How much of a positive or negative difference have you noticed in the economy under Trump?

In my experience I've seen...

• No difference as I sit behind a desk and don't really work with consumers to notice a difference.

• A mild uptic in consumer confidence

• A large jump in consumer confidence

• No change from my perspective

• A slow down in the economy

• Trump is fucking everything up

• My welfare checks stopped/went unchanged

• I am incapable of honest reflections

Results are only viewable after voting.
Everyone has a perspective, what's yours?
No significant change of note. There are some clues here and there that corporate capital expenditures are moving up, and that would be helpful if it comes to pass. GDP remains relatively flat. Some, but not much, inflationary pressure. Very nice corporate profits, but they're not translating, yet.

On a macro level, something still just doesn't feel right. With unemployment this low there should be much better wage growth, but it's not near strong enough. Best guess right now is that there was even more slack (under-employment) in the economy than previously thought, and not enough growth to fix it.

The clock is ticking on this, and neither stock nor bond markets are convinced we're going in the right direction. My thought is that we have until September or October for the economy to shit or get off the pot. If we don't see clear improvements, markets will start puckering, and we'll see some kind of chain reaction. The question will be the degree.

Want a measuring stick? Keep your eye on the 10-year Treasury. The higher the yield, the better. Probably. In the last few days it's dropped from around 3.11% to 2.87%. Yikes.

Last edited:
Liberals are quite the wet blankets but ..

People that matter to me are far more hopeful with raises, new jobs, positive attitudes .. more happiness basically but sure enough, costs of living are still ridiculous and half the government refuses to engage in solutions... just politics..

Way to much house building going on around here. My house is being surrounded.

Last edited:
Lots of good things going on where I live. Loads of new construction for both businesses and housing.

Definite up tick.

Forum List

Back