How many democrats own guns?

Perhaps, but at least we can defend our position without lies.

Bullshit!

The Left is full of lies.

How honest is it to declare that the NRA is a terrorist organization or that making it close to impossible for law abiding citizens to own firearms and then declaring that it is supporting the Constitution?

The standard bearer of the filthy ass extreme Left Democrat Party is considered by 70% of American to be dishonest or somewhat dishonest so if you believe that that the Left is not full of lies then you are in the minority.

Any amendment can be repealed. Just as anything can be made in an amendment. The Constitution provides for it.

You should have learned that in 8th Grade US History, and again in 12th Grade Civics, and if you went to college then your history/humanities requirement should have taught you a 3rd time about the US Constitution.

That's precisely the main draw back of Hillary as POTUS. She will attempt to replace Scalia and aging Ginsberg with 2 more Ginsbergs. Then the SCOTUS can become activist and quasi legislative.

I was referring to the fact that you will never get the votes to repeal the 2nd Amendment. And you won't.

The only votes that matter are the 9 on the Supreme Court. When it comes to an amendment or anything in the Constitution, what the document says doesn't come close to being as important as what as few as FIVE of that nine BELIEVES it says.

There are lots of things not specifically in the Constitution that the SCOTUS has said are there through their interpretations. Not one word in the 2nd Amendment would have to change even a letter for the MEANING to change based on what FIVE say.

I don't believe you'd ever get the votes to repeal the 2nd amendment according to the procedure outline in Article V of the Constitution. However, you don't have to as long as FIVE people on the Court choose to interpret the same way as an Article V generated amendment would do it. As long as the Court is willing practice judicial activism, you may never see another amendment. All FIVE of them have to do is think it says something different than what's actually written.
With 33% of households being gun owning and 66% being non gun owning, you cannot be sure that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment is impossible.

If the gun ownership increased then maybe you could feel more safe.

But right now a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would be very close.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have to be repealed in order for guns to be outright banned, or effectively banned.

That's what I tried to explain to NYCarbineer. He keeps talking about how an amendment to repeal the 2nd wouldn't happen. I agree. However, nothing has to change in the wording of ANY portion of the Constitution. As few as FIVE Justices have to say it means something else. He can't grasp how that works.

You waste your time and effort with him. He lies continuously. I am never sure if it's because he's a vicious liar, or just an ignorant stubborn ass.

The only votes that matter are the 9 on the Supreme Court. When it comes to an amendment or anything in the Constitution, what the document says doesn't come close to being as important as what as few as FIVE of that nine BELIEVES it says.

There are lots of things not specifically in the Constitution that the SCOTUS has said are there through their interpretations. Not one word in the 2nd Amendment would have to change even a letter for the MEANING to change based on what FIVE say.

I don't believe you'd ever get the votes to repeal the 2nd amendment according to the procedure outline in Article V of the Constitution. However, you don't have to as long as FIVE people on the Court choose to interpret the same way as an Article V generated amendment would do it. As long as the Court is willing practice judicial activism, you may never see another amendment. All FIVE of them have to do is think it says something different than what's actually written.
With 33% of households being gun owning and 66% being non gun owning, you cannot be sure that a repeal of the 2nd Amendment is impossible.

Needing 2/3rds of the Senate to even get the Amendment process out of Congress and you think that's close?

Are you insane?

See once again you said you can't repeal the second but if the conditions are met you absolutely can

Yeah, you could bring back slavery if the conditions were met. What is your point? Are you that hostile to keeping the conversation within the realm of the real world?

You're actually making my point. You're fearmongering by suggesting the 2nd Amendment is about to be repealed.
Personally I do not believe the 2nd Amendment is safe. Most people (a majority) view it as outdated.

I asked you for a plausible scenario where 2/3rds of Congress votes to repeal the 2nd amendment. If you can't even envision a plausible scenario,

then you can't make an argument that the 2nd Amendment isn't safe.

And that's before you get to state ratification. Not to mention state constitutions also having their own state-level versions of the 2nd.

I was referring to the fact that you will never get the votes to repeal the 2nd Amendment. And you won't.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have to be repealed in order for guns to be outright banned, or effectively banned.

That's what I tried to explain to NYCarbineer. He keeps talking about how an amendment to repeal the 2nd wouldn't happen. I agree. However, nothing has to change in the wording of ANY portion of the Constitution. As few as FIVE Justices have to say it means something else. He can't grasp how that works.

That's why I said we can't let Trump put anti-abortion and anti-gay rights judges on the court.
Oh THAT'S what you "meant". Jeeze!

My personal view is that abortion has been settled.

Gay marriage has also been settled.

Assault weapons have not yet been settled.

That is the point conveniently being ignored

All that has to be done is to get the Supreme Court to reverse the decision that upheld the second as an individual right.

If that can't be done the movement to ban particular guns will be expanded to encompass more and more weapons

I don't think the gun control nuts ignore it. I think they either don't understand how as few as FIVE Justices can do the very same thing as repealing it by interpreting it differently and/or they don't care if it happens that way.

Yes I should have stated that differently.

They steer the conversation away from the fact that all that needs to be done to effectively ban guns is to reverse the Heller decision.

Instead they talk about repealing the second which is by design extremely difficult

Needing 2/3rds of the Senate to even get the Amendment process out of Congress and you think that's close?

Are you insane?

See once again you said you can't repeal the second but if the conditions are met you absolutely can

Yeah, you could bring back slavery if the conditions were met. What is your point? Are you that hostile to keeping the conversation within the realm of the real world?

