How Do We Eradicate Partisanship From American Politics?

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?
you are making it sound like only republicans are partisan Marc....

We can start by eliminating the first amendment so that the only speech that is permitted is the one approved by the government. Then we will all have the same thoughts and ideas and no disagreement with anything other than the official doctrine of the United States and if you don't see this as a blatent attempt to ridiculue your closet fascist self then you can go FUCK yourself in the ass as hard you can.

Anyone?
you are making it sound like only republicans are partisan Marc....
I'm referring to the most current and/or most glaring case of it.

We all know both sides do it too.

We can start by eliminating the first amendment so that the only speech that is permitted is the one approved by the government. Then we will all have the same thoughts and ideas and no disagreement with anything other than the official doctrine of the United States and if you don't see this as a blatent attempt to ridiculue your closet fascist self then you can go FUCK yourself in the ass as hard you can.
I better not hear you talking some nonsense about "such and such a Democrat is being divisive."

Anyone?

I doubt we'll see it in our lifetime. It will likely take centuries for all the ignorance to be bred out.

A strong leader who will work hard for all the people.....

Or this one.....

hillary w_adoring crowd.jpg

You will all bow before me some day.....

I better not hear you talking some nonsense about "such and such a Democrat is being divisive."

You won't because I'm a liberal in my heart. I realized that people like you have devised clever arguments that kind of trump a lot of liberty such as labeling anyone who disagrees with anyone else as 'partisan' which makes it seem like those people are harming our country. In order to eliminate partisanship we would have to make sure no one can say anything other than what is approved of by the government. We can't have 'extremist' views because that would be more 'partisanship' and that is bad. Instead of just being OK with whatever other people say or believe you seem to view it as detrimental to society which is complete bullshit and you can fuck your communist self in ass.

Anyone?

I doubt we'll see it in our lifetime. It will likely take centuries for all the ignorance to be bred out.
Ignorance is a product of nurture not nature.

Anyone?

since people like you have always been around....you are probably right....

Anyone?

Duh, that's my point.

Anyone?

Duh, that's my point.
Easy , I'm on your side.

thankfully the right wing white christers are dying off , maybe the republican party can reinvent itself in 20 -30 years to become a national party once again , sans the bitter uneducated white christers who will be a very small minority by then

Anyone?

Happen a lot sooner if we stop nominating and electing people like Hillary and Trump

Anyone?

I believe partisanship could be diminished to a great degree by having term limits. What I'm seeing time and time again is that you have for example in the Senate "Team McConnell" vs "Team Reid". These men have built up a power base so strong that when an up and comer wants to work "hands across the aisle" they get bitch slapped silly.

An example comes to mind from the last session. Not picking on the D side here. It's just an example that I know very well. Senator Heidi Heitkamp from the wonderful state of North Dakota fought long and hard to come to some middle ground over the Keystone Pipeline. She's just south of me and I hear her interviewed all the time on various stations.

This woman is a phenomenal Democrat in the old tried and true sense of the label. I really admire this woman but she met resistance from Reid at every turn. Reid wouldn't listen to his own people.

McConnell pulls the same shit. When they've been in so long, when their power base is so strong, abuse is bound to occur and I believe we've been witnessing this for far too long.

Term limits would be a good start.

Here's an FYI. It shows how hard she worked to get people to hammer out a solution.

Nov 12 2014
Heitkamp Calls for Senate to Vote This Week on Bill to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline
Senator Worked Over Past Year to Gather Strong Bipartisan Support for Bill from Other Democrats for Legislation
WASHINGTON, D.C.

Her statement at link. But here's how she was working it in a strong bi partisan fashion.

More at link:

Heitkamp Calls for Senate to Vote This Week on Bill to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline - Press Releases - United States Senator Heidi Heitkamp

Anyone?

Happen a lot sooner if we stop nominating and electing people like Hillary and Trump

Nope, our education system ain't that good. Plus, there's that homeskooling thingy...

SHORTBUS.jpg

NaziCon School Bus.

Anyone?
The first step is for dumbfucks like you to recognize that partisanship is a TWO WAY STREET.
Your op in and of itself is nothing but hyperpartisanship. A one sided affair posted by a hack who to my knowledge has NEVER called out his own side for their own bullshit.

Anyone?

I believe partisanship could be diminished to a great degree by having term limits. What I'm seeing time and time again is that you have for example in the Senate "Team McConnell" vs "Team Reid". These men have built up a power base so strong that when an up and comer wants to work "hands across the aisle" they get bitch slapped silly.

An example comes to mind from the last session. Not picking on the D side here. It's just an example that I know very well. Senator Heidi Heitkamp from the wonderful state of North Dakota fought long and hard to come to some middle ground over the Keystone Pipeline. She's just south of me and I hear her interviewed all the time on various stations.

This woman is a phenomenal Democrat in the old tried and true sense of the label. I really admire this woman but she met resistance from Reid at every turn. Reid wouldn't listen to his own people.

McConnell pulls the same shit. When they've been in so long, when their power base is so strong, abuse is bound to occur and I believe we've been witnessing this for far too long.

Term limits would be a good start.

Here's an FYI. It shows how hard she worked to get people to hammer out a solution.

Nov 12 2014
Heitkamp Calls for Senate to Vote This Week on Bill to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline
Senator Worked Over Past Year to Gather Strong Bipartisan Support for Bill from Other Democrats for Legislation
WASHINGTON, D.C.

Her statement at link. But here's how she was working it in a strong bi partisan fashion.

More at link:

Heitkamp Calls for Senate to Vote This Week on Bill to Approve Keystone XL Pipeline - Press Releases - United States Senator Heidi Heitkamp
^^^^took the bait.

Lol

Forum List

Back