How does the 2nd amendment apply to weaponized drones?

I know people who have to know how and the components to make it so there's always that.
Sure, but it is not legal.
Unfortunately there can be a crazy citizen that gets their hands on a nuke. But it is not legal.
I think it could happen some day.
Will the NRA fight for his right to possess arms; a nuke?

Sure, but it is not legal.
Unfortunately there can be a crazy citizen that gets their hands on a nuke. But it is not legal.
I think it could happen some day.
Will the NRA fight for his right to possess arms; a nuke?
It doesn't matter when the time comes.

How does the 2nd amendment apply to weaponized drones?
The Second Amendment right is neither ‘unlimited’ nor ‘absolute.’ It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose, such as weaponized drones.

The Second Amendment right is neither ‘unlimited’ nor ‘absolute.’ It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose, such as weaponized drones.
The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infridged. So is the 13th unlimited and absolute?

Why do you think that the government could enforce a ban on weaponized drones any better then they have enforced their ban on felons possessing firearms, for example?

If my drone is legal, and my Derringer is legal, why should be suddenly illegal if I attach my derringer to my drone?

Why do you think that the government could enforce a ban on weaponized drones any better then they have enforced their ban on felons possessing firearms, for example?

If my drone is legal, and my Derringer is legal, why should be suddenly illegal if I attach my derringer to my drone?
Because the FAA can regulate the air traffic.

How does the 2nd amendment apply to weaponized drones? Weaponized drones are one of the most effective "arms" in the world.

Is the NRA going to allow the government to restrict weaponized drones? A weaponized drone is not a "rifle' but if you are going to protect the 2nd amendment how can you allow one of the most effective "arms" to be restricted?
Armed aircraft are already illegal.

Not at all.
The right is the right to own a weapon. As long as you have A weapon, then your right has been fulfilled. If you have a gun, they can limit other things.
Correct.

For example, one has the right to possess a handgun, which is within the scope of the Second Amendment; an armed drone, not.

How does the 2nd amendment apply to weaponized drones? Weaponized drones are one of the most effective "arms" in the world.

Is the NRA going to allow the government to restrict weaponized drones? A weaponized drone is not a "rifle' but if you are going to protect the 2nd amendment how can you allow one of the most effective "arms" to be restricted?
Just an invented fantasy.
It'll be handled like an automobile [ever hear of a car bomb?,a jeep with a machine gun? combat pick up trucks with rocket launchers on the back? very destructive] all drones could or will be required to be licensed like an automobile, equipping them with weapons will be like equipping your car with weapons...
...did you think this was a valid argument or did you get it from the media? [who never has to explain their position] either way it shows desperation in an attempt to get around the constitution.

Armed aircraft are already illegal.
Is that not infringing on the 2nd amendment. Armed aircraft are arms. The purpose of the 2nd amendment was for state militias and citizens to be able to stand up to a rogue government with equal arms. More important than a rogue US government was for state militias and citizens to be armed with all arms to fight an attacking nation. The revolution was won with armed militias and citizens not a US Army.
If a rogue US government or an invading foreign army we would be toast without equal arms, not equal guns.

Just an invented fantasy.
It'll be handled like an automobile [ever hear of a car bomb?,a jeep with a machine gun? combat pick up trucks with rocket launchers on the back? very destructive] all drones could or will be required to be licensed like an automobile, equipping them with weapons will be like equipping your car with weapons...
...did you think this was a valid argument or did you get it from the media? [who never has to explain their position] either way it shows desperation in an attempt to get around the constitution.
just for you
Is that not infringing on the 2nd amendment. Armed aircraft are arms. The purpose of the 2nd amendment was for state militias and citizens to be able to stand up to a rogue government with equal arms. More important than a rogue US government was for state militias and citizens to be armed with all arms to fight an attacking nation. The revolution was won with armed militias and citizens not a US Army.
If a rogue US government or an invading foreign army we would be toast without equal arms, not equal guns.

just for you
This seems to completely avoid my response...a drone is no different than an automobile [or an airplane or a helicopter] it is no different than owning a boat or ship all of which do not require 2A protections.

This seems to completely avoid my response...a drone is no different than an automobile [or an airplane or a helicopter] it is no different than owning a boat or ship all of which do not require 2A protections.
I agree. But if you weaponize any of the mentioned other laws apply. Buy a drone and try and put a Hell Fire missile on it. A drone is not "arms" but a hell fire missile is.
My point is that people say the rights of the 2nd amendment cannot be infringed. A Hell Fire missile is arms. The 2nd amendment should protect Hell Fire missiles. The 2nd amendment has been infringed by the government not allowing more "arms" than they allow. It is the way it should be with the arms of the 21st century.

My point is that people say the rights of the 2nd amendment cannot be infringed. A Hell Fire missile is arms.
What weapons constitute 'arms" as the term is used in the 2nd, and what weapons do not?
How do you know?

Forum List

Back