Zone1 How does one figure out what in the Old Testament to keep, what to throw out?

And? YOU MUST BE AN ORTHODOX JEW that practices ALL THE LAW OF MOSES. You offer burnt offerings to the Royal Priesthood of Levites, You circumcise all your male infants on the 8th day...etc., If not why not? Why cherry pick parts of the law to follow? Christ is the "ending of THE LAW." -- Romans 10:4 Read James 2:10

Jesus fulfilled THE LAW "...........Having abolished in His flesh (sacrifice on the cross) the enmity, That is the Law of Commandments contained in ordinances." -- Phil. 2. Enmity: Hostile. The Old Law is Hostile to all gentile nations as it was specific to Israel only. (Deut. 5:1-3)

FYI: there is not one example of anyone worshiping on the 7th day (Sabbath).......before the Law of Moses.....Sabbath Worship was specific for Biblical Israel only. And no man can judge any Christian in food, drink or SABBATH -- Col 2:16

Christians worship on the 1st day of the week (Sunday)....they gather to break bread (communion in remembrance of Jesus Christ until He returns) -- Acts 20:7, 1 Cor. 16:1-2 The Christian Sabbath (Rest) comes after this race called life is finished...its a permanent rest.

None of the law was removed until Jesus Fulfilled the requirements of the Law....not one iota nor tittle was removed until Jesus breathed His last breath and declared, "It is finished....." -- John 19:30. Everything was ACCOMPLISHED/FINISHED. "I have finished the work thou gavest Me to do." -- John 17:4

English Dictonary: Accomplished: Successfuly COMPLETED.

Jesus stated that the law would last until it was fulfilled. "..........I have not come to abolish them but to FULFILL them." -- Matthew 5:17. Now read from another Gospel account......Jesus declared that only by FULFILLING THE OLD LAW.....The law had served its purpose it was but temporary (Jer. 31:31-34) and ".......everything written about Me (in the Old Law....prophecy) in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Ps. must be fulfilled." -- Luke 24:44

All Scripture both Old and New are inspired of God -- 2 Tim. 3:16 In order to declare that parts of the Old Law are still in effect contradicts other scriptures......from the same author, God, God is not the author of confusion -- 1 Cor. 14:33 God never contradicts His own word.

The Old Law was specific to ONE NATION ONLY, as was Sabbath worship ..........Biblical Israel, it was not intended for any Gentile nation -- Deut. 5:1-3, 5:12-15

What happens when you attempt to justify yourself under the Old Law? You have fallen away from the Grace provided by Christ's sacrificial cross. -- Gal. 5:4

Why? Because the old law offered no solution for the remission of sin. -- Romans 3:20.

If you attempt to justify just one part of the Old Law, "If you follow the Law all but even one, you are guilty of ALL...." -- James 2:10

No need to get frustrated, I'm explaining it as I understand it. (14 years of Catholic School, weekly masses growing up and I have studied the Bible and its books more than anything else in my life.)

Matthew 5​

That Which Defiles​

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.[d] If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

As you can see, Jesus Christ clarified the Law as he understood it, through divine revelation from God The Father and The Holy Spirit. The Jewish religion at the time had become divisive from within. The Pharisees were one sect who believed in the Miracles of the Old Testament, Angels and the super natural, after life, etc. The Sadducees, on the other hand, did not. Both of them seemed to over emphasize physical cleanliness over almost anything else. By that time, the last major prophet had been gone for hundreds of years but the religious leaders added hundreds of other rules and laws that were not spoken by the prophets. This lead to confusion, which led some Jewish people to detach themselves from God/religion and follow other idols, etc.

Jesus came in and placed a focus on loving God with all your heart, mind and soul and loving your neighbor as yourself. This does not mean that Jesus said to ignore the Old Testament. Quite the opposite. Jesus spoke in parables, even when referencing the Old Testament.