You're actually making my point. You're fearmongering by suggesting the 2nd Amendment is about to be repealed.
Personally I do not believe the 2nd Amendment is safe. Most people (a majority) view it as outdated.

The problem is many don't own or want to own guns so they could care less if the rest of us do. It's the same concept with income taxes. Those that don't or won't ever pay don't have a problem with taxes going up for that very reason. It doesn't affect them.

That's why I said we can't let Trump put anti-abortion and anti-gay rights judges on the court.
Oh THAT'S what you "meant". Jeeze!

My personal view is that abortion has been settled.

Gay marriage has also been settled.

Assault weapons have not yet been settled.
So, you are saying you found abortion and marriage in the Constitution? Is it next to muskets? :lol:

Are you insane?

I asked you for a plausible scenario where 2/3rds of Congress votes to repeal the 2nd amendment. If you can't even envision a plausible scenario,

And that's before you get to state ratification. Not to mention state constitutions also having their own state-level versions of the 2nd.

If the Heller decision is reinterpreted then the second amendment will no longer guarantee an individual's right to own a firearm.

THAT is the goal here and the repeal of the second is not needed for that to happen

Bullshit!

How honest is it to declare that the NRA is a terrorist organization or that making it close to impossible for law abiding citizens to own firearms and then declaring that it is supporting the Constitution?

The standard bearer of the filthy ass extreme Left Democrat Party is considered by 70% of American to be dishonest or somewhat dishonest so if you believe that that the Left is not full of lies then you are in the minority.

You read that wrong. I'm a conservative. We conservatives can defend our position on guns without lies. You are absolutely correct about the gun grabbers. All they have, and I do mean 100% of what they have is a lie.

Are you insane?

I explained it to you how such a process isn't needed to get the same result. It's not my fault you're that fucking stupid you can't understand it.

Are you insane?

Those issue are too complex to guess about or just ass-u-me. I told you never to assume.

But to give you a reply to make you happy being replied to, as Johnny Depp would say in Pirates Of The Caribbean, for the sake of replying, my reply is this ...

With gun ownership getting smaller and smaller, some day I can easily foresee a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, sure.

They repealed the right to drink liquor, wine, and beer once. How stupid was that ?!

Are you saying that violence is irrelevant? Violence is the reason they are able to get gun control laws passed.

If anyone and everyone can get a gun, where is this hated gun control?

And yea, violence plays a part. Guns are inherently violent. That's the fucking purpose. To initiate a violent act or discourage or stop a violent act.

What fucking purpose do you think guns have? A paperweight?
Anyone who wants to can get drugs as well even though there are thousands of laws prohibiting it.

So it's not the laws it's the enforcement of that laws that fails

All that has to be done is to get the Supreme Court to reverse the decision that upheld the second as an individual right.

If that can't be done the movement to ban particular guns will be expanded to encompass more and more weapons

I don't think the gun control nuts ignore it. I think they either don't understand how as few as FIVE Justices can do the very same thing as repealing it by interpreting it differently and/or they don't care if it happens that way.

They steer the conversation away from the fact that all that needs to be done to effectively ban guns is to reverse the Heller decision.

Instead they talk about repealing the second which is by design extremely difficult

NYCarbineer is still whining that no one has provided a plausible scenario about 2/3 of Congress then the States will go about repealing the 2nd. Maybe he's just too fucking stupid to grasp that such a process isn't how it will happen.

I explained it to you how such a process isn't needed to get the same result. It's not my fault you're that fucking stupid you can't understand it.
It's also too bad that you yourself are too fokking stupid and mostly pig headed to see that you are wrong.
Me or NYCarbineer?

[

The ancient Greek Hesiod said there should be moderation in all things, and Aristotle agreed.

I agree with Aristotle.

Extremists are a plague -- extremists from both extremes.

I hate the far right as well as the far left.

The men that established the Constitutional Republic in this country and the right to keep and bear arms were considered extremists by the King of England, weren't they?

It is not an extreme position to advocate that we adhere to the Constitutional declaration that due to the security of a free state the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

It is an extreme position to advocate that the Constitutional right be infringed like we are seeing in many Libtard controlled areas of the US and that is despicable.

Are you insane?

Those issue are too complex to guess about or just ass-u-me. I told you never to assume.

But to give you a reply to make you happy being replied to, as Johnny Depp would say in Pirates Of The Caribbean, for the sake of replying, my reply is this ...

With gun ownership getting smaller and smaller, some day I can easily foresee a repeal of the 2nd Amendment, sure.

They repealed the right to drink liquor, wine, and beer once. How stupid was that ?!

You assume it can happen. Tell yourself never to assume.

Bullshit!

You read that wrong. I'm a conservative. We conservatives can defend our position on guns without lies. You are absolutely correct about the gun grabbers. All they have, and I do mean 100% of what they have is a lie.
I think with the Brady's now dead and good riddance, gun grabbing is dead too.

But assault weapons have become public enemy #1 in many people's eyes since they have been used by numerous wacko's to kill a lot of people at once. And a lot of people seem to be terrified about assault weapons.

I am not worried about it.

I believe everyone should be required to own their own assault rifle and pistol and be regularly trained and retrained how to use them -- same law as the Swiss have over there.

You assume it can't happen

It is an undeniable fact that there are two possibilities and that one of them is that it can happen.

Don't be a dick head dumb azz.

NYCarbineer is still whining that no one has provided a plausible scenario about 2/3 of Congress then the States will go about repealing the 2nd. Maybe he's just too fucking stupid to grasp that such a process isn't how it will happen.

I was talking to a poster who thinks it could easily happen. Learn to read.

Forum List

Back