How Do We Eradicate Partisanship From American Politics?

Syntha, shut up if you can't post anything worthwhile.

The ages of the founders were 4 late twenties, 14 thirties, about 20 forties, and the rest were 50 and older.

The lefty, crazed millennials are not going to be allowed to rewrite American history any more than the crazed far right septuagenarians.

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?
you are making it sound like only republicans are partisan Marc....

no. but it's pretty clear that republicans don't choose to govern.... only obstruct.

everyone is partisan. i doubt we could expect anything different. however, when tip o'neal was speaker, business got done, legislation was passed. problems addressed. since gingrich and his war on america the parties have been unable to work together to get business done.
i dont know Jill....i was reading this article in a paper over the weekend that had quite a few Democrats saying Trump picking Newt for his VP would be the smartest thing he would be doing at this point....they all seemed to have lots of respect for the guy......just sayin....

You must be meeting a different kind of democrat. The ones I know he led the witch hunt against Bill Clinton all the while when he was cheating on his wife, served her with divorce papers while she was in the hospital post mastectomy and then married the congressional aid he was fooling around with on his wife. All while running the contract on America.

So I'm sure there are alternative views the dems I know don't see him as much better than trump, only as a better politician.
they were guys in congress,they agreed along the lines of what biden was saying the other day....

Sorry Harry. I missed what Biden said.

The Age of the Delegates in 1787 The Age of the Delegates in 1787 | Teaching American History
Age β€” 20s
Jonathon Dayton (NJ) Β— (1760 β€” 1824) Β— Age: 26
John F. Mercer (MD) Β— (1759 – 1821) Β— Age: 28
Richard Dobbs Spaight (NC) Β— (1758 – 1802) Β— Age: 29
Charles Pinckney (SC) Β— (1757 – 1824) Β— Age: 29

Age – 30s
William R. Davie (NC) Β— (1756 – 1820) Β— Age: 30
Alexander Hamilton (NY) Β— (1757 – 1804) Β— Age: 30
Nicholas Gilman (NH) Β— (1755 – 1814) Β— Age: 32
William Houstoun (GA) Β— (1755 – 1813) Β— Age: 32
Rufus King (MA) Β— (1755 – 1827) Β— Age: 32
John Lansing, Jr. (NY) Β— (1754 – 1829) Β— Age: 32
Abraham Baldwin (GA) Β— (1754 – 1807) Β— Age: 33
Edmund J. Randolph (VA) Β— (1753 – 1813) Β— Age: 34
Gouverneur Morris (PA) Β— (1752 – 1816) Β— Age: 35
Jacob Broom (DE) Β— (1752 – 1810) Β— Age: 35
James Madison Jr. (VA) Β— (1751 – 1836) Β— Age: 36
Jared Ingersoll (PA) Β— (1749 – 1822) Β— Age: 37
William Few (GA) Β— (1748 – 1828) Β— Age: 39
Luther Martin (MD) Β— (1748 – 1826) Β— Age: 39

Age – 40s
Gunning Bedford, Jr. (DE) Β— (1747 – 1812) Β— Age: 40
Charles Cotesworth Pinckney (SC) Β— (1746 – 1825) Β— Age: 41
William C. Houston (NJ) Β— (1746 – 1788) Β— Age: 41
James McClurg (VA) Β— (1746 – 1823) Β— Age: 41
William Paterson (NJ) Β— (1745 – 1806) Β— Age: 41
Richard Bassett (DE) Β— (1745 – 1815) Β— Age: 42
Oliver Ellsworth (CT) Β— (1745 – 1807) Β— Age: 42
David Brearly (NJ) Β— (1745 – 1790) Β— Age: 42
Caleb Strong (MA) Β— (1745 – 1819) Β— Age: 42
Pierce Butler (SC) Β— (1744 – 1822) Β— Age: 43
William Blount (NC) Β— (1744 – 1800) Β— Age: 43
Elbridge Gerry (MA) Β— (1744 – 1814) Β— Age: 43
Thomas Mifflin (PA) Β— (1744 – 1800) Β— Age: 43
James McHenry (MD) Β— (1743 – 1816) Β— Age: 44
James Wilson (PA) Β— (1742 – 1798) Β— Age: 45
John Langdon (NH) Β— (1741 – 1818) Β— Age: 46
Thomas Fitzsimons (PA) Β— (1741 – 1811) Β— Age: 46
Alexander Martin (NC) Β— (1740 – 1807) Β— Age: 47
William L. Pierce (GA) Β— (1740 – 1789) Β— Age: 47
George Clymer (PA) Β— (1739 – 1813) Β— Age: 48
John Rutledge (SC) Β— (1739 – 1800) Β— Age: 48
Nathaniel Gorham (MA) Β— (1738 – 1796) Β— Age: 49
Robert Yates (NY) Β— (1738 – 1801) Β— Age: 49