When he stated "Father and Mother" to the Pharisee's, he was likely referencing the Old Testament. He was telling them that he had a clear interpretation of the Old Testament and that it would "Honor Father and Mother" (God, the law and the prophets) and help the religious community by bringing people closer to God.

The leaders at the time saw how well he interpreted the Law but the Pharisees and Elders did not accept it since they had become very engrained in their ways and teachings. (Hence the reason Jesus called them hypocrites since they knew he could help but were willing to "nullify" the idea that Jesus could bring people closer to God, solely for the sake of their tradition.

Jesus' issues were with the Church leaders at the time, not with the teachings of the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 5

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

When is everything accomplished?

Matthew 24

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.

Last edited:
No need to get frustrated, I'm explaining it as I understand it. (14 years of Catholic School, weekly masses growing up and I have studied the Bible and its books more than anything else in my life.)

Matthew 5​

That Which Defiles​

15 Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, 2 “Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don’t wash their hands before they eat!”

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’[a] and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’[b] 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

8 “‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
9 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’[c]”
10 Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 11 What goes into someone’s mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them.”

12 Then the disciples came to him and asked, “Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?”

13 He replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14 Leave them; they are blind guides.[d] If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”

15 Peter said, “Explain the parable to us.”

16 “Are you still so dull?” Jesus asked them. 17 “Don’t you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18 But the things that come out of a person’s mouth come from the heart, and these defile them. 19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts—murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20 These are what defile a person; but eating with unwashed hands does not defile them.”

As you can see, Jesus Christ clarified the Law as he understood it, through divine revelation from God The Father and The Holy Spirit. The Jewish religion at the time had become divisive from within. The Pharisees were one sect who believed in the Miracles of the Old Testament, Angels and the super natural, after life, etc. The Sadducees, on the other hand, did not. Both of them seemed to over emphasize physical cleanliness over almost anything else. By that time, the last major prophet had been gone for hundreds of years but the religious leaders added hundreds of other rules and laws that were not spoken by the prophets. This lead to confusion, which led some Jewish people to detach themselves from God/religion and follow other idols, etc.

Jesus came in and placed a focus on loving God with all your heart, mind and soul and loving your neighbor as yourself. This does not mean that Jesus said to ignore the Old Testament. Quite the opposite. Jesus spoke in parables, even when referencing the Old Testament.

When he stated "Father and Mother" to the Pharisee's, he was likely referencing the Old Testament. He was telling them that he had a clear interpretation of the Old Testament and that it would "Honor Father and Mother" (God, the law and the prophets) and help the religious community by bringing people closer to God.

The leaders at the time saw how well he interpreted the Law but the Pharisees and Elders did not accept it since they had become very engrained in their ways and teachings. (Hence the reason Jesus called them hypocrites since they knew he could help but were willing to "nullify" the idea that Jesus could bring people closer to God, solely for the sake of their tradition.

Jesus' issues were with the Church leaders at the time, not with the teachings of the Law and the Prophets.

Matthew 5

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

When is everything accomplished?

Matthew 24

36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,[f] but only the Father.
Jesus stated that He has ACCOMPLISHED all the work assigned to Him by the Father -- John 17:4

Matthew 24:36? Has nothing to do with Jesus' mission while on earth......Jesus is stating that Only God knows when the final judgment will come.

I did present a passage of scripture that contained 24.....Luke 24:44 ......detailing that Jesus accomplished fulfilling the Old Law and the Prophets, and Pslams that declared that Jesus is the Messiah of Prophecy.

Most people are ignorant of the fact that Matthew 24 contains 3 answers to questions asked by Christ's disciples.
1. When will these things happen? 2. What will be the sign of Your Coming/return? 3. What will be the sign of the end of the age?

Jesus had already warned His disciples the Destruction of Jerusalem would be soon......even in that very 1st century generation. (Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:34) There would be many antichrists pretending to represent Jesus Christ...false christs.

