How Evil is Libertarianism anyway?

In all honesty, I have never even heard the name "Nick Jonas" before.

Well now we know you're not a 14 year old girl.
The jury is still out on that about Synthaholic though.... :lmao:
Oh, come one. Seriously. If we are going to argue in favor of limited government, individualism, tolerance, peace, and free markets, it doesn't serve our purposes to personally attack those that haven't yet seen the light.

Sure it does. They are immune to logic and facts. Ridicule is the only thing they understand. Furthermore, it's their favorite weapon.
Maybe. I am not in favor of personal attacks, and I try to avoid them, but I can't condemn you for your choice.

Oh, come one. Seriously. If we are going to argue in favor of limited government, individualism, tolerance, peace, and free markets, it doesn't serve our purposes to personally attack those that haven't yet seen the light.
That was a joke in reference to the other poster referring to him as "she". Geez....lighten up and laugh a little libertarian. That was a perfect, timely joke!

Sure it does. They are immune to logic and facts. Ridicule is the only thing they understand. Furthermore, it's their favorite weapon.
Maybe. I am not in favor of personal attacks, and I try to avoid them, but I can't condemn you for your choice.

Their mentor, Saul Alinsky, recommended personal attacks against the opposition. Few people can stand up to it. One reason freedom has been losing ground is the fact that most of its defenders disdain using the tactics that the enemy uses against us.

Saul Alinksy:

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)

Syndi doesn't have the balls to back up her crap. That's why she's Syndi

Synthaholic is a guy.
He knows. He thinks insults are a substitute for facts.

BTW: two more entertainers have cancelled their concerts in North Carolina.

Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas are the latest to cancel North Carolina shows
North Carolinians are so damn lucky. They not only get sane laws built on logic and reason, but they also keep miserable idiot liberals who will only bring illegal narcotics and crime with them, out of their state. Man I hope my state follows suit soon.

In all honesty, I have never even heard the name "Nick Jonas" before. How much could they possibly be missing? And I don't know anybody who will be crying over the loss of a shaved headed, tattoo-covered Demi Lavato. Let them head back to California and over dose on cocaine like all of the rest of the idiots in the entertainment world do.
You forgot to yell at them to get off your lawn.

That concert and the other ones that have been cancelled generate a lot of money that now will not go to North Carolina.

Add it all up, between concerts and corporations and NC is going to be hurting.
You might want to double-check your sources there chief. They have one of the largest tech sectors in the world. A division of IBM is down there. A division of Cisco is down there. If I'm not mistaking, one of Apple's largest Data Centers is down there. And then there is education and research - North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest. And the sports? NASCAR. NFL. NBA. And the college sports from the major universities I named (not to mention the smaller ones). Fuhgedaboutit. You desperately want to dance but nobody will have any idea that those no name "entertainers" cancelled. Nobody. North Carolina is busy solving cancer. They don't need dope-filled concerts.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Their mentor, Saul Alinsky, recommended personal attacks against the opposition. Few people can stand up to it. One reason freedom has been losing ground is the fact that most of its defenders disdain using the tactics that the enemy uses against us.

Saul Alinksy:

RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude, rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 12: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions. (This is cruel, but very effective. Direct, personalized criticism and ridicule works.)
You are used to Rule #5

You are used to Rule #5

So you're arguing against limited government, individualism, tolerance, peace, and free markets.

So what's your pitch?

I support the right sized government as determined by...We the People

Everyone supports individualism, tolerance. peace, free markets, motherhood and apple pie

Actually, Congress has a very limited set of legislative powers, unless/until we the people amend the constitution.

You really support free markets? You support the right of a business owner to decide with whom he will or won't do business?

Syndi doesn't have the balls to back up her crap. That's why she's Syndi

Synthaholic is a guy.

North Carolinians are so damn lucky. They not only get sane laws built on logic and reason, but they also keep miserable idiot liberals who will only bring illegal narcotics and crime with them, out of their state. Man I hope my state follows suit soon.

In all honesty, I have never even heard the name "Nick Jonas" before. How much could they possibly be missing? And I don't know anybody who will be crying over the loss of a shaved headed, tattoo-covered Demi Lavato. Let them head back to California and over dose on cocaine like all of the rest of the idiots in the entertainment world do.

That concert and the other ones that have been cancelled generate a lot of money that now will not go to North Carolina.

You might want to double-check your sources there chief. They have one of the largest tech sectors in the world. A division of IBM is down there. A division of Cisco is down there. If I'm not mistaking, one of Apple's largest Data Centers is down there. And then there is education and research - North Carolina, Duke, Wake Forest. And the sports? NASCAR. NFL. NBA. And the college sports from the major universities I named (not to mention the smaller ones). Fuhgedaboutit. You desperately want to dance but nobody will have any idea that those no name "entertainers" cancelled. Nobody. North Carolina is busy solving cancer. They don't need dope-filled concerts.
North Carolina will repeal this law. The boycotts will spread until they do. Top professionals will go elsewhere. High school graduates will choose to go to other universities. It's inevitable.

You are used to Rule #5

So you're arguing against limited government, individualism, tolerance, peace, and free markets.

So what's your pitch?

Everyone supports individualism, tolerance. peace, free markets, motherhood and apple pie

Actually, Congress has a very limited set of legislative powers, unless/until we the people amend the constitution.

You really support free markets? You support the right of a business owner to decide with whom he will or won't do business?
Obviously, they don't
The breadth of Congressional powers has been established for centuries

Free markets cannot exist without government

Saul Alinksy:

You are used to Rule #5

That's the liberal substitute for facts and logic. So, yeah, I'm used to it. Every honest intelligent person is.

You are used to Rule #5

So what's your pitch?

That's the same as saying the majority is always right, and that idea is clearly wrong.

North Carolina will repeal this law. The boycotts will spread until they do. Top professionals will go elsewhere. High school graduates will choose to go to other universities. It's inevitable.
You've made outrageous "predictions" like this before and they never come true. Nostradamus you are not.

Professionals are the one's who support the North Carolina law. It's filthy, stoned, unemployable liberals of Occupy Wall Street that are "boycotting" it.

Here are the people who support your view....
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

And here are the people who support logic, reason, and decency...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Now who do you think is going to win this war?

You are used to Rule #5

So what's your pitch?

That's the same as saying the majority is always right, and that idea is clearly wrong.

A majority elects the representatives.....that is how a Republic works

If you believe you are right, use the interweb to convince the majority

Obviously, they don't

Art I, section 8. Not a lot of powers enumerated in there.

Have fun trying to prove that claim.

But anyway, do you really support free markets? You support the right of a business owner to decide with whom he will or won't do business?

Obviously, they don't

Art I, section 8. Not a lot of powers enumerated in there.

Have fun trying to prove that claim.

But anyway, do you really support free markets? You support the right of a business owner to decide with whom he will or won't do business?
Free markets rely on government to:

Maintain a monetary system
Maintain a court system
Protect patents
Provide security at home and abroad
Protect overseas markets
Provide infrastructure to optimize trade

Free markets would not exist without government

Free markets rely on government to:

Maintain a monetary system
Maintain a court system
Protect patents
Provide security at home and abroad
Protect overseas markets
Provide infrastructure to optimize trade

Free markets would not exist without government

Have fun trying to prove that only the state can provide those services.

Forum List

Back