Age – 50+
Hugh Williamson (NC) Β— (1735 – 1819) Β— Age: 52
Robert Morris (PA) Β— (1734 – 1806) Β— Age: 53
George Read (DE) Β— (1733 – 1798) Β— Age: 53
John Blair (VA) Β— (1732 – 1800) Β— Age: 55
John Dickinson (DE) Β— (1732 – 1808) Β— Age: 55
George Washington (VA) Β— (1732 – 1799) Β— Age: 55
Daniel Carroll (MD) Β— (1730 – 1796) Β— Age: 57
William Samuel Johnson (CT) Β— (1727 – 1819) Β— Age: 59
George Wythe (VA) Β— (1726 – 1806) Β— Age: 61
George Mason (VA) Β— (1725 – 1792) Β— Age: 62
William Livingston (NJ) Β— (1723 – 1790) Β— Age: 63
Daniel of St. Thomas Jenifer (MD) Β— (1723 – 1790) Β— Age: 64
Roger Sherman (CT) Β— (1721 – 1793) Β— Age: 66
Benjamin Franklin (PA) Β— (1706 – 1790) Β— Age: 81

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?

OK, after a few days with this on the front page have you told us what you plan on doing about partisanship? I assume you to be black. I also assume you to be a democrat. I have observed that on every occasion you have taken the side of the democrats.

So, since you seem to be one of those that are quite partisan can you tell me what you plan on doing to end partisanship?

If your answer is the same as what liberals always say then for get it. Doing everything the left wants isn't going to happen.
Having a record that's mostly on one side doesn't mean that one cannot view things without a political partisan lense.

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...
I was using examples of what I know. That it happens to be Republican isn't me being partisan, it's mere fact.

I welcome examples of Democratic partisanship.

I'm referring to the most current and/or most glaring case of it.

We all know both sides do it too.
Obama's policies were a bridge to far for most Republicans ,not his color,was it good for the tax payer not at all.
Both parties are guilty,whos worse depends on the day.Obama wasn't the most humble winner didn't get things off on
a good note.
Trump is a result of Republicans cluster same with Sanders.
What policies exactly? Specifically BEFORE he actually took office.

i dont think he was talking before he took office Marc,more like after in was in and started saying what he wanted to accomplish.....
My entire point was that Republicans were practicing partisanship against Obama before he even took office though.

and democrats dont do the same thing?....
Like when?

You know the OP is a fuckin hacky wack-a-doodle when the dumbfuck is talking about partisanship in politics and only blasts one side :lol:

Anyone?
Marc!

Marc, Marc, Marc...

There has never been a time in American politics when partisanship was non-existent. Right from the get-go, our country formed two political parties because of radical differences of opinion.

Before the ink was even dry on the Constitution, the battles over slavery began. This eventually led to Bleeding Kansas and then the Civil War, with vitriolic state nullification debates added for extra spice.

And then there was the election of 1828. A Presidential campaign in which the personal attacks became so bitter, they literally KILLED Andrew Jackson's wife.

If you figure out how we get rid of partisan politics, you will deserve the Nobel, the Pulitzer Prize, the Tony, the Oscar, the Emmy, and the Mustard Yellow International Belt. Your likeness will be put on coins and monuments. High schools and boulevards and first born males will be named after you.

Anyone?
Marc!

