How did liz cheney get so rich after becoming a politician?

I think we need to:
  1. Spread lies about the Cheneys on national TV for months while conducting a special investigation into every aspect of her life.
  2. Raid the Cheney's homes taking everything.
  3. Subpoena everyone the Cheneys know and subject them to intense questioning.
  4. Accuse Liz of being the most dangerous thing ever to the USA.
Sounds about right.

The downside to a massive state. A smaller budget federal government may be a bit corrupted, but the resources are far more limited. We are failed because our political class has failed us. A lot of people live in our nation for the number of representatives and senators at a federal level. Too easy to be bought out. Give more power back to the states. A lot more power. Even with high taxes.
You had me until "high taxes." :eek:

One thing we do need to do is to stop insider trading and influence peddling by our elected politicians. That may prove extremely difficult as they write the laws. If they did make such activities illegal they would likely just quadruple their salaries.

Perhaps term limits might help.

My own personal feeling is that all aspects of DC politician's operation in office from raises to term limits to inside trading ought to be subject to vote by the PEOPLE. Before anyone gets a raise, it should be subject to the people of their home state voting that they think they deserve a raise, to vote whether they should get special healthcare and benefits or get the same as everyone else, and whether being able to invest in stocks having such access to policies influencing stock trends or if that should be outright forbidden.

NO ONE should have the ability to rule on policies directly affecting their own benefit.

Maybe if MAGA succeeds in gaining control enough in Washington this Fall, they can make that a reality to end people going to Washington poor to leave a few years later filthy RICH.

My own personal feeling is that all aspects of DC politician's operation in office from raises to term limits to inside trading ought to be subject to vote by the PEOPLE. Before anyone gets a raise, it should be subject to the people of their home state voting that they think they deserve a raise, to vote whether they should get special healthcare and benefits or get the same as everyone else, and whether being able to invest in stocks having such access to policies influencing stock trends or if that should be outright forbidden.

NO ONE should have the ability to rule on policies directly affecting their own benefit.

Maybe if MAGA succeeds in gaining control enough in Washington this Fall, they can make that a reality to end people going to Washington poor to leave a few years later filthy RICH.
I like your approach. If it could be implemented it might make a BIG difference.

Forum List

Back