🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How do you feel the standoff in Washington would best resolved?

I would like to start by suggesting the unthinkable.

The debate should not be about whether dems or reps or tea partiers or greens or libs are right in their stances. Rather, it should be about how to take into account all opinions and draw up a middle ground stance that most people can agree with at least a little bit.

I agree.
But first , all of congress and the president receive zero pay until they learn to cooperate with each other.

Can we at least agree that we're spending way too much and need to make cuts?

Can we also agree that the Federal Government by it's very nature is incredibly wasteful and will remain so unless it is forced to change?

Can we also agree that for the millions of Americans who are out of work right now that the number one priority should be growing the economy and creating jobs?

No. We cannot "agree" to lies and theft. SS is not an expense the government can just change at a whim. It is an obligation to those that payed into it with terms that were known to all at the time they started participating. If the government wants to change the format for a replacement of SS that would be something different. They can cut off Americans paying in all together and from the start of that no one gets any SS in their future old age.

BUT everyone that has been paying into the current SS system is owed what they put into it WHEN they have been gauranteed they would recieve it. Anything else is theft and fraud.

If the repubs start stealing some 50 year olds retirements out in the open like you are talking I wouldn't be suprised to see some elected representatives have some "accidents" if ya know what I mean. It's a good thing I am well into the age the pubes wouldn't dare screw with. Why don't you(the pubes) try and steal my hard earned SS you thieving pigs and let's see what happens? I don't plan to live a hell of a long time longer anyway...I'd love to take a few traitorous thieves out with me.

Huggy, they lied to you. You didn't pay into the system. You paid for other people to enjoy the fruits of your labor. They expect you to enjoy the fruits of someone elses labor now and so on and so on until the ponzi scheme collapses.

You've been decieved.

You are obviously double talking to obscure something someone is attempting to steal. That's how fraud works. That's how republicans work. That's how big lies work.

Maybe there are some that will go "oh well, I guess we can't do anything about it".. and shrug their shoulders and tell the kids and grand kids the bad news....

The there are others who don't take being stolen from quite as cordially. No. I don't care to hear any double talk about where my money went and how it was just some pipe dream anyway. What I think I see is a group of very stupid people in front of me. I have seen many like this before but just not so many of them at one time. I know what to do with people like that and I have always profited greatly from the encounters. So be it.
It seems to be going around alot in the last few days ...must be something in the air ...or the water.

Like this evening... around 8 PM a couple of guys tried to break into the other of the two buildings I am guarding.. They looked like republicans to me...they were drunk like Boner..

They left like Boner...drunk and crying when they saw the dog and the MacGeagor BB bat and the look in my eyes and when the dog bared his teeth they needed no more information to break off their intrusion ...away they went ..as "they" always do...at least these two were fortunate to still be upright.

Oh ...Or like the night before last when they(unsubs) broke into the old motel office to set up a drug sales op. I took all their shit yesterday when I inspected the breakin .. confiscated a nice digital scale..a fabulous Sony camcorder...an Android phone and so much other nice stuff...it felt like Christmas :lol: :lol:

Then around midnight they came back and I confronted the one that went into the office through the broken door as he came out with a couple of bags of the stolen and or stuff I didn't keep ...he appeared angry.. Like a republican that just learned he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.. :lol: :lol:

"Mind your own buisness you old asshole"..said the first one I crept up on. He didn't see the 120 lb red nose pit bull I had on the leash in the darkness as I slid up on them.

I said nothing at first as he dove into the white four door late model Crown Victoria.. "If I see YOU assholes again you will be going to jail.." I said as the wheels of their car burned rubber upon exit.

So much for Christmas cheer...

So now it gets me to thinking???..........Hmm...???? Republicans want to steal from me? NOOOoooo... That's not how it works... Not in MY world.

Ah, Huggy? The Government has been stealing out of the SS system for years now. The reason that it's in so much trouble is that they HAVE been raiding the general fund to pay for OTHER things. You never cease to amuse...

I don't care. I am not the forgiving type. Your "amusement" means nothing to me. Pay me what I put in when it is due and we won't have any trouble.

I don't have your money, you dolt...that's been spent by both political parties in Washington. You really are one of the more clueless people on here, Huggy...and that's saying something!

