you believe are in need. Forcefully taking somebody's money and giving it to who you feel need it is theft.

Yep. And the American culture is that no one is really in "need". Because 'Murica. Land of the dreamers. Where if you don't have everything you need it must be because you haven't worked hard enough.

If you're "in need" you probably made bad choices...in the real world we pay for own mistakes and bad choices...stay out of my wallet and make better choices. TA-DA!
That is the problem with you guys. Everything is boiled down to a bad choice.

If you come down with stage four colon cancer, lose your job because you miss work for treatments and lose your health insurance..what bad choice are you being punished for?

Pro life ends at birth apparently...stage 4 colon cancer patients should pay no more for their insurance than anyone else.

If you come down with stage four colon cancer, lose your job because you miss work for treatments and lose your health insurance..what bad choice are you being punished for?

And that's the problem with you guys...you hide behind the two percentile of everything to pitch your case....you somehow pretend that 2% is the majority...I know you all couldn't have failed basic math...right?
There are many who need and deserve help and you described those that do....Most however, do not.

And that's the problem with you guys...you hide behind the two percentile of everything to pitch your case....you somehow pretend that 2% is the majority...I know you all couldn't have failed basic math...right?
There are many who need and deserve help and you described those that do....Most however, do not.
You think it's just two percent who did not make bad decisions?

For not suing your former employer. It's against the law to fire somebody due to illness.

It happens all the time....employers fire whoever they want for no reason.....no consequence. Its america...welcome.

The culture in Canada, Scandinavia and Europe is that everyone has a right to healthcare. Period. Not a question. Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not. Doesn't matter who pays for it (we all do). Its a right to be able to take your kids to the doctor if they are sick. Its a basic right to be able to get treatment for disease. Just like its a basic right to be educated (which tax payers pay for).

I truly don't understand why some Americans fight against this so hard.

Because those are not rights here. They may be policy, but not rights.

It happens all the time....employers fire whoever they want for no reason.....no consequence. Its america...welcome.

I worked at a company who fired somebody after they came back from medical leave. She sued them into the next year.

The employee pays as well, a good bit. Don't they have a say?

Yes they have a say ... If they don't like what the employer offers ... They can purchase their own healthcare for what they want at their own expense.
I doubt an employer would mind an employee not signing up for their healthcare plan.

As an employer ... My employees can either accept my healthcare benefit options ... Or the money I would spend on the bisuness' part, if they don't like it.
I do that out of kindness ... Not because I am required to ... And if they don't like it, I will help them buy their own ... :thup:

The employer is not doing it out of kindness. It is part of an entire compensation package that includes pay and benefits. Compensation for work provided. You don't get to choose what an employee does with his legally earned compensation. That means if I want to use it ( or the portion I put my money in to) for birthcontrol, what right do you have to prevent me from doing so?

Birth control is a rider, just like cosmetic surgery. All healthcare plans come with a list of what they do and do not cover. You can't expect your plan from work to cover dental bills if you don't have dental as part of the plan.

What right does a government have forcing an employer to pay for specific care they may not want to pay for?

That is not actually the question. The question was whether or not an employer should have the right to choose to deny specific care for things they are opposed to.

Think about what you are saying. Why should your employer have the right to deny you a specific type of care (by denying equal funding for certain types of care)? If you have a basic right to "health care" in its broadest terms, why should your employer be able to pick and choose from the health care menu? Why isn't that YOUR decision?

I'm a truck driver, and my employer provides me with a truck to do my job. I don't get to pick out which truck I want and which one I don't. He's paying for the truck, so he decides what kind of truck I am to drive

All benefits are provided at the mercy of the employer. They get to decide what benefits they will provide because they are the ones who are paying for those benefits.

Sure. And your government (meaning your people) are not obligated to provide for anything. The problem with the US is that you are so individualistic that you can't conceive of a society which actually bands together as a collective to help each other. Everything is about individual pay-for-shit

Well yes it is. Our founders never meant for our federal government to be a charity. Our government is to govern.

It is unfortunate that the liberals in our country defied that goal. Now we are 20 trillion in debt and growing.

Hopefully you have the numbers...you sound well informed on this subject. I know this...nobody I know that followed the "manual" for life NEEDS other people's money to survive yet everyone I know that's a complete phuck-up does.

What right does a government have forcing an employer to pay for specific care they may not want to pay for?

That is not actually the question. The question was whether or not an employer should have the right to choose to deny specific care for things they are opposed to.

Think about what you are saying. Why should your employer have the right to deny you a specific type of care (by denying equal funding for certain types of care)? If you have a basic right to "health care" in its broadest terms, why should your employer be able to pick and choose from the health care menu? Why isn't that YOUR decision?

I'm a truck driver, and my employer provides me with a truck to do my job. I don't get to pick out which truck I want and which one I don't. He's paying for the truck, so he decides what kind of truck I am to drive

All benefits are provided at the mercy of the employer. They get to decide what benefits they will provide because they are the ones who are paying for those benefits.
But that truck has to meet certain minimum standards even then.

Also, it isn't really comparable is it? You don't put in any of your own money to the purchase of that truck do you? It's not part of your wages and compensation package? It's wholly owned by your employer and provided for your use so you can do your job.

Benefits are negotiated for, as part of the entire compensation package for your labor. When a monetary figure is attached to it it includes wages and benefits. Mercy has nothing to do with it. Now I don't know about you but part of my salary pays for my health insurance, so yes I pay for it too.

Last edited:

Hopefully you have the numbers...you sound well informed on this subject. I know this...nobody I know that followed the "manual" for life NEEDS other people's money to survive yet everyone I know that's a complete phuck-up does.
You are the one who made the claim of two percent.

The current work world is why employees need not be loyal to their employers..be in constant look out for better employment...don't maarry and do not have kids. The new improved version of the so called American dream. It's a dog eat dog world. Loyalty is now a fault.

It's not a question of anybody in need. Every society has people in need. But here everything is political.

This is fine when the politics is going you way. When it's not, you are screwed.

Forum List

Back