How do people survive on minimum wage?

MW workers get food stamps. $625 a month for a family of 5.
They are eating T bone steak and shrimp cocktail.
Where the hell have you folks been?

Again with the stereotype bullshit. I did not get food stamps when I was making minimum wage.

A person in our state right now making minimum wage and supporting only himself can get a whopping $16.00 a month in food stamps. How many t bone steaks will that buy you? one?

Again with the stereotype bullshit. I did not get food stamps when I was making minimum wage.

A person in our state right now making minimum wage and supporting only himself can get a whopping $16.00 a month in food stamps. How many t bone steaks will that buy you? one?

pretty soon these people will figure out that the kochs and those like them stole all their money, like walmart waltons, by fixing the rules against everyone else and they will do something about it...something serious

Family of 5 gets $625 a month in food stamps Moe.
If facts are "stereotyping" to you then that is your problem.
All I did was post the facts.

pretty soon these people will figure out that the kochs and those like them stole all their money, like walmart waltons, by fixing the rules against everyone else and they will do something about it...something serious

Why do we give him $16 if he is working?
Work 80 hours a week if you have to.
I have for 30 years.
Americans have turned into milk weak wimps.

LOL, right, folks that are so brilliant and are working a few hours a week for the MW are going to have the tools to fund some sort of uprising.
A modern day F troop, the Occutard F Team.
I am shaking in my boots.

I have for 30 years.

There are only so many hours in the day...how much time do you think one should have to work in order to survive????

Family of 5 gets $625 a month in food stamps Moe.
If facts are "stereotyping" to you then that is your problem.
All I did was post the facts.

Fact is you said anyone making minimum wage would be on food stamps That is the stereotyping I was talking about.

Hmmm 5 people x 30 days (I'm being conservative) x 3 meals a day comes out to $1.39 a meal. Yeah, T bones and shrimp on that kind of budget. Are you insane? More like ground meat once a week, lots of pasta, rice, beans, etc..

I have for 30 years.

There are only so many hours in the day...how much time do you think one should have to work in order to survive????

As many hours as it takes.

When I went back to college after the first time I worked 40 hours a week at one job, 12 hours a week at another part time job that paid the MW and another 12 hours a week mowing yards, cleaning gutters and other odd jobs.
64 hours a week
And I went to college on top of that!
You do what you have to do. I made it and it made me value a dollar and value working to get ahead.
Go to work, work 2 jobs or maybe 3 like I did.
Or bitch and moan and make demands that you are owed something.

Increasing the minimum wage will price many underskilled, uneducated and minority workers out of the job market........................Perhaps these mindless neanderthals will figure that out......

Half of them dont bring any value to their current wage rate as it is........

Hmmm 5 people x 30 days (I'm being conservative) x 3 meals a day comes out to $1.39 a meal. Yeah, T bones and shrimp on that kind of budget. Are you insane? More like ground meat once a week, lots of pasta, rice, beans, etc..

What? They sell their food stamps for 60 cents on the dollar and eat the T bones and shrimp for a week and then are out of money.
They go to the food bank and Must Ministries to get their other food.
The kids go hungry. Are you so naive and gullible to believe that giving irresponsible people that have children that they can not even feed will be responsible to get food from a food stamp card? :lol::lol::lol:
Most folks on food stamps hate their own kids. If they loved them they would work 3 jobs 64 hours a week like I did for 4 years straight PLUS WENT TO COLLEGE.

Increasing the minimum wage will price many underskilled, uneducated and minority workers out of the job market........................Perhaps these mindless neanderthals will figure that out......

Half of them dont bring any value to their current wage rate as it is........

U R wasting your time. These folks here want a guaranteed standard of living. They have no clue about supply and demand and training one's self for what the market demands.
They get a degree in Greek Mythology, can not find a job other than "Do you want fries with that?" and wonder why all it pays is $7 an hour.

Balancing a check book is Econ 101 to them.

I have for 30 years.

When I went back to college after the first time I worked 40 hours a week at one job, 12 hours a week at another part time job that paid the MW and another 12 hours a week mowing yards, cleaning gutters and other odd jobs.
64 hours a week
You do what you have to do. I made it and it made me value a dollar and value working to get ahead.

When you worked that 40 hour mw job, your pay was 1/3 more than a mw worker gets today, when adjusted for inflation. Do you think you could have made it if your paid paid 1/3 less?? What would you have done?

I have for 30 years.

64 hours a week
sure you did, and my father walked 5 miles to and from school every day of the week, on one leg, with his arm tied behind his back, in 10 feet of snow...:razz:

Last edited:

64 hours a week
sure you did, and my father walked 5 miles to a from school every day of the week, on one leg, with his arm tied behind his back, in 10 feet of snow...:razz:

:lol: Uphill both ways..with macaroni boxes in the soles of his shoes!

64 hours a week
sure you did, and my father walked 5 miles to a from school every day of the week, on one leg, with his arm tied behind his back, in 10 feet of snow...:razz:

:lol: Uphill both ways..with macaroni boxes in the soles of his shoes!
hahahahahahahahahaha! glad you caught the humor in that!:lol:

64 hours a week

When you worked that 40 hour mw job, your pay was 1/3 more than a mw worker gets today, when adjusted for inflation. Do you think you could have made it if your paid paid 1/3 less?? What would you have done?

When did I work that MW job and how much did I make?
You are real quick out of thin air with your talking point "facts".
You have no clue what I did or how much I made or what my bills were.
Where do you get your 1/3 less? Democrat talking points?
Country boy will survive if I had NO wage.
No cry babies.

Forum List

Back