I see...You are one of those "investors" in the repatriation of one of the "Princes" from the Congo. He sent you a ten million dollar check and in good faith you sent him 20 $999 postal money orders.

Obviously you do not know who you are conversing with. That's cool. No worries Sport. I'll take it from here.

No. We cannot "agree" to lies and theft. SS is not an expense the government can just change at a whim. It is an obligation to those that payed into it with terms that were known to all at the time they started participating. If the government wants to change the format for a replacement of SS that would be something different. They can cut off Americans paying in all together and from the start of that no one gets any SS in their future old age.

BUT everyone that has been paying into the current SS system is owed what they put into it WHEN they have been gauranteed they would recieve it. Anything else is theft and fraud.

If the repubs start stealing some 50 year olds retirements out in the open like you are talking I wouldn't be suprised to see some elected representatives have some "accidents" if ya know what I mean. It's a good thing I am well into the age the pubes wouldn't dare screw with. Why don't you(the pubes) try and steal my hard earned SS you thieving pigs and let's see what happens? I don't plan to live a hell of a long time longer anyway...I'd love to take a few traitorous thieves out with me.

Ah, Huggy? The Government has been stealing out of the SS system for years now. The reason that it's in so much trouble is that they HAVE been raiding the general fund to pay for OTHER things. You never cease to amuse...

I don't care. I am not the forgiving type. Your "amusement" means nothing to me. Pay me what I put in when it is due and we won't have any trouble.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Does anyone know the reason the Republican budget plan they pitched cutting spending and getting rid of deductions and loopholes got denied by the Dems? Besides the lack of the tax increase on the wealthy.

The Democrats want political gain from making it appear the Republicans are bad.

Huggy, they lied to you. You didn't pay into the system. You paid for other people to enjoy the fruits of your labor. They expect you to enjoy the fruits of someone elses labor now and so on and so on until the ponzi scheme collapses.

You've been decieved.

You are obviously double talking to obscure something someone is attempting to steal. That's how fraud works. That's how republicans work. That's how big lies work.

Maybe there are some that will go "oh well, I guess we can't do anything about it".. and shrug their shoulders and tell the kids and grand kids the bad news....

The there are others who don't take being stolen from quite as cordially. No. I don't care to hear any double talk about where my money went and how it was just some pipe dream anyway. What I think I see is a group of very stupid people in front of me. I have seen many like this before but just not so many of them at one time. I know what to do with people like that and I have always profited greatly from the encounters. So be it.
It seems to be going around alot in the last few days ...must be something in the air ...or the water.

Like this evening... around 8 PM a couple of guys tried to break into the other of the two buildings I am guarding.. They looked like republicans to me...they were drunk like Boner..

They left like Boner...drunk and crying when they saw the dog and the MacGeagor BB bat and the look in my eyes and when the dog bared his teeth they needed no more information to break off their intrusion ...away they went ..as "they" always do...at least these two were fortunate to still be upright.

Oh ...Or like the night before last when they(unsubs) broke into the old motel office to set up a drug sales op. I took all their shit yesterday when I inspected the breakin .. confiscated a nice digital scale..a fabulous Sony camcorder...an Android phone and so much other nice stuff...it felt like Christmas :lol: :lol:

Then around midnight they came back and I confronted the one that went into the office through the broken door as he came out with a couple of bags of the stolen and or stuff I didn't keep ...he appeared angry.. Like a republican that just learned he wasn't as smart as he thought he was.. :lol: :lol:

"Mind your own buisness you old asshole"..said the first one I crept up on. He didn't see the 120 lb red nose pit bull I had on the leash in the darkness as I slid up on them.

I said nothing at first as he dove into the white four door late model Crown Victoria.. "If I see YOU assholes again you will be going to jail.." I said as the wheels of their car burned rubber upon exit.

So much for Christmas cheer...

So now it gets me to thinking???..........Hmm...???? Republicans want to steal from me? NOOOoooo... That's not how it works... Not in MY world.

