How Do We Eradicate Partisanship From American Politics?

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...

Obama's policies were a bridge to far for most Republicans ,not his color,was it good for the tax payer not at all.
Both parties are guilty,whos worse depends on the day.Obama wasn't the most humble winner didn't get things off on
a good note.
Trump is a result of Republicans cluster same with Sanders.
What policies exactly? Specifically BEFORE he actually took office.

i dont think he was talking before he took office Marc,more like after in was in and started saying what he wanted to accomplish.....
My entire point was that Republicans were practicing partisanship against Obama before he even took office though.

Obama said a lot of stupid shit. His drug habit, his fear of people with different skin pigmentation etc. Lots of video. His spiritual counselor was thrown overboard like his grandmother for political expectancy.
You're clearly parsing the facts through partisan lenses. What's the point?

And your claim of partisanship makes you what exactly? Obama has acted more foolish than the police he has condemned. Declaring Hillary innocent during multiple ongoing FBI criminal investigations is the definition of partisan.

Obama declared exactly what he was going to do to our country before he was elected. He treated half the country with contempt.

It's a known fact that the country has been steadily getting more and more partisan as far as politics are concerned.

Republicans are forever bemoaning that fact w/the meme "such and such is dividing", whenever referring to a Democrat politician of course.

Nevermind that Republicans vowed to not do anything that would benefit President Elect Obama on the night of his swearing in. They obstructed him at every turn, to the point that this has been the most do-nothing Congress since they've been keeping track of their approval rate, with percentages as low as 9% approval.

It's gotten to the point that it doesn't matter what the issue is, everything is seen through purely partisan political lenses, where "your guy" is the devil incarnate, and "my guy" can simply do no wrong. Leaving the American People suffering as the result.

So how do you propose we get rid of partisan politics and get down to the business of The People?

Anyone?
you are making it sound like only republicans are partisan Marc....

no. but it's pretty clear that republicans don't choose to govern.... only obstruct.

everyone is partisan. i doubt we could expect anything different. however, when tip o'neal was speaker, business got done, legislation was passed. problems addressed. since gingrich and his war on america the parties have been unable to work together to get business done.

Anyone?

Well, you could start by not writing idiotic partisan bigoted crap like this. But to do that, you would have to ... think
"Bigoted?"

Did you know that "bigotry" isn't just about race? I know the race whores think you own the word.

This post is classic, you ask for a lack of partisanship, which you then turn around and blame partisanship on Republicans. Think about it. But not too hard, you don't do that very often and you don't want to overdo it your first time out. Do lots of stretching and drink plenty of fluids

Damn, hic, Republicans, fucking partisan you are, hic, drool, damned partisan Republicans ...

:cuckoo:

Anyone?

"Bigoted?"

:bsflag:

I made a couple of suggestions. The 17th Amendment is an issue. This forum is filled with partisan hacks. I have no idea who you are, but returning rights is critical to progress. Say you live in a comfy suburb, or you live in a state that is the 12th largest economy, how much influence do you believe you wield?
The 17th happened because the individual state legislatures had failed the people, so the state legislatures got their asses stuffed up their throats so only an eye peeped out of their butts. Return power to the state leges to elect senators, and the same issues would occur again.

The millennials, right and left and center, can pull their asses out of their heads.

The average age of the Signers was 44, the youngest 26 and the oldest 70.

The Framers had 4 late twenties, 14 thirties, 23 forties, and 14 fifties plus.