Marc, Marc, Marc...

There has never been a time in American politics when partisanship was non-existent. Right from the get-go, our country formed two political parties because of radical differences of opinion.

Before the ink was even dry on the Constitution, the battles over slavery began. This eventually led to Bleeding Kansas and then the Civil War, with vitriolic state nullification debates added for extra spice.

And then there was the election of 1828. A Presidential campaign in which the personal attacks became so bitter, they literally KILLED Andrew Jackson's wife.

If you figure out how we get rid of partisan politics, you will deserve the Nobel, the Pulitzer Prize, the Tony, the Oscar, the Emmy, and the Mustard Yellow International Belt. Your likeness will be put on coins and monuments. High schools and boulevards and first born males will be named after you.
So why do so many self-proclaimed conservatives/rightwingers/Republicans keep saying "so-and-so is being divisive" only when referring to a Democrat of course. Is it just more partisan politics at play?

Anyone?
Marc!

Marc, Marc, Marc...

So why do so many self-proclaimed conservatives/rightwingers/Republicans keep saying "so-and-so is being divisive" only when referring to a Democrat of course. Is it just more partisan politics at play?
Yeah, I get pretty tired of one group always laying 100 percent of the blame on some other group for every problem. It's old, and it's stupid.

Like I keep saying, if we want to find who is to blame for all our troubles, all we have to do is take a look in the nearest mirror. We have to stop looking for scapegoats and accept our own part in all this mess.

Until everyone starts taking some personal responsibility, then they are hypocrites whenever they try to take credit. But even worse, this country will continue to be increasingly divisive as the problems deepen.

Marc, call out the retards in your own ranks. Take them to account. Don't let them take over and define your party.

That's about all any of us can do.

Anyone?

OK, after a few days with this on the front page have you told us what you plan on doing about partisanship? I assume you to be black. I also assume you to be a democrat. I have observed that on every occasion you have taken the side of the democrats.

So, since you seem to be one of those that are quite partisan can you tell me what you plan on doing to end partisanship?

If your answer is the same as what liberals always say then for get it. Doing everything the left wants isn't going to happen.
Having a record that's mostly on one side doesn't mean that one cannot view things without a political partisan lense.

By their fruits they shall be known. Your fruits are all democrat, I have never seen you take the other side. Maybe I take the opposite view all the time but I am not starting threads as if I am above being partisan.

Now, I nicely asked you a question, what are you going to do?

Anyone?
you are making it sound like only republicans are partisan Marc....

no. but it's pretty clear that republicans don't choose to govern.... only obstruct.

everyone is partisan. i doubt we could expect anything different. however, when tip o'neal was speaker, business got done, legislation was passed. problems addressed. since gingrich and his war on america the parties have been unable to work together to get business done.
i dont know Jill....i was reading this article in a paper over the weekend that had quite a few Democrats saying Trump picking Newt for his VP would be the smartest thing he would be doing at this point....they all seemed to have lots of respect for the guy......just sayin....

You must be meeting a different kind of democrat. The ones I know he led the witch hunt against Bill Clinton all the while when he was cheating on his wife, served her with divorce papers while she was in the hospital post mastectomy and then married the congressional aid he was fooling around with on his wife. All while running the contract on America.

So I'm sure there are alternative views the dems I know don't see him as much better than trump, only as a better politician.

"Witch hunt "?

???

Anyone?
The ancient Romans appointed an Emperor.

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...
I was using examples of what I know. That it happens to be Republican isn't me being partisan, it's mere fact.

:lmao:

Anyone?

I doubt we'll see it in our lifetime. It will likely take centuries for all the ignorance to be bred out.

Unfortunately, if history is any indicator, it will take something of catastrophic proportions to turn Americans into one voice again. This is usually accomplished by an outside threat that becomes a common enemy to everyone.

When the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, that brought Americans together in a common effort that would serve to protect all. When we were attacked by a bunch of mostly Saudis in our own domestic airplanes, we became a cohesive nation again. And then Bush botched the whole thing up by attacking the wrong country and the partisanship began again.

Forum List

Back