Huggy, they already stole it from you. They lied to you. They lead you to believe that your money was safely somewhere awaiting your retirement when they were paying off the generation before you in their ponzi scheme. That's how ponzi schemes work. Problem is you are angry with the people being honest to you about it instead of the people who pulled the wool over your eyes.

I guess being in denial of the truth is better than letting your ego take a hit. But then again, you seem to have the opinion that you can tell a persons political party by sight.

Does anyone know the reason the Republican budget plan they pitched cutting spending and getting rid of deductions and loopholes got denied by the Dems? Besides the lack of the tax increase on the wealthy.

The Democrats want political gain from making it appear the Republicans are bad.

You would think that the Presidency, the Courts, and more representatives in both houses of Congress would be enough political gain to actually accomplish their goals. And yet they aren't focused on policy, they are focused on continuing to divide the people. Which makes me wonder what their political goals really are.

Here is My suggestion.

Stop all spending by Federal Government except Defense, State, and Interior.

Lock box Medicare and Social Security away from the politicans. DO NOT ALLOW THEM ACCESS TO THAT MONEY FOR ANY REASON!

Claymore duels on Boston Commons for all Politicians. Winners are the survivors, those maimed can limp home and take up civilian life.

Claymores?! Sounds fun.
braveheartswordfullmr.jpg

Go ahead and show up to a claymore duel with your sword.... When you hit the dueling ground, all you'll see from me is
US_M18a1_claymore_mine-300x258.jpg

;)

Can we at least agree that we're spending way too much and need to make cuts?

Can we also agree that the Federal Government by it's very nature is incredibly wasteful and will remain so unless it is forced to change?

Can we also agree that for the millions of Americans who are out of work right now that the number one priority should be growing the economy and creating jobs?

That means stimulus, not austerity.

Tell the wingnut Congresscritters.

No

Government spending does not create sustainable jobs

Democracy has some major problems, one is divided government. With both parties having a slice of power, new laws are a compromise and filled with flaws, and may take decades to work out problems that should never been accepted in the new law.
When an urgent problem hits America, each party comes up with a solution, and each solution is a reflection of the party's philosophy not necessarily a good or right solution. The problem is also seen as an opportunity for each party to enact some of the party's unfulfilled dreams. When the failure occurs in the solution both parties spend the next decade playing the blame game.
I say give one party the power and responsiblity for a time to solve a problem so one party is responsible for success or failure and later let the voters act accordingly.
Make someone responsible.

Democracy has some major problems, one is divided government. With both parties having a slice of power, new laws are a compromise and filled with flaws, and may take decades to work out problems that should never been accepted in the new law.
When an urgent problem hits America, each party comes up with a solution, and each solution is a reflection of the party's philosophy not necessarily a good or right solution. The problem is also seen as an opportunity for each party to enact some of the party's unfulfilled dreams. When the failure occurs in the solution both parties spend the next decade playing the blame game.
I say give one party the power and responsiblity for a time to solve a problem so one party is responsible for success or failure and later let the voters act accordingly.

I agree.

I don't have your money, you dolt...that's been spent by both political parties in Washington. You really are one of the more clueless people on here, Huggy...and that's saying something!

I see...You are one of those "investors" in the repatriation of one of the "Princes" from the Congo. He sent you a ten million dollar check and in good faith you sent him 20 $999 postal money orders.

Obviously you do not know who you are conversing with. That's cool. No worries Sport. I'll take it from here.

Obviously I'm conversing with someone who's so uninformed that they didn't KNOW that Congress has been spending our SS money on other things for DECADES now which is why there isn't money to pay for all the Baby Boomers that are now retiring. Now run along and pet your dog and play with your bat, Huggy...there are "smart" people here trying to have a discussion about how to fix things that are WAY to complicated for you to comprehend. :)

Ah, Regent? The Democrats had super majorities "for a time" and what we got out of it was the Obama Stimulus...which could be used as a blue print on how to waste nearly a trillion dollars...and ObamaCare...which is probably the worst written piece of legislation in the country's history, doesn't cut healthcare costs and adds a massive unfunded entitlement at a time when we were running out of money to pay for the entitlements we already had.

We don't need to "make someone responsible"...we need to elect someone who's competent. Oh, that's right...we just had another chance to do just that but instead we sent the same idiot back to the Oval Office that demonstrated that he doesn't have a clue how to fix the economy.

