How Do We Eradicate Partisanship From American Politics?

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...
I was using examples of what I know. That it happens to be Republican isn't me being partisan, it's mere fact.

I welcome examples of Democratic partisanship.

Yes, you see "partisan" in Republicans, you don't see it in Democrats. That's what you "know." Your problem is, you don't ... think ...

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...
I was using examples of what I know. That it happens to be Republican isn't me being partisan, it's mere fact.

:lmao:

It's amazing, isn't it? He sees a wolf in every Republican and a lamb in every Democrat. Then he condemns partisan when ... Republicans! do it!!!!!

:lmao:

What a douche. He clearly can't ... think ...

Anyone?

OK, after a few days with this on the front page have you told us what you plan on doing about partisanship? I assume you to be black. I also assume you to be a democrat. I have observed that on every occasion you have taken the side of the democrats.

So, since you seem to be one of those that are quite partisan can you tell me what you plan on doing to end partisanship?

If your answer is the same as what liberals always say then for get it. Doing everything the left wants isn't going to happen.
Having a record that's mostly on one side doesn't mean that one cannot view things without a political partisan lense.

By their fruits they shall be known. Your fruits are all democrat, I have never seen you take the other side. Maybe I take the opposite view all the time but I am not starting threads as if I am above being partisan.

Now, I nicely asked you a question, what are you going to do?
I can list a number of conservative views I personally hold.

How many liberal views can you list?

Answer my question first. Which is in reality your question.

Anyone?

I doubt we'll see it in our lifetime. It will likely take centuries for all the ignorance to be bred out.

Unfortunately, if history is any indicator, it will take something of catastrophic proportions to turn Americans into one voice again. This is usually accomplished by an outside threat that becomes a common enemy to everyone.

When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, that brought Americans together in a common effort that would serve to protect all. When we were attacked by a bunch of mostly Saudis in our own domestic airplanes, we became a cohesive nation again. And then Bush botched the whole thing up by attacking the wrong country and the partisanship began again.
After 9/11 America was cohesive for about 14 days.

I was a New Yorker at the time, I've been to the shrines, met family members of the victims, fellowshiped with Americans of all stripes and persuasions in the days preceding the disaster. The collective feeling of togetherness lasted about 2 weeks...tops.

Then it was right back to partisan politics, as usual.

And it was the democrats that turned, not the Republicans.

Anyone?

Screw it at this point. The only hope is that moderate Dems and moderate Republicans form a new party. The far right and other nutjobs have complete control of the Republican Party. It's time to bury it for good. We cannot allow the quacks to take over. It should tell us a great deal when former Republican presidents are all most likely voting for Hillary in this election. They may not state it publicly, but the Bush's will not vote for Trump.

Anyone?

I doubt we'll see it in our lifetime. It will likely take centuries for all the ignorance to be bred out.

Unfortunately, if history is any indicator, it will take something of catastrophic proportions to turn Americans into one voice again. This is usually accomplished by an outside threat that becomes a common enemy to everyone.

When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, that brought Americans together in a common effort that would serve to protect all. When we were attacked by a bunch of mostly Saudis in our own domestic airplanes, we became a cohesive nation again. And then Bush botched the whole thing up by attacking the wrong country and the partisanship began again.
After 9/11 America was cohesive for about 14 days.

I was a New Yorker at the time, I've been to the shrines, met family members of the victims, fellowshiped with Americans of all stripes and persuasions in the days preceding the disaster. The collective feeling of togetherness lasted about 2 weeks...tops.

Then it was right back to partisan politics, as usual.

I hope you recognize yourself as a prime example.
I have never found you to be influenced in the least by facts.

Forum List

Back