How is Jesus the Messiah?

Hey ding, how many of these did he fulfill?
TN your assertion is that he didn't meet the requirements so you have to tell me which ones he didn't.

Your OP. Your argument. What is it?

Some people claim that the messiah was supposed to rebuild the Temple based on a stupid interpretation of a prophecy that states that the messiah will restore the "sanctuary of God" which is about the promised "divine providence" for the righteous application of the law, not a gilded slaughterhouse made by human hands....

It all boils down to the fact that irrational messianic expectations went unfulfilled by Jesus who appeared during a time when the Temple was already standing restored, making his messianic claims seem like a mental illness.

Consequently, the way in which he did fulfill the prophecy about restoring the sanctuary of God still eludes them.

All animals becoming herbivores.

You will be waiting for such a thing to happen for as long as Christians will wait for Jesus to float down from the sky.

talk about irrational....lol
You believe this world is the result of the Calvary?

Thats an irrational strike two..
You believe the Bible describes this world in a metaphysical manner yet you do not believe in God.

TN your assertion is that he didn't meet the requirements so you have to tell me which ones he didn't.

Some people claim that the messiah was supposed to rebuild the Temple based on a stupid interpretation of a prophecy that states that the messiah will restore the "sanctuary of God" which is about the promised "divine providence" for the righteous application of the law, not a gilded slaughterhouse made by human hands....

It all boils down to the fact that irrational messianic expectations went unfulfilled by Jesus who appeared during a time when the Temple was already standing restored, making his messianic claims seem like a mental illness.

Consequently, the way in which he did fulfill the prophecy about restoring the sanctuary of God still eludes them.
Of course...in a manner in which only you know of.

Now you’re being disingenuous as not even one of these prophecies came about.
You’re making an art of self-deception.
No. I am not being dishonest. If I were being dishonest I would have done what TN did. Make an accusation without proving any basis for the accusation.

I have not responded to his argument because he has made no argument.

Indeed there was a time when I was the only person on earth who did, but that was a very long time ago....

Understanding the teachings of Jesus comes easier to those who already profess a belief in him.....

It really isn't that difficult. Sanctuary of God = Divine Providence.

Jesus restored the sanctuary of God in the midst of the people by teaching and demonstrating the only right way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life in the divine presence and sanctuary of God.

Until you begin to actually conform to the law in the way that Jesus taught and refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, you will not begin to recover from the sleep of the dead.

No. I am not being dishonest. If I were being dishonest I would have done what TN did. Make an accusation without proving any basis for the accusation.

You’ve just made a complete fool of yourself.

Indeed there was a time when I was the only person on earth who did, but that was a very long time ago....

Understanding the teachings of Jesus comes easier to those who already profess a belief in him.....

Jesus restored the sanctuary of God in the midst of the people by teaching and demonstrating the only right way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life.

Until you begin to actually conform to the law in the way that Jesus taught and refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, you will not begin to recover from the sleep of the dead.
You’re not nearly as entertaining as Buffy, The Vampire Slayer.

I am in THE MOOOD >>>>>.....about which your know, zero.
Ding seems clueless when it comes to his Scripture.
I'll let you know when the opinion of a blind and self righteous Jew matters to me, brother.
TN just posted what you asked for and you respond with mental illness.
Ding tried to make this complicated because he has nothing else.
He used to be more logical; as of late he has been irrational.
The only point I have made is that the OP claims there are requirements and that Jesus did not meet those requirements and has failed to list the requirements that were not met.

Which post # should I look at to see what I missed?

You’ve just made a complete fool of yourself.
How so?

I mean like a comprehensive list of the ones the OP believes were not met.

Is that too much to ask for? The basis for belief? Seems like it should already exist since he has published his belief.

How many standards are you willing to lower?
Drink some coffee, go to Wikipedia and look it up.
Lord, man, are you basing your eternity on something you know zero about?

I am in THE MOOOD >>>>>.....about which your know, zero.
Ding seems clueless when it comes to his Scripture.
I'll let you know when the opinion of a blind and self righteous Jew matters to me, brother.
TN just posted what you asked for and you respond with mental illness.
No. He didn't. He posted a list of the prophecies and asked me to prove the ones he did fulfill.

Jesus restored the sanctuary of God in the midst of the people by teaching and demonstrating the only right way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that fulfills the promise of eternal life.

You’re not nearly as entertaining as Buffy, The Vampire Slayer.

Maybe so but you are way more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Don't take it too hard if you continue to fail to understand whats going on.

It is written that at the resurrection the dead in Christ will be the first to rise...

So while you are patiently waiting for someone to come and build a temple, all animals to become herbivores, war to end and and death to cease, droves of people from all religions and walks of life are entering the kingdom of God before you..

How could any honest person look at that list of prophecies and not be like "TN you are right"
How is that even possible?
Then it shouldn't be too hard to go on record telling which requirements he didn't meet, right?

That is your position, right?
OMG you little prick
All the Nation leaders didnt look to him
The whole world doesnt worship the abrahamic god
Evil and tyranny stood before his leadership
All israelites didnt return to their kingdom
death is "alive and well"
hunger and illness is "alive and well"
the dead didnt rise
the jewish people havent experienced eternal joy
the nations havent recognized their wrongs against israel
the world didnt turn to jews
ruined cities of israel havent been restored
weapons of war havent been destroyed
The messianic age did NOT happen which was the main prophecy. Or so i have heard :D
You speak only based upon your own carnal biases and precepts as do many others when it comes to their carnal precepts of what has and has not been filled prophetically. God is a spirit and that passes right over the heads of non believers and those who lack faith. That is just the way it is so you and many others remain blind, deaf and dumb. That doesn't mean it will always be that away but for the moment that is where you are.

How could any honest person look at that list of prophecies and not be like "TN you are right"
Then it shouldn't be too hard to go on record telling which requirements he didn't meet, right?

OMG you little prick
the dead didnt rise
The messianic age did NOT happen which was the main prophecy. Or so i have heard :D
You speak only based upon your own carnal biases and precepts as do many others when it comes to their carnal precepts of what has and has not been filled prophetically. God is a spirit and that passes right over the heads of non believers and those who lack faith. That is just the way it is so you and many others remain blind, deaf and dumb. That doesn't mean it will always be that away but for the moment that is where you are.
That has nothing to do with jesus not being the messiah.

Because he died knowing full well that he'd be a king in paradise right afterwards. The ultimate sacrifice.

Say what? That's no sacrifice at all.

If you told me I would be a king in paradise after I killed myself guess what I would do? I'd gladly kill myself. So Jesus didn't sacrifice anything really.

Sorry but this story of him killing himself for me/us doesn't make any sense at all.

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”

OMG you little prick
the dead didnt rise
That has nothing to do with jesus not being the messiah.
Messiah, aka messenger, aka a being who stepped out from the place humans know or think they know as a heavenly location somewhere in the universe and manifested into being a normal everyday human yet full of the spirit of God. Does that cover your expectations of the Messiah?

Because he died knowing full well that he'd be a king in paradise right afterwards. The ultimate sacrifice.

If you told me I would be a king in paradise after I killed myself guess what I would do? I'd gladly kill myself. So Jesus didn't sacrifice anything really.

Sorry but this story of him killing himself for me/us doesn't make any sense at all.

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.”
You have confused superstitious church dogma with what is actually written.

Why don't you try and read it for yourself and see if you can come up with something more rational...

Why don't you try and read it for yourself and see if you can come up with something more rational...

Have you read the koran and book of mormons yet?

yes.

yes.

What did you get out of them?

Forum List

Back