How Textbooks Push Children to the Left

"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
- John Stuart Mill (with an estimated IQ of 2000, Stuart Mill is considered the 4th most intelligent individual in the last 500 years)

Conservative Quotes - BrainyQuote

We must stop being the stupid party. It’s time for a new Republican party that talks like adults. It’s time for us to articulate our plans and visions for America in real terms. We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. We’ve had enough of that.

We must stop insulting the intelligence of voters. We need to trust the smarts of the American people. We have to stop dumbing down our ideas and stop reducing everything to mindless slogans and tag lines for 30-second ads
- Gov. Bobby Jindal’s full speech to the Republican National Committee in Charlotte, N.C.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/full-...tional-committee-in-charlotte/article/2519682
- most stupid people are conservative

- time to talk like adults

- damaging the brand with offensive and bizarre comments

- stop insulting the intelligