How is Jesus the Messiah?

I'm not trying to establish theology here. I'm just trying to establish what the Jewish expectation was for the Messiah. As near as I can tell David was promised that one of his descendants would be it and that it was his belief that they would be King of the Jews like David. Right?
And, as was proven here, Jesus was not a legal descendant of king David and of course he never was a king.

PS it is not entirely clear to me that THE MESSIAH----according to jewish thought-----IS GOING TO
BE THE KING anyone?
At least in orthodox Judaism.

MISHNEH TORAH
Laws Concerning Kings
Chapter XI

The Messianic King will arise in the future and restore the Davidic Kingdom to its former state and original sovereignty.

Laws Concerning Kings and the Messiah

that's the opinion of R' Moshe ben Maimon. you believe him?

Can someone explain this to me?
As far as i can tell, he didnt meet the requirements. Obviously lol..
So how?
What requirements didn't he meet?
Some people claim that the messiah was supposed to rebuild the Temple based on a stupid interpretation of a prophecy that states that the messiah will restore the "sanctuary of God" which is about the promised "divine providence" for the righteous application of the law, not a gilded slaughterhouse made by human hands....

It all boils down to the fact that irrational messianic expectations went unfulfilled by Jesus who appeared during a time when the Temple was already standing restored, making his messianic claims seem like a mental illness.

Consequently, the way in which he did fulfill the prophecy about restoring the sanctuary of God still eludes them.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching christians take a jewish prophecy and tell them they have it wrong :lol:
According to them, the prophecy is unfulfilled. For 2400 years.

Is this lost on you? Or do you plan on using it to attack Jews later?
Its THEIR prophecy. Who the fuck are you guys? You cant just say a guy fulfilled the prophecy when he didnt fulfill the prophecy and say the people for who the prophecy belongs to got it wrong.
My gawd man, that is the ultimate dishonesty.

I enjoy watching christians take a jewish prophecy and tell them they have it wrong :lol:

Its THEIR prophecy. Who the fuck are you guys? You cant just say a guy fulfilled the prophecy when he didnt fulfill the prophecy and say the people for who the prophecy belongs to got it wrong.
Which prophecy didn't he fulfill?

You are the OP, right? It is the basis for the OP and you have yet to say.

Seems like a hit piece to me given that you can't name jack shit.

A devout Christian is incapable of seeing reality in terms of whether or not Jesus effectuated the prophecies; you’re not going to get anywhere with this discussion.

A devout Christian is incapable of seeing reality in terms of whether or not Jesus effectuated the prophecies; you’re not going to get anywhere with this discussion.
It might help if he at least said which prophecies were not met and why he believes that.

But sure, absent that this is going no where because the basis for his belief is no where.

Do you even logic?

I'm not trying to establish theology here. I'm just trying to establish what the Jewish expectation was for the Messiah. As near as I can tell David was promised that one of his descendants would be it and that it was his belief that they would be King of the Jews like David. Right?
And, as was proven here, Jesus was not a legal descendant of king David and of course he never was a king.

PS it is not entirely clear to me that THE MESSIAH----according to jewish thought-----IS GOING TO
BE THE KING anyone?

MISHNEH TORAH
Laws Concerning Kings
Chapter XI

The Messianic King will arise in the future and restore the Davidic Kingdom to its former state and original sovereignty.

Moses ben Maimon aka Maimonides formulated 613 commandments in Judaism..

It might help if he at least said which prophecies were not met and why he believes that.

But sure, absent that this is going no where because the basis for his belief is no where.

Do you even logic?
You mean like Global Peace?
All animals becoming herbivores.
Don’t play ignorant.
Post Jesus has been everything not stated in any of the prophets.

BE THE KING anyone?

MISHNEH TORAH
Laws Concerning Kings
Chapter XI

sorta. Mishneh torah<<< I believe it was his Opus Magnus. A comprehensive exegesis
on the whole "five books" . He may have been the first to COUNT UP 613 ?? I D K

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

the lamb lies down with the lion? KINKY!!!!!!!

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.
I mean like a comprehensive list of the ones the OP believes were not met.

Is that too much to ask for? The basis for belief? Seems like it should already exist since he has published his belief.

How many standards are you willing to lower?

BE THE KING anyone?

MISHNEH TORAH
Laws Concerning Kings
Chapter XI

sorta. Mishneh torah<<< I believe it was his Opus Magnus. A comprehensive exegesis
on the whole "five books" . He may have been the first to COUNT UP 613 ?? I D K
The 613 concept is from the Talmud.

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

That is only when Jews team up with militant atheists. Like back in WWII.

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

Is that too much to ask for? The basis for belief? Seems like it should already exist since he has published his belief.

Drink some coffee, go to Wikipedia and look it up.
Lord, man, are you basing your eternity on something you know zero about?

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

I am in THE MOOOD >>>>>.....about which your know, zero.

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

I am in THE MOOOD >>>>>.....about which your know, zero.
Ding seems clueless when it comes to his Scripture.

Do you even logic?
Don’t play ignorant.

That is only when Jews team up with militant atheists. Like back in WWII.

Interesting example

I have stated multiple times

Hey ding, how many of these did he fulfill?

I have stated multiple times
It’s call Cognitive Dissonance.

Forum List

Back