The times leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem would be unusual Jesus stated. This destruction would not come until the Gospel was preaced to the world (Matt. 24:14) Paul stated this happened (Col. 1:23).......as the known world of the 21st century is not the same as in the 1st century........the Western Hemisphere was not discovered at that time. Matthew 24:36 forward is answering the disciples question.......When would Jesus Return.......and what would be signs of final judgment.

Last edited:
[Anything in the Hebrew Scripture written against Homosexuality was written by ONE ignorant Jew who did not know or care to understand Homosexuality anymore than people before him or after him.

Homosexuality exists amongst the wild animals. At least 400 species have been observed practicing this.

Humans deciding what is and what is not which ends harming other humans should be let be.

Ignorance must be put aside whenever proof that what some humans said in a book turned out not to be true.]
-------------

Currently, homosexual behavior has been documented in over 450 different animal species worldwide. For instance, observations indicate that Humboldt, King, Gentoo, and Adélie penguins of the same sex engage in “mating rituals like entwining their necks and vocalizing to one another.” In addition, male giraffes have also been observed engaging in homosexual behavior by rubbing their necks against each others’ bodies while ignoring the females. Yet another example is lizards of the genus Teiidae, which can copulate with both male and female mates.

Biologists Nathan W. Bailey and Marlene Zuk from the University of California, Riverside, have investigated the evolutionary consequences and implications of same-sex behavior, and their findings demonstrate benefits to what seems to be an evolutionary paradox. For example, their studies of the Laysan albatross show that female-female pairing can increase fitness by taking advantage of the excess of females and shortage of males in the population and provide superior care for offspring. Moreover, same-sex pairing in many species actually alleviates the likelihood of divorce and curtails the pressure on the opposite sex by allowing members to exhibit more flexibility to form partnerships, which in turn strengthens social bonds and reduces competition. Thus, not only do animals exhibit homosexuality, but the existence of this behavior is quite prevalent and may also confer certain evolutionary advantages.

^^ So this Jew was just lecturing Christians about not knowing the OT, then you go and rant how the OT is wrong about homosexuality.

Holy freakin clown world, Batman!

But that is modern day Judaism for ya, pick and choose whatever you like. You don’t need God’s laws, you can make up whatever rules you want. :laughing0301:

I mean, did you not learn anything from Adam and Eve? Or let me guess, you believe it was really “Adam and Steve”?

Well, this is why Christ (one reason Christ) founded a Church

He knew human nature better than anyone

and so he knew people would be confused about His New Way.. knew there would have to be priests and bishops and etc... to show the people what the Scriptures mean, especially when they are incomprehensible, as a lot of the OT is..

So while Leviticus 20 says to give capital punishment to practicing homosexuals...

well... we've obviously thrown that out. But sometimes I wonder... Who told anyone to throw it out?

It's hard figuring out what to do with some of the things in the OT... when the Original Church is basically invisible today... (The Vatican being stolen in 1958)

:(
The first rule is to not listen to modern day so-called Jews.

They are so far from the Jews of 2000 years ago, who at the time had already lost their way and had become hypocrites.

Except that JC did not say it. Paul was not there when JC said it. JC had died long before Paul went to Jerusalem.

And all that JC said, being the Jewish human being he was, was taught to him from the Hebrew Scripture. Because that is what Jews did back then.

They read and learned from their Hebrew Scripture.

JC said absolutely nothing original which had not already been written or said by another Jews born before him.

Jesus did not write anything because he had nothing original to write. Paul and others who wrote the gospel quoted everything they read from the Hebrew Scripture and attributed it all to JC.

Facts

You seem to be forgetting Paul was a Jew who persecuted Christians, then encountered risen Jesus Christ and converted.

DO not forget the Inquisition, the endless Indigenous people forced to become Christians, including Africans brought to the New World
Yes, it’s called saving their souls. Those “indigenous peoples” loved their human sacrifice including killing babies. Although I am sure that is a sore topic for you, since you probably love abortion.

