How many democrats own guns?

[

The ancient Greek Hesiod said there should be moderation in all things, and Aristotle agreed.

I agree with Aristotle.

Extremists are a plague -- extremists from both extremes.

I hate the far right as well as the far left.

The men that established the Constitutional Republic in this country and the right to keep and bear arms were considered extremists by the King of England, weren't they?

It is not an extreme position to advocate that we adhere to the Constitutional declaration that due to the security of a free state the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is an extreme position to advocate that the Constitutional right be infringed like we are seeing in many Libtard controlled areas of the US and that is despicable.
Ginsburg the Communist Jew on the SCOTUS unfortunately does not agree with you on that.

Yeah, you could bring back slavery if the conditions were met. What is your point? Are you that hostile to keeping the conversation within the realm of the real world?

You're actually making my point. You're fearmongering by suggesting the 2nd Amendment is about to be repealed.
Personally I do not believe the 2nd Amendment is safe. Most people (a majority) view it as outdated.

I asked you for a plausible scenario where 2/3rds of Congress votes to repeal the 2nd amendment. If you can't even envision a plausible scenario,

then you can't make an argument that the 2nd Amendment isn't safe.

And that's before you get to state ratification. Not to mention state constitutions also having their own state-level versions of the 2nd.
Those issue are too complex to guess about or just ass-u-me. I told you never to assume.

But to give you a reply to make you happy being replied to, as Johnny Depp would say in Pirates Of The Caribbean, for the sake of replying, my reply is this ...

With gun ownership getting smaller and smaller, some day I can easily foresee a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, sure.

They repealed the right to drink liquor, wine, and beer once. How stupid was that ?!

You assume it can happen. Tell yourself never to assume.
You assume it can't happen

Since no one can create a plausible scenario FOR it to happen, my assumption is the most reasonable one.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have to be repealed in order for guns to be outright banned, or effectively banned.
That is the point conveniently being ignored

All that has to be done is to get the Supreme Court to reverse the decision that upheld the second as an individual right.

If that can't be done the movement to ban particular guns will be expanded to encompass more and more weapons

I don't think the gun control nuts ignore it. I think they either don't understand how as few as FIVE Justices can do the very same thing as repealing it by interpreting it differently and/or they don't care if it happens that way.

Yes I should have stated that differently.

They steer the conversation away from the fact that all that needs to be done to effectively ban guns is to reverse the Heller decision.

Instead they talk about repealing the second which is by design extremely difficult

NYCarbineer is still whining that no one has provided a plausible scenario about 2/3 of Congress then the States will go about repealing the 2nd. Maybe he's just too fucking stupid to grasp that such a process isn't how it will happen.

I was talking to a poster who thinks it could easily happen. Learn to read.
I did explain to you why it could happen. If you I/Q is really low however you won't get it.

Perhaps, but at least we can defend our position without lies.

Bullshit!

The Left is full of lies.

How honest is it to declare that the NRA is a terrorist organization or that making it close to impossible for law abiding citizens to own firearms and then declaring that it is supporting the Constitution?

The standard bearer of the filthy ass extreme Left Democrat Party is considered by 70% of American to be dishonest or somewhat dishonest so if you believe that that the Left is not full of lies then you are in the minority.

You read that wrong. I'm a conservative. We conservatives can defend our position on guns without lies. You are absolutely correct about the gun grabbers. All they have, and I do mean 100% of what they have is a lie.

If I read it wrong I apologize. I am trying to hurry with the post because it is time to leave for church.

BBL

Personally I do not believe the 2nd Amendment is safe. Most people (a majority) view it as outdated.

I asked you for a plausible scenario where 2/3rds of Congress votes to repeal the 2nd amendment. If you can't even envision a plausible scenario,

And that's before you get to state ratification. Not to mention state constitutions also having their own state-level versions of the 2nd.
Those issue are too complex to guess about or just ass-u-me. I told you never to assume.

But to give you a reply to make you happy being replied to, as Johnny Depp would say in Pirates Of The Caribbean, for the sake of replying, my reply is this ...

With gun ownership getting smaller and smaller, some day I can easily foresee a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, sure.

They repealed the right to drink liquor, wine, and beer once. How stupid was that ?!

Since no one can create a plausible scenario FOR it to happen, my assumption is the most reasonable one.
Jeeze ... never ass-u-me ... what part of that do you not get ??

Bullshit!

How honest is it to declare that the NRA is a terrorist organization or that making it close to impossible for law abiding citizens to own firearms and then declaring that it is supporting the Constitution?

The standard bearer of the filthy ass extreme Left Democrat Party is considered by 70% of American to be dishonest or somewhat dishonest so if you believe that that the Left is not full of lies then you are in the minority.

You read that wrong. I'm a conservative. We conservatives can defend our position on guns without lies. You are absolutely correct about the gun grabbers. All they have, and I do mean 100% of what they have is a lie.

If I read it wrong I apologize. I am trying to hurry with the post because it is time to leave for church.

BBL
God's Grace be with you.

You assume yet you tell other not to assume

typical

[

Yeah, you could bring back slavery if the conditions were met. What is your point? Are you that hostile to keeping the conversation within the realm of the real world?
To bring back slavery, you would need to amend a whole bunch of the Constitutional amendments.

In the process Negros would be rioting and burning cities to the ground.

There are only 10% of them but that is enough to destroy the whole Nation.

This is why it is important NOT to piss off all the Negroes at once.

Right now they are pissed off about cops shooting them.

So some of them have started shooting cops.

Last edited:

You're actually making my point. You're fearmongering by suggesting the 2nd Amendment is about to be repealed.