Actually the Founding Fathers mostly opposed the idea of legal political parties, as I understand it.
Let's always keep in mind that the Founders were twentysomethings.
The signers of the Declaration of Independence and the framers of the Constitution were mostly twenty-somethings? Sorry, but I call bullshit.
Here are notable people's ages on July 4, 1776:

• Andrew Jackson, 9
  • (Major) Thomas Young, 12
  • Deborah Sampson, 15
  • James Armistead, 15
  • Joseph Plumb Martin, 15
  • Peter Salem, 16**
  • Peggy Shippen, 16
  • Marquis de Lafayette, 18
  • James Monroe, 18
  • Henry Lee III, 20
  • Gilbert Stuart, 20
  • John Trumbull, 20
  • Aaron Burr, 20
  • John Marshall, 20
  • Nathan Hale, 21
  • Banastre Tarleton, 21
  • Alexander Hamilton, 21**
  • Benjamin Tallmadge, 22
  • Robert Townsend, 22
  • George Rodgers Clark, 23
  • David Humphreys, 23
  • Gouveneur Morris, 24
  • Betsy Ross, 24
  • William Washington, 24
  • James Madison, 25
  • Henry Knox, 25
  • John Andre, 26
  • Thomas Lynch, Jr., 26*
  • Edward Rutledge, 26*
  • Abraham Woodhull, 26
  • Isaiah Thomas, 27
  • George Walton, 27* **
  • John Paul Jones, 28
  • Bernardo de Galvez, 29
  • Thomas Heyward, Jr., 29*
  • Robert R. Livingston, 29
  • John Jay, 30
  • Tadeusz Kosciuszko, 30
  • Benjamin Rush, 30*
  • Abigail Adams, 31
  • John Barry, 31
  • Elbridge Gerry, 31*
  • Casimir Pulaski, 31
  • Anthony Wayne, 31
  • Joseph Brant, 33
  • Nathanael Greene, 33
  • Thomas Jefferson, 33*
  • Thomas Stone, 33* **
  • William Hooper, 34*
  • Arthur Middleton, 34*
  • James Wilson, 34* **
  • Benedict Arnold, 35
  • Samuel Chase, 35*
  • Thomas Knowlton, 35
  • William Paca, 35*
  • John Penn, 35*
  • Hercules Mulligan, 36
  • Andrew Pickens, 36
  • Haym Solomon, 36
  • John Sullivan, 36
  • George Clymer, 37*
  • Charles Cornwallis, 37
  • Thomas Nelson, Jr., 37*
  • Ethan Allen, 38
  • Charles Carroll, 38*
  • King George III, 38
  • Francis Hopkinson, 38*
  • Carter Braxton, 39*
  • George Clinton, 39
  • John Hancock, 39*
  • Daniel Morgan, 39
  • Thomas Paine, 39
  • Patrick Henry, 40
  • Enoch Poor, 40
  • John Adams, 40*
  • Daniel Boone, 41
  • William Floyd, 41^
  • Button Gwinnett, 41* **
  • John Lamb, 41**
  • Francis Lightfoot Lee, 41*
  • Paul Revere, 41
  • Thomas Sumter, 41
  • Robert Morris, 42*
  • Thomas McKean, 42*
  • George Read, 42*
  • John Dickinson, 43
  • John Glover, 43
  • Benjamin Edes, 43
  • Samuel Huntington, 44*
  • Richard Henry Lee, 44*
  • Charles Lee, 44
  • Francis Marion, 44
  • Lord North, 44
  • George Washington, 44
  • Joseph Galloway, 45
  • Robert Treat Paine, 45*
  • Friedrich von Steuben, 45
  • Richard Stockton, 45*
  • Martha Washington, 45
  • William Williams, 45*
  • (Dr.) Thomas Young, 45
  • Josiah Bartlett, 46*
  • Henry Clinton, 46
  • Joseph Hewes, 46*
  • William Howe, 46
  • George Ross, 46*
  • William Whipple, 46*
  • Caesar Rodney, 47*
  • John Stark, 47
  • Mercy Otis Warren, 47
  • William Ellery, 48*
  • Horatio Gates, 48
  • Artemas Ward, 48
  • Oliver Wolcott, 49*
  • Abraham Clark, 50*
  • Benjamin Harrison, 50*
  • Lewis Morris, 50*
  • Lord Stirling, 50
  • George Wythe, 50* **
  • Guy Carleton, 51
  • John Morton, 51* **
  • Comte de Rochambeau, 51
  • Lyman Hall, 52*
  • James Rivington, 52**
  • Samuel Adams, 53*
  • Comte de Grasse, 53
  • John Witherspoon, 53*
  • John Burgoyne, 54
  • Johann de Kalb, 55
  • Roger Sherman, 55*
  • Thomas Gage, 56
  • James Smith, 56*
  • Israel Putnam, 58
  • Comte de Vergennes, 58
  • Lewis Nicola, 59**
  • George Germain, 60
  • Philip Livingston, 60*
  • George Taylor, 60* **
  • Matthew Thornton, 62*
  • Francis Lewis, 63*
  • John Hart, 65* **
  • Stephen Hopkins, 69*
  • Benjamin Franklin, 70*
  • Samuel Whittemore, 81
Post No. 166 says it all - authoritatively.