You are an idiot. I do not have to look at gays, Jews, Black, Asians, anyone, to know that they have rights and should not be persecuted because some empty brained nobodies think they own the world and what is right or wrong.
What “rights” do they not have?

Yes, it’s called saving their souls. Those “indigenous peoples” loved their human sacrifice including killing babies. Although I am sure that is a sore topic for you, since you probably love abortion.
[Right. Savages telling others, whom they are conquering, that they are savages.]

Part 1

Of course, I couldn’t possibly talk about every terrible event that would qualify to be in this episode — every grisly act, every theological splitting of hairs that led to those acts. The truth is I didn’t even set out to make this episode. Just in reading books that involved religion, I kept coming across example after example of Christian sadism — either fantasies of human suffering or the deliberate infliction of pain caused by Christian belief. And though this isn’t normally the sort of thing I talk about, I eventually had enough compelling to want to talk about it.

Christianity has quite a relationship with torture. The primary symbol of the religion is a torture device. God’s chosen method of providing salvation was gruesome public torture. And hell has been an object of obsession for Christian artists, writers, and church fathers since the beginning. As the religious scholar Karen King puts it, there are “torturous narratives at Christianity’s foundations.” Fascination with torture, though not unique to Christianity by any means, has been a part of the religion since the beginning and the practice thereof has permeated Christian history. Maybe the powerlessness of early Christians fanned these flames; maybe it was inherited from the brutal practices of the Roman empire; maybe it’s just a part of human nature that arises naturally in certain circumstances, and has only recently been suppressed in our civilization. My only point is that for whatever reason, torture has always been in the DNA of Christianity. You can’t talk about Christianity without talking about it’s long and romantic relationship with torture.

Even at the time of it’s birth in the Roman Empire, early Christians were disturbing Pagan intellectuals like Celsus, who observed that Christians “invent a number of terrifying incentives. Above all, they have concocted an absolutely offensive doctrine of everlasting punishments and rewards, exceeding anything the philosophers . . . could have imagined.”

In the second century, Christian texts began to feature accounts of the afterlife, including, in great detail, the torments of hell. The agony of those tortured was comprehensively illustrated, as New Testament historian Bart Ehrman puts it, with “barely concealed voyeuristic glee.”

The Roman historian Ramsay MacMullen has called these Christian accounts “the only sadistic literature I am aware of in the ancient world.”

In a text called the Apocalypse of Peter, Jesus shows the disciple Peter the terrors of hell. Blasphemers are hanged by their tongues, adulterers are suspended by their genitals, doubters have their eyes continually burned out with red-hot irons, abortionists are buried in excrement up to their necks, idol worshipers are recurringly chased off of cliffs, and slaves who disobeyed their masters chew out their own tongues eternally.

You might remember some of these documents I’m referencing from the Spread of Christianity episode; as I said, I collected most of this without looking for it. I just have one more you may have heard that I want to share, which is the third-century Christian apologist Tertullian, who wrote, “What sight shall wake my wonder, what my laughter, my joy and exultation? …[T]he magistrates who persecuted the name of Jesus, liquefying in fiercer flames than they kindled in their rage against Christians. Those sages, too, the philosophers blushing before their disciples as they blaze together.”

The sadistic impulses of Christians weren’t limited to non-Christians, of course, but extended to heretics. A literal reading of the Old Testament not only permits the killing of heretics, but requires that they to be put to death, as is commanded in Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Throughout the New Testament, heretics are condemned to hell and in the cases of NT books that were originally letters, the recipients are repeatedly warned about being lead astray by “false teachers” and “false prophets” (usually because the author of the letter was competing with several other early Christian teachers).

Part 2

Capital punishment for heresy was the mainstream interpretation of scripture for the majority of Christians and Christian authorities, and this is well-documented by the Catholic Church itself. That’s why no one even bothers to deny that this was the case and that it was the case for explicitly religious reasons — the church is the source of the information. They kept pretty good records of what the authorities decreed and of the various proceedings that shed light on the theological reasoning behind it. That’s something that eventually became a problem for the Catholic Church — they’ve been around for a very long time and they created a paper trail.