Obviously I'm conversing with someone who's so uninformed that they didn't KNOW that Congress has been spending our SS money on other things for DECADES now which is why there isn't money to pay for all the Baby Boomers that are now retiring. Now run along and pet your dog and play with your bat, Huggy...there are "smart" people here trying to have a discussion about how to fix things that are WAY to complicated for you to comprehend. :)

You are the idiot...idiot. They have been BORROWING against SS. That money is not gone. It wasn't invested in derivatives you fucking dolt.

Your babbling and lying must have a purpose but I'm not sure what it is. If I believed your lying I would already have Ryan's head on a stake in my front yard.

You are the idiot...idiot. They have been BORROWING against SS. That money is not gone. It wasn't invested in derivatives you fucking dolt.

Your babbling and lying must have a purpose but I'm not sure what it is. If I believed your lying I would already have Ryan's head on a stake in my front yard.

The money isn't gone? How can it NOT be gone when they spent it...you "fucking dolt"! What we have now is an IOU for that money. You're showing yourself to be as ignorant about Social Security as you are about most things, Huggy. We have an IOU from a bunch of folks that are running trillion dollar a year deficits! But you still think the money is "there"? Like I said, Huggy...you never cease to amuse...

Last edited:
The fact is...they spent all the money we sent them as tax revenue. So they stole money from the Social Security general fund to keep on spending on even more government programs...giving us worthless IOU's in return. How do you think they're going to pay that money back when they don't have enough to fund the day to day costs of the government? Come on Huggy...wake the fuck up!!! Your government stole from you and you were too stupid to even know it happened!

The Democrats do have the power and the responsibility. They are blaming Republicans for their problems.

I've got a better idea though. How about we take care of our own responsibilities and encourage others to do the same? Rather than expect the government to take care of us, we take care of ourselves. And if we see a family member in need, we take care of them. And if everyone in our family is alright, we take care of the people in our churches and communities.

Let the people be the solution. Not the government. Not the parties. We need to get the paradign shift.

How would the division of the nation best be resolved and why does compromise not seem like an option?

I would like to start by suggesting the unthinkable. Raise taxes install a minimum tax rate percentage of let's say 30% as Warren Buffet suggested, lower spending, lessen regulation on trade, put pressure on China and other market-share abusers, drill a little more, etc. Do things that would raise revenues and cut expenses regardless of party. Instead of taking firm stands against the other side and having the other side do the same, why not moderately do what both sides are suggesting and in some cases literally find a middle ground?

The debate should not be about whether dems or reps or tea partiers or greens or libs are right in their stances. Rather, it should be about how to take into account all opinions and draw up a middle ground stance that most people can agree with at least a little bit.

That all sounds great. But the answer was right in front of us back in November. But American's voted to keep the status quo. GOP still owns the Hous and Dems still own the Senate and White House. Very little changed happened as all the main players are still there. Likewise, no one should be surprised with the gridlock in DC now.

The most efficient form of government is a totalitarian one. The problem with giving one party the power and responsibility for a time is that the time never ends. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The voters are never given the chance to act accordingly.

The fact is...they spent all the money we sent them as tax revenue. So they stole money from the Social Security general fund to keep on spending on even more government programs...giving us worthless IOU's in return. How do you think they're going to pay that money back when they don't have enough to fund the day to day costs of the government? Come on Huggy...wake the fuck up!!! Your government stole from you and you were too stupid to even know it happened!

Ya ...OK ...whatever. I think you two are full of shit but I won't whip this dead horse. I'm probably not the only guy in the world that has worked collections. I DO know how to recover money when there is no nice option.

I am not going to follow the economic gymnastics that closely. I'll just go by whether or not they make good on my agreed SS payments.

Getting mad here is stupid. Talking tough here is stupid. You in the peanut gallery just enjoy thinking someone else is at risk either way. Seriously I don't care if you get what you pay/payed for or not any more than you give a rat's ass if I get mine. As far as I know and believe there are no "victims" in DC. They can be as stupid with YOUR money as they want and YOU allow. Like I said... I'll get mine.

Forum List

Back