How do the non-spiritual explain it?

So, you're saying you have herd mentality?

No, that sounds like what you are saying, sweetie.

Edgar Cayce was a quack with a 9th grade education. He appealed to others with a 9th grade education. A broken clock is right twice a day.

Has California slid into the ocean? And didn't Cayce predict that in 1958 the US would discover some weird death ray used on Atlantis?

This may come as a shock to you but your "because I say so" answer is weak.

Just be honest - you can't identify a single, demonstrable case of a disease being cured by the methods of "spiritual"'ness".

Just be honest - you can't identify a single, demonstrable case of a disease not being cured by God.

Actually, rituals (aka: rituals), clearly do not always have a connection to some "spiritual" (aka: religious) ceremony.

Ceremonial rituals can only be connected with spiritual beliefs. There is no physical reason for them and you can't explain one into existence because you want me to be wrong.

Just be honest - you can't identify a single, demonstrable case of a disease being cured by the methods of "spiritual"'ness".

Just be honest - you can't identify a single, demonstrable case of a disease not being cured by God.

Look who's talking. How does this non existent god cure disease exactly?

Actually, rituals (aka: rituals), clearly do not always have a connection to some "spiritual" (aka: religious) ceremony.

Ceremonial rituals can only be connected with spiritual beliefs. There is no physical reason for them and you can't explain one into existence because you want me to be wrong.
Of course there's a physical reason: death.

Religion, god/gods, superstition, ritualism, spiritualism – all nonsensical contrivances of man, all the consequence of man's fear of death and his being aware of his own mortality.

Religion, god/gods, superstition, ritualism, spiritualism – all nonsensical contrivances of man, all the consequence of man's fear of death and his being aware of his own mortality.

... and his being aware of his own mortality.

th

not so by virtue, culminating beforehand at the passage to the Everlasting, accompanying the accomplished Apex of Knowledge before Death as the Justifiable pursuit of Spiritualism.

Death is not the physical reason for the ritual unless the ritual physically prevents death or restores life and it doesn't.

I've already addressed your arguments about contrivance of man to console fears of death. Seems like we go through this on every thread about this topic and you just continue not being able to support your argument or refute mine.

What is so ironic about the "contrivance of man to console fears" argument is, it actually validates and legitimizes human spirituality, if you are correct. (You're not) What you are essentially saying is, man created an ingenious way to use imagination to overcome fear and it works. Next time you find yourself in fear, just remember that you can imagine yourself out of fear. Now give this man the Nobel prize for discovering how to cure every phobia known to man!

We are aware of our own mortality because we are aware of immortality. What you are trying to claim as the reason man invented spirituality is the very thing that spirituality caused in the first place. It is the awareness of spirit which causes us to contemplate an afterlife.

Look who's talking. How does this non existent god cure disease exactly?

Same way it created the disease and caused the person to get it and then, us to be aware of it. The same way it inspired the person who believed in something greater than self and found a cure for the disease. God works in many mysterious (and not so mysterious) ways.

Just be honest. That is your admission of a completely pointless argument.

Why do you assume your silly "because I say so" claims are taken seriously?

Cancer. There's a disease not being cured by Gawd.

Because you can't explain ceremonial rituals which have a physical purpose or reason. Ceremonial rituals have no physical benefits. Go ahead... try to come up with any ceremonial ritual and define the physical benefits of the actual ritual and ceremony.

It's like... If we found evidence of ancient civilizations praying and meditating and you tried to deny that was "spiritual" because maybe they were doing yoga... err.. palates... err... aerobics! Whew, had to struggle to find a non-spiritual ritual there! Ceremonial ritual burials using red ocher, burying artifacts with the dead, sending them off into the afterlife... these are spiritual practices. They have no physical purpose or reason.

What is so wonderfully ironclad is, even IF you could find a physically beneficial reason for ceremonial rituals, you will have proven human spirituality valid in the process. Quite the conundrum.

Because you can't explain ceremonial rituals which have a physical purpose or reason. Ceremonial rituals have no physical benefits. Go ahead... try to come up with any ceremonial ritual and define the physical benefits of the actual ritual and ceremony.

It's like... If we found evidence of ancient civilizations praying and meditating and you tried to deny that was "spiritual" because maybe they were doing yoga... err.. palates... err... aerobics! Whew, had to struggle to find a non-spiritual ritual there! Ceremonial ritual burials using red ocher, burying artifacts with the dead, sending them off into the afterlife... these are spiritual practices. They have no physical purpose or reason.

What is so wonderfully ironclad is, even IF you could find a physically beneficial reason for ceremonial rituals, you will have proven human spirituality valid in the process. Quite the conundrum.

What is there to explain? People also used to do Bloodletting to drain illnesses. :p

A ritual is nothing more than tradition.

You seem to be equating "spiritual" with non-physical.

What I would like you to do is identify how religion has ever cured a disease. That should be easy for you, right?

You keep talking about Religion and I keep telling you I'm not Religious!!

Human spiritualism has been curing diseases for 100,000 years. Emily presented an impressive study on spiritual healing and this is something the medical community takes very seriously because of how effective it has been.

Aside from that, the entire history of modern medicine is the work of humans inspired by something greater than self to find cures, create vaccines, save lives, etc.
Can you provide an example of a disease cured by the gawds of your spirit realms?
the disease of atheism.....

you really have difficulty understanding the concept of a choice of faith, don't you......

What I would like you to do is identify how religion has ever cured a disease. That should be easy for you, right?

You keep talking about Religion and I keep telling you I'm not Religious!!

Human spiritualism has been curing diseases for 100,000 years. Emily presented an impressive study on spiritual healing and this is something the medical community takes very seriously because of how effective it has been.

Aside from that, the entire history of modern medicine is the work of humans inspired by something greater than self to find cures, create vaccines, save lives, etc.
Can you provide an example of a disease cured by the gawds of your spirit realms?
the disease of atheism.....

Atheism is growing. Is that the cure?

A ritual is nothing more than tradition.

A ritual can BE MADE a tradition, but what is the practical physical purpose of a tradition? Haven't you ever heard the phrase "in the spirit of tradition?" A tradition still has a spiritually-rooted foundation and not a physical one, unless it is directly a physical tradition. Ritual burials with red ocher are not physical traditions. Sorry!

Forum List

Back