How do you fell about a Space Force?

Do you support a Space Force

• Yes, of course the Military-Industrial Complex needs it

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • No, we have many more needs than another boondoggle.

Votes: 14 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess in Aldrin's case, after waiting decades for the nation to pay some attention to the cosmos, you take what you can get from the nation, eh?

Other than vague rhetoric and coming up with some snazzy logos and uniforms, I don’t see the Trump people coming up with any explanation of what a Space Force is supposed to do
Iraq has WMD's and Mexico is paying for a border wall!

As you know, Iraq HAD WMD's and there are six years remaining for the Trump administration to arrange a method by which Mexico will pay for the wall.

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

Mike Pence calls for Space Force by 2020 - CNNPolitics

The President Wants a Space Force. He Might Get One.

Pence said ^^^ in his speech, asking for $8 billion to build out the idea.

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

oops, how do you FEEL, my boo boo.
Very Johnny Quest of Race Banyon.

Congress is going to let Space Force die an unspectacular death

Nobody has set a pressing need for a new agency

People laughed when President Ronald Reagan proposed "Star Wars". Rockets which would intercept missiles in mid-air. It has worked very well and become a great deterrent.

Pence details plan for creation of Space Force in what would be the sixth branch of the military

It's seven years behind schedule and $163 billion over budget, or as the man in charge of the F-35 told us, "basically the program ran itself off the rails." [Chris Bogdan: Good morning.]

8 billion dollars could could go a long way to help poverty in America. But that Space Force sure would look catchy and impressive. Only problem is that there are no borders in space. Do any of us need China's or Russia's "space force" hovering over our heads? Trump better worry about fixing our infrastructure and building the wall and other promises first, before succumbing to any military wet-dream fantasies.

To boldly go where no one has gone before . . . rock on . . .

But seriously, more extensive space exploration will happen sooner or later. I find the idea of sooner thrilling.

May the Schwartz be with you [emoji868]!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just another notion to buttfuck the taxpayer, further enrich Lockheed Martin and keep those campaign coffers filled.

How do you propose that we defend all our spy, weather, navigation, and other satellites that control our grid system?
Neither Russia or China are threatening to take a war into space

You don't follow the news much do you?

We spend $500B and we can't defend our satellites with that much money?

If that is true...I'm not sure spending another $100B is going to help.

One time I tripped up the stairs. 11 - 12. Grew 7 inches taller that year. My boo boo hurt.

Considering we have to bum rides from the Russians to get OUR Space Station, might be a good plan. That Space Station could be turned into the celestial equivalent of an AWACS battlefield control station by the Russians and Chinese and there would be NOTHING we could do about it.

It would also be the type of "focused" R&D expenditure that gave us GPS and satellite mapping. I LIKE that kind of R&D instead of 1000s of papers that we get from unfocused "science funding"....

More rightwing idiocy and warmongering, a failed attempt by the Trump WH to deflect from the failed disaster that is this 'administration' – yet another example of why Republicans are unfit to govern.
Neither Russia or China are threatening to take a war into space
Stop being such an ignoramus.

China and Russia are planning to take down US satellites, Air Force general warns | Daily Mail Online

Probably now after this discussion goes opposite the way the OP intended for a dozen pages, someone should post a less SNARKY poll on what members think about the question with a simple Yes/No.. :rolleyes:

There has been an Air Force Space Command since women were wearing shoulder pads and Wham! was still making albums.

It makes sense to be able to protect America's multi-billion dollar space infrastructure from attack.

Such defensive systems would undoubtedly be remotely operated and most people wouldn't even know they existed.

I have the same opinion now that I had when 43 took away Nasa funding and I got balsted by Bush supporters -

I would rather be first in the space program than last.

Now Trump wants to spend $ on space programs RW hypocrites show up in full force - theres the rub with me.

I have the same opinion now that I had when 43 took away Nasa funding and I got balsted by Bush supporters -

I would rather be first in the space program than last.

Now Trump wants to spend $ on space programs RW hypocrites show up in full force - theres the rub with me.

Cool space fighters and lightsabers.

Not 'Greenpeace' in space.

It's a great idea, time to make the Death Star great again...

The problem of course is that Nasa can't even get a man/woman into space without asking the Russians nicely but that's just a minor detail

:coffee:

It's a great idea, time to make the Death Star great again...

The problem of course is that Nasa can't even get a man/woman into space without asking the Russians nicely but that's just a minor detail

:coffee:

Unfortunately, this won't involve any men or women going into space. It will be ground-based and remotely piloted defensive platforms for the protection of existing space infrastructure.

Forum List

Back