The sampling domain was limited - by the poster's own words - to Founding Fathers - signers of the Declaration and/or framers of the Constitution.

I don't think you'll find many Signers or Framers who were twenty-somethings on July 4, 1776, but you're welcome to try.
I have already destroyed this argument.

Anyone?

no. but it's pretty clear that republicans don't choose to govern.... only obstruct.

everyone is partisan. i doubt we could expect anything different. however, when tip o'neal was speaker, business got done, legislation was passed. problems addressed. since gingrich and his war on america the parties have been unable to work together to get business done.
I've pointed out Harry Reid, but most liberals are not able to admit he is a partisan hack. How many bills did he block?

Anyone?

LOL love the partisan OP bemoaning the partisanship of politics in America bro.

You dipshit.

Anyone?

"Bigoted?"

That confused you, did it sweetie? Marc's a hoot. I've had it with partisan DC, it's those fucking REPUBLICANS. God they are so partisan, I'm sick of it. Why can't they be fair and objective like Democrats are? Why?

Sorry your looks went and you can't earn a living on your back anymore, but on the bright side ... Hm. Sorry, got nothing

I'm referring to the most current and/or most glaring case of it.

We all know both sides do it too.
Obama's policies were a bridge to far for most Republicans ,not his color,was it good for the tax payer not at all.
Both parties are guilty,whos worse depends on the day.Obama wasn't the most humble winner didn't get things off on
a good note.
Trump is a result of Republicans cluster same with Sanders.
What policies exactly? Specifically BEFORE he actually took office.

i dont think he was talking before he took office Marc,more like after in was in and started saying what he wanted to accomplish.....
My entire point was that Republicans were practicing partisanship against Obama before he even took office though.

and democrats dont do the same thing?....

Anyone?

i dont know Jill....i was reading this article in a paper over the weekend that had quite a few Democrats saying Trump picking Newt for his VP would be the smartest thing he would be doing at this point....they all seemed to have lots of respect for the guy......just sayin....

Anyone?

i dont know Jill....i was reading this article in a paper over the weekend that had quite a few Democrats saying Trump picking Newt for his VP would be the smartest thing he would be doing at this point....they all seemed to have lots of respect for the guy......just sayin....

You must be meeting a different kind of democrat. The ones I know he led the witch hunt against Bill Clinton all the while when he was cheating on his wife, served her with divorce papers while she was in the hospital post mastectomy and then married the congressional aid he was fooling around with on his wife. All while running the contract on America.

So I'm sure there are alternative views the dems I know don't see him as much better than trump, only as a better politician.

Anyone?

I've pointed out Harry Reid, but most liberals are not able to admit he is a partisan hack. How many bills did he block?
Probably as many as McConnell.

Grow up. Both sides are engaged in hackery.

Anyone?

You must be meeting a different kind of democrat. The ones I know he led the witch hunt against Bill Clinton all the while when he was cheating on his wife, served her with divorce papers while she was in the hospital post mastectomy and then married the congressional aid he was fooling around with on his wife. All while running the contract on America.

So I'm sure there are alternative views the dems I know don't see him as much better than trump, only as a better politician.
they were guys in congress,they agreed along the lines of what biden was saying the other day....

Forum List

Back