🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ How many things do anti gunners get wrong....let us count the ways...

Good to know you gleefully and blindly follow the directions of those you think know more than you can.
Have you heard the term "useful idiot"?
Sorry to break it to you but we are all "useful idiots" to one degree or another.
Good to see you can admit it.

Now then - why do you not recognize the power of the ballot or the press, and how dangerous abuse/misuse of that power can be.

You STILL do not understand.
How can gun control - background checks, licensing, registration, training, whatever - prevent someone from killing themselves?
You don't seem able to accept that I don't have an answer for you, no matter how many times you ask the same question.
And even though you have no idea how these (and other) things can prevent suicide, you think they should be enacted to that end.
How does that make sense?

Now then - why do you not recognize the power of the ballot or the press, and how dangerous abuse/misuse of that power can be.
Not a case of ignorance, but in my mind the dangers are outweighed by the benefits.
Really? An irrepressible press is less of a threat tan irresponsible gun owners?
What happens when the press lies to the people and no one calls them on it?

No doubt but both fall under the umbrella of gun safety so the solutions be not be so different. Isn't it worth some effort to save some of the 30,000 lives lost to guns each year? Even if you can't save every life I think we should at very least study the problem and not forbid research as the gun lobby desires.

Well, 40 people a day, lose their lives to prescription pain medicine abuse (14600 annually), and it is one of the most heavily regulated and controlled categories of drugs. We aren't talking about illegal drugs, those include even more deaths per day in the US. You don't even have to worry about having the research done, because it has already been done.

The Deadliest Drug in America May Surprise You

Don't pretend you care about the lives of people who are killing themselves with firearms, and are not more disturbed about the fact more people are killing themselves with drug abuse daily. Furthermore, the idea regulation is the answer is thoroughly debunked when reflecting on the fact that those people are doing what is strictly against the law with a heavily regulated substance.

And even though you have no idea how these (and other) things can prevent suicide, you think they should be enacted to that end.
How does that make sense?
It is the Dickey Amendment that makes no sense. I only want gun restrictions that will be effective in cutting gun violence and increasing gun safety and if the only way to do that is change the interpretation of the 2nd from an individual right then so be it.

I want to see someone that is carrying a gun and react the same way I do when I see a cop, comfort and relief. That is not currently the case.

I want to see someone that is carrying a gun and react the same way I do when I see a cop, comfort and relief. That is not currently the case.

You are so right about that, because there are a lot of people that don't feel comfort and relief when they see a cop carrying a firearm. Disarming the cops should do the trick.

No doubt but both fall under the umbrella of gun safety so the solutions be not be so different. Isn't it worth some effort to save some of the 30,000 lives lost to guns each year? Even if you can't save every life I think we should at very least study the problem and not forbid research as the gun lobby desires.

Well, 40 people a day, lose their lives to prescription pain medicine abuse (14600 annually), and it is one of the most heavily regulated and controlled categories of drugs. We aren't talking about illegal drugs, those include even more deaths per day in the US. You don't even have to worry about having the research done, because it has already been done.

The Deadliest Drug in America May Surprise You

Don't pretend you care about the lives of people who are killing themselves with firearms, and are not more disturbed about the fact more people are killing themselves with drug abuse daily. Furthermore, the idea regulation is the answer is thoroughly debunked when reflecting on the fact that those people are doing what is strictly against the law with a heavily regulated substance.
So if the problem is difficult and the solution is not obvious we should just give up and admit defeat?

So if the problem is difficult and the solution is not obvious we should just give up and admit defeat?

It isn't that you are defeated by a challenging problem as much as the fact you are trying to defeat something you not only cannot defeat, but don't have the right to diminish people's liberties in trying to.

You are so right about that, because there are a lot of people that don't feel comfort and relief when they see a cop carrying a firearm. Disarming the cops should do the trick.
There may be other solutions that would also work.

It isn't that you are defeated by a challenging problem as much as the fact you are trying to defeat something you not only cannot, but don't have the right to.
I don't have the right to my opinion or to exercise my vote? Sorry but I live in the US and I have the right to try.

I don't have the right to my opinion or to exercise my vote? Sorry but I live in the US and I have the right to try.

No one says that you don't have a right to an opinion, or the right to vote, but neither voting nor your opinion make you right.

Not a case of ignorance, but in my mind the dangers are outweighed by the benefits.
Really? An irrepressible press is less of a threat tan irresponsible gun owners?
What happens when the press lies to the people and no one calls them on it?
I'm happy to entertain suggestions to make the press better.

No one says that you don't have a right to an opinion, or the right to vote, but neither voting nor your opinion make you right.
My values are just that, mine. You may not agree or approve but you don't have the authority to proclaim them right or wrong.

My values are just that, mine. You may not agree or approve but you don't have the authority to proclaim them right or wrong.

The Constitution protects my rights to bear arms, and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with you, your opinion, my authority, nor what the heck you may or may not think is right or wrong.

Forum List

Back