The last known heretic to be killed by the Catholic Church was in 1826. Catholics and Protestants killed each other as heretics, and both killed Jews as heretics. Ever since Jesus was rejected by the Jews and especially since the Gospel of John, Jews have been singled out by Christians and persecuted the second Christians had any political power. Church fathers saw Judaism as a deviation from Christianity, and all deviations from Christianity were heresies. In Antioch, heretics were sometimes referred to as having “Jewish minds,” and the early Christian apologist Tertullian said, “From the Jew the heretic has accepted guidance in this discussion that Jesus was not the Christ.”

During the centuries-long Christian domination of Europe, skilled torturers used methods and devices to prolong the life of the prisoner as much as possible while inflicting the greatest agony. People were literally sawed in half, either across the body or along body length. Heads were crushed between two metal plates that closed like a vise. The handle of the vise was cranked, crushing the skull and facial bones. If the torture stopped before death, the victim would suffer permanent facial disfigurement. Torturers also crushed victims’ knees, ripped off women’s breasts, and systematically broke bones to prolong the torture for days. Another one of these disturbing methods was rat torture. Prisoners were tied down with starving rodents placed on their bare skin over their stomach. A metal container was placed over the rat, trapping it. The metal container was then gradually heated until the rodents began to claw and eat their way out through the stomach of the restrained victim.

(full article online)

Jesus did not found Chritanity.

Paul of Tarsus started Christianity decades after Jesus died.

Paul was born 10-1 years BC and had died around 64 AD. He did not found the Christian religion - he was one of the first Christians. For him it was important to gave "Greeks" (=inhabitants of the Roman empire where the lingua Franka had been Greek and not Latin) better possibilities to find the way in the belief in god.

That's why he asked the first council in Jerusalem under the first pope Peter whether it makes really sense whether heathens who like to become Christians should follow first laws which made not a big sense for them and for the Christian religion (=the Christian rebound in god).

So this change into a world religion for everyone was made from the first council where he had been also a very important member. They decided he was right with his ideas to tear down senseless burdens for heathens who like to become Christians.

He was supported with all of his ideas from Pope Peter, the leader of this council (today we would say "conference"). This had happend in the year 48 AD. What's about 15 years after the death of Jesus and not decades later how you said.

Homosexual wild animals. There are plenty of them.

Such classifications make not a big sense in case of animals. Animals have normally only a very short period in a year where they are sexually active. This sexual activity is in the centre of reproduction and care of the brood. For reproduction it needs a heterosexual structure of love. For care of the brood it needs normally an "asexual" structure of love - a feeling and genetic behavior of "responsibility" for the brood and also often "tenderness" and "affection" between partners for their binding.

The big difference to human beings: Human beings are continuously sexually active. Animals who would be so would die out - but human beings are able to control their sexual behavior in a much better way. If human beings lose this control then this causes often a terrible disaster.

Last edited:
Except that JC did not say it. Paul was not there when JC said it. JC had died long before Paul went to Jerusalem.

And all that JC said, being the Jewish human being he was, was taught to him from the Hebrew Scripture. Because that is what Jews did back then.

They read and learned from their Hebrew Scripture.

JC said absolutely nothing original which had not already been written or said by another Jews born before him.

Did you ever pray? Did god tell you anything what you did not know before? In the moment you understand you know it "since ever" and you often don't understand your problem any longer - and you often also "forget" your desperation as if it never had existed.

Last edited:
Jesus did not write anything ...

... hmmm ... He wrote or did draw with his fingers something into the sand - so I guess he made some calculations. ... But I do not think it needs the ability to be able to write for to be a spiritual human being and to understand the Christ. A loveful language of the heart is what it needs to understand him.

No, it led to Paul, borrowing and stealing everything from the Hebrew Scripture ...

