How does President Trump compare to President Reagan?

Reagan had reasonable coverage in the media but he was shot anyway. The media has a confrontational relationship with Trump and so far they only shot a republican congressman.

I'm not sold yet that Trump knows what he's doing.

Concerning his latest unilateral move towards Canada over trade we have this from back in May:

Unilateral executive withdrawal would amount to the president creating new law by himself. Nafta became operative when Congress passed implementing legislation in 1993. Nowhere in the 1993 law, or in any other relevant statute, has Congress delegated to the president authority to terminate a free-trade agreement. A president can no more repeal Nafta than he can repeal ObamaCare or create a new Nafta without Congress's approval.

ICYMI: Senator Toomey op-ed on Nafta in the Wall Street Journal | Pat Toomey | U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania

Last edited:
Reagan held back....Trump doesn't. I love that. Reagan tried to compromise and in the process he gave the democrats EVERYTHING they wanted...Trump won't.

I'm not sold yet that Trump knows what he's doing.

Concerning his latest unilateral move towards Canada over trade we have this from back in May:

Unilateral executive withdrawal would amount to the president creating new law by himself. Nafta became operative when Congress passed implementing legislation in 1993. Nowhere in the 1993 law, or in any other relevant statute, has Congress delegated to the president authority to terminate a free-trade agreement. A president can no more repeal Nafta than he can repeal ObamaCare or create a new Nafta without Congress's approval.

ICYMI: Senator Toomey op-ed on Nafta in the Wall Street Journal | Pat Toomey | U.S. Senator for Pennsylvania

If not because of President Donald Trump, are all these good things that are happening from sheer luck?

Forum List

Back