How have the leftists that yell "QUID PRO QUO" against Trump reacted to biden bragging about it?

Where was the opposition to these Obama policies addressing Ukraine Corruption, you know, when they happened? The reality is they had bipartisan support.

Our bipartisan foreign policy has always been for the good of the nation and not one party or the other. Using the bipartisan foreign aid against one of the parties will hinder our foreign policy agenda.

Putin Smiles.

Lefties, any comment on this obvious quid pro quo between BIDEN AND UKRAINE?

It was a good move. We have been trying to get Ukraine to clean up their act for a long time. Shokin was standing in the way of reforming Ukraine’s broken justice system.

It was a good move. We have been trying to get Ukraine to clean up their act for a long time. Shokin was standing in the way of reforming Ukraine’s broken justice system.

So Joe had a quid pro quo for firing a corrupt prosecutor.

Trump should be able to hold back some aid while he determines if there is still corruption.

Trump should be able to hold back some aid while he determines if there is still corruption.

Trump doesn’t care if Ukraine is corrupt. He only cares that he injures Biden. Forcing a baseless investigation into your political opponents is itself corrupt.

Trump doesn’t care if Ukraine is corrupt. He only cares that he injures Biden. Forcing a baseless investigation into your political opponents is itself corrupt.

You think Biden is going to win the primary?

He is performing rather poorly in the debates.

Doesn’t matter. He’s obviously a front runner for the nomination.

So you feel Trump delayed the $400 million to get dirt on Biden to hurt Biden for the 2020 election?

Ukraine got the $400 million and there was no investigation into Biden.

So maybe what you are saying is that Trump TRIED to do this, but was not successful?

So you feel Trump delayed the $400 million to get dirt on Biden to hurt Biden for the 2020 election?

So maybe what you are saying is that Trump TRIED to do this, but was not successful?

Yes, Trump tried to do this but was unsuccessful. It makes it no less corrupt.

I am just trying to figure out where you are coming from.

Didn’t he willingly release the $400 million? It’s not like he tried to rob a bank but was stopped in the parking lot by a guard.

Didn’t he willingly release the $400 million? It’s not like he tried to rob a bank but was stopped in the parking lot by a guard.

Unclear how exactly the money was released.

Aid was held. Ukraine was asked to do his political errand. It’s corrupt.

Is that what the transcript said?

I didn’t think he asked Ukraine to investigate Biden for else they wouldn’t get $400m.

(Just as an aside, I appreciated the respectful discourse. It’s somewhat uncommon on this board)

I didn’t think he asked Ukraine to investigate Biden for else they wouldn’t get $400m.

As we learned, this story goes far beyond the phone call. He’d been pestering Ukraine for months for these investigations, by himself and through his cronies. Then the aid was held up.

Is anyone going to wonder whether these two things are connected? It’s not credible to suggest they aren’t.

As we learned, this story goes far beyond the phone call. He’d been pestering Ukraine for months for these investigations, by himself and through his cronies. Then the aid was held up.

Is anyone going to wonder whether these two things are connected? It’s not credible to suggest they aren’t.

Pestering Ukraine to clean up their corruption before we give them $400 million of my money and your money?

Pestering Ukraine to clean up their corruption before we give them $400 million of my money and your money?

“Clean up corruption” is quite a charitable way of framing what Trump was asking. It’s pretty clear the only “corruption” he was interested in was in reference to the Bidens. That’s just a little too convenient. Wouldn’t you say?

He was pestering them into a public announcement of an investigation into the DNC and the Bidens, which was of great personal interest, at the expense of our bipartisan foreign policy goals.

Fighting fire with fire, I mean corruption with more corruption.

“Clean up corruption” is quite a charitable way of framing what Trump was asking. It’s pretty clear the only “corruption” he was interested in was in reference to the Bidens. That’s just a little too convenient. Wouldn’t you say?

I thought Trump supported the incoming President of Ukraine who ran on trying to reduce corruption in Ukraine and the guy said he respected how Trump won as an outsider and they had dialogue.

I didn’t think Trumps interest in Ukraine just came out of the blue in order to damage Biden.

Now, what if it turns out the Joe and Hunter’s deal WAS corrupt?

Seems to me the voters have a right to know if Biden was corrupt not only involving Ukraine but also with China. TRUMP did the country a service.

I thought Trump supported the incoming President of Ukraine who ran on trying to reduce corruption in Ukraine and the guy said he respected how Trump won as an outsider and they had dialogue.

I didn’t think Trumps interest in Ukraine just came out of the blue in order to damage Biden.

Now, what if it turns out the Joe and Hunter’s deal WAS corrupt?

Trump didn’t support the new Ukrainian president until after the election and then only in the context of supporting him to get what he wanted. The president of Ukraine was coached ahead of time that Trump is very much a day trader, meaning a personal connection is as important if not more important than anything else. World leaders like to flatter Trump, not out of respect but because it works to get what they want.

Im quite sure that Trump’s concern about corruption in Ukraine is just about Biden. He’s never brougut it up before and out of all possible cases of corruption, he decides to just pick the one that so happens to involve Joe Biden. Sorry, but that’s too much of a coincidence to brush off.

If Trump wanted to investigate whether Biden acted inappropriately, he wouldn’t be doing what he did. He would have our government investigate it. This is what the DoJ and IG are for. He doesn’t need Ukraine to do it.

Plus, there are two big signals that this was all political. First, he made his personal lawyer and someone who has campaigned for Trump extensively, the centerpiece of looking into this. Trump wanted someone only loyal to him, outside government, intimately involved. Second, Trump wanted the investigation made public. That’s not necessary unless you’re using it to damage Biden.

And of course all of that is if we even decide it’s okay for the president to direct any investigation into his political opponent at all under any circumstances. If Obama has been caught ordering investigations into Trump, it would have been a problem.

Forum List

Back