You are really strange. Jesus was a Jew. His parents Mary and Joseph and all his friends had been Jews. Paul was a Jew ... and a Roman. What is your problem? That Pontius Pilate was no Jew but a Roman? Since the early third or fourth century even all Jews became Romans too. ... How is someone able to steal what is his own? ...

Last edited:
Jesus stated that He has ACCOMPLISHED all the work assigned to Him by the Father -- John 17:4

Matthew 24:36? Has nothing to do with Jesus' mission while on earth......Jesus is stating that Only God knows when the final judgment will come.

I did present a passage of scripture that contained 24.....Luke 24:44 ......detailing that Jesus accomplished fulfilling the Old Law and the Prophets, and Pslams that declared that Jesus is the Messiah of Prophecy.

Most people are ignorant of the fact that Matthew 24 contains 3 answers to questions asked by Christ's disciples.
1. When will these things happen? 2. What will be the sign of Your Coming/return? 3. What will be the sign of the end of the age?

Jesus had already warned His disciples the Destruction of Jerusalem would be soon......even in that very 1st century generation. (Matthew 23:36, Matthew 24:34) There would be many antichrists pretending to represent Jesus Christ...false christs.

The times leading up to the destruction of Jerusalem would be unusual Jesus stated. This destruction would not come until the Gospel was preaced to the world (Matt. 24:14) Paul stated this happened (Col. 1:23).......as the known world of the 21st century is not the same as in the 1st century........the Western Hemisphere was not discovered at that time. Matthew 24:36 forward is answering the disciples question.......When would Jesus Return.......and what would be signs of final judgment.

Good insights. That said, there is no reason to remove any of the books of the Bible. If you are comfortable in your faith, you can choose not to read them. But for many others, those books are a solid foundation to the faith.

The New Testament (as a literary source) would not be complete without previously understanding Genesis, The Law and the books of the Prophets.

The last known heretic to be killed by the Catholic Church was in 1826. ...

So in the first 1000-1200 years no heretics was killed from the Catholic church and about since 200 years no heretics was killed. Who was he? Why was he killed? Who did do so?

Last edited:
You seem to be forgetting Paul was a Jew who persecuted Christians, then encountered risen Jesus Christ and converted.

He persecuted Jews - he did not understand that this Jewish separatists had been an own religion (an own rebound in god). When he understood this because god showed him his blindness he changed completelly his life.

Some called him Saul others Paul, that's all.
You are really strange. Jesus was a Jew. His parents Mary and Joseph and all his friends had been Jews. Paul was a Jew ... and a Roman. What is your problem? That Pontius Pilate was no Jew but a Roman? Since the early third or fourth century even all Jews became Romans too. ... How is someone able to steal what is his own? ...
Wonderful posts based on one's understanding of Christianity, learned from childhood.

Nothing to do with what actually happened since you, and so many others, will never spend any time doing actual research and much less reading the Hebrew Scriptures in Hebrew to understand that in the First Century some people used what was used in those Scriptures in order to create a new ideology, a new religion.

Saul was a Jew who abandoned Judaism and spent many years hunting down Jews for his new Roman employers.

Christianity started with his letters, to his followers. Paul did not want people to think he started Christianity, he gave all accolades to Jesus. Paul is the one who said that Jesus was a demigod, born of a god and a female woman. An idea which is purely pagan and did not exist in Judaism at all.

"Doctrinally, in Catholic churches, the pope is regarded as the successor of St. Peter, who was head of the Apostles."

No, there were no popes in the 1st Century, and actually the ones who did follow Jesus in his sect never approved of Paul changing Judaism as much as he did in order to attract people to his ideas, so they would follow him.

But PLEASE, forget all I wrote above since you are not ever going to research any of it, and understand how neither Jesus nor his own sect followers, would never have gone into the Roman Empire and spread things which were clearly not part of Judaism.

Why?

1) It was not Judaism
2). There is no proselytizing in Judaism. There never has been, there isn't to this day.

Have a happy Christian life.

Forum List

Back