It is an undeniable fact that there are two possibilities and that one of them is that it can happen.

Don't be a dick head dumb azz.

You're assuming it can happen.

[

To bring back slavery, you would need to amend a whole bunch of the Constitutional amendments.

Yes, but by your own standards, it's a possibility.

typical

I was told not to assume. You have it backwards as usual.

typical

I was told not to assume. You have it backwards as usual.

And I quote

"You assume it can happen. Tell yourself never to assume."

So your assumptions are "reasonable" yet you tell others they should not assume

typical

Last edited:
[

Yes, but by your own standards, it's a possibility.
Whether something is a possibility or not is a matter of fact.

Has nothing to do with assumption.

It is an undeniable fact that there are two possibilities and that one of them is that it can happen.

Don't be a dick head dumb azz.

You're assuming it can happen.
It is a fact that it can happen.

Are you saying that violence is irrelevant? Violence is the reason they are able to get gun control laws passed.

If anyone and everyone can get a gun, where is this hated gun control?

And yea, violence plays a part. Guns are inherently violent. That's the fucking purpose. To initiate a violent act or discourage or stop a violent act.

What fucking purpose do you think guns have? A paperweight?

Now you have drifted WAAY off track. Stop editing and shortening the conversation. Just use the full quote. That makes it easier to stay on track. You are off.

I was referring to the fact that you will never get the votes to repeal the 2nd Amendment. And you won't.

The only votes that matter are the 9 on the Supreme Court. When it comes to an amendment or anything in the Constitution, what the document says doesn't come close to being as important as what as few as FIVE of that nine BELIEVES it says.

There are lots of things not specifically in the Constitution that the SCOTUS has said are there through their interpretations. Not one word in the 2nd Amendment would have to change even a letter for the MEANING to change based on what FIVE say.

I don't believe you'd ever get the votes to repeal the 2nd amendment according to the procedure outline in Article V of the Constitution. However, you don't have to as long as FIVE people on the Court choose to interpret the same way as an Article V generated amendment would do it. As long as the Court is willing practice judicial activism, you may never see another amendment. All FIVE of them have to do is think it says something different than what's actually written.
With 33% of households being gun owning and 66% being non gun owning, you cannot be sure that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment is impossible.

If the gun ownership increased then maybe you could feel more safe.

But right now a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would be very close.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have to be repealed in order for guns to be outright banned, or effectively banned.
That is the point conveniently being ignored

All that has to be done is to get the Supreme Court to reverse the decision that upheld the second as an individual right.

If that can't be done the movement to ban particular guns will be expanded to encompass more and more weapons

I don't think the gun control nuts ignore it. I think they either don't understand how as few as FIVE Justices can do the very same thing as repealing it by interpreting it differently and/or they don't care if it happens that way.

Some understand, but ignore facts.
Some understand, but lie.
Some aren't capable of understanding.

That describes 100% of the anti-gunners.

Bullshit!

I think with the Brady's now dead and good riddance, gun grabbing is dead too.

But assault weapons have become public enemy #1 in many people's eyes since they have been used by numerous wacko's to kill a lot of people at once. And a lot of people seem to be terrified about assault weapons.

I am not worried about it.

I believe everyone should be required to own their own assault rifle and pistol and be regularly trained and retrained how to use them -- same law as the Swiss have over there.

1. Gun grabbing is alive and in full attack mode.
2. No assault weapons have been used in any of the attacks you are referring to.
3. We are not Switzerland, and never can be.

I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda

then why do you fund them by being a member
Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown
You are definately not one of the brighter candles in the box....
Go back to school and learn how to make an arguement. Empty statements with no explanation, justification, or rationale, only make you look stupid

There is no way that the only gun owners in this country are republicans. There is just to many guns being sold right now for that to be true so I wonder how many democrats feel comfortable with strict gun laws? Some of these laws are so tough that it makes it impossible to even buy one in some states (California). Do you feel comfortable with that and/or do you feel comfortable with a complete gun ban that many other 'liberals' want. I myself own a lot of guns and was able to get them with little ease (background check). I really didn't like the background check but it appears that most polls seem to think this is OK. I'm wondering how many of you secretly wish you didn't have to go through the hassle of a background check?
I live in California, don't really subscribe to a political party but my views are mostly liberal with a touch of conservatism when it comes to government spending... I own 14 guns and don't have a problem with most the gun control measures that have been proposed. Got no need for semi auto assault riffles or high capacity mags. Wouldn't be thrilled about registration or bg checking a private sale but I'm not going to cry about it either.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda, I get the letters and laugh most the time. The Left is just as full of shit with their propaganda and they are a bit misguided with their control efforts in my opinion.

You are sadly naïve. You have yours so you aren't concerned with how hard it is for anyone else. Naïve and apathetic.
How hard is it? You get a back ground check and buy a gun. My buddy owns a gun shop in California and can't keep his shelves stocked.

The NRA which I'm a member of is pretty full of shit with their propaganda

then why do you fund them by being a member
Honest answer is I inherited my guns and wanted to do the responsible thing, I like the insurance perks from the NRA but am having a hard time with the propaganda that I mentioned. While I appreciate the fight for preserving the second amendment, I dont like the distortion and manipulation of the facts. I'm most likely going to cancel my membership

What distortion of the facts?......please list them.....
The simple implication embedded in most of their messages that the evil Left is trying to take away our right to own guns and abolish the second amendment. Its completely overblown
You are definately not one of the brighter candles in the box....
Go back to school and learn how to make an arguement. Empty statements with no explanation, justification, or rationale, only make you look stupid
Put more quarters in your on-line degree machine.....:lol:

Forum List

Back