How do progressives live through July 4th?

You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

I laugh at all the rednecks who win "Darwin Awards" offing themselves in stupid ways.

I really don't have a problem with BBQ. Or beers. or any of the other stuff you list.

Now, I realize that we should spend some time reflecting on how some slave-raping rich people saved us from being Canadians 241 years ago, but I can't get worked up over it.

Then again, most of you Wingnuts don't honor veterans on Veteran's Day or our War Dead on Memorial Day or the people who fought for worker's rights on Labor Day.

What is called a Liberal in America today would have been a Tory in 1776. They would have supported the big government of King George, the increased taxation, the confiscation of firearms and would have called the American Patriots "Right Wing Extremists". They would have fought against the Revolution. They would have hated the Bill of Rights with those freedoms of speech, religion and right to keep and bear arms.

Liberals are pretty much the scum of America. They are now and would have been then.

Again, dude, you have issues. Did your girlfriend run off with a kid wearing a Che T-shirt?

I am a progressive living in a small, predominantly progressive, northern California town. We have a town picnic. Music, food, games. We do egg tosses, three legged races, etc. For a small donation to the volunteer fire department, you can get a cold draft beer.

Later the family gets together at the folks house to light off fireworks and shoot off guns, although that's more a thing on New Years.

And yeah, troll thread.

You can bitch it's a troll thread but I really want to know how you do it. It's the most redneck holiday in the world. We go shoot some guns, BBQ, shoot fireworks, drink some beers and watch some Motorsport's. All of the things that piss you off. We go camping, start camp fires and ride our off road vehicles Willy nilly.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?

You need to turn off the radio and change the channel on your TV.

How?

The usual: parades, fireworks, bbq, beer drinking, just like everyone else.

It's the ultimate redneck idiot party you claim to hate. How do you get through it?

Leave it up to a USMB nutbag to try and highlight division on a day in which real Americans celebrate unity.

FTR, I'm doing 3 of the 5 things on the asshole's list above. Add in playing softball, a good classic rock cover band and a cornhole tournney and you describe my Independence day.

Ya dumb shit.

I recommend absinthe. That shit fucks you up.

What is called a Liberal in America today would have been a Tory in 1776. They would have supported the big government of King George, the increased taxation, the confiscation of firearms and would have called the American Patriots "Right Wing Extremists". They would have fought against the Revolution. They would have hated the Bill of Rights with those freedoms of speech, religion and right to keep and bear arms.

Liberals are pretty much the scum of America. They are now and would have been then.

Again, dude, you have issues. Did your girlfriend run off with a kid wearing a Che T-shirt?

Your just mad the crowed with the Che T-shirts invited your girlfriend to the party but not you.

Your just mad the crowed with the Che T-shirts invited your girlfriend to the party but not you.

You're just mad you couldn't get into College. Probably because you think Crowd is spelled "crowed" and College is spelled "Collage". And nobody explained the difference between 'your" (Second person possessive) and "you're" (contraction for "you are") to you.

Spell Check is not always your friend. Literacy is.

Last edited:

Your just mad you couldn't get into College. Probably because you think Crowd is spelled "crowed" and College is spelled "Collage". And nobody explained the difference between 'your" (Second person possessive) and "you're" (contraction for "you are") to you.

Spell Check is not always your friend. Literacy is.

Check that first word.

This country was founded by people who wanted government to stay the hell out of their lives.

My, how far we've fallen.

John Adams & Thomas Jefferson died on July 4, 1826, 50 yrs after signing Declaration of Independence. Adams last words: "Jefferson survives"

"liberty can no more exist without virtue and independence than the body can live and move without a soul" - Thomas Jefferson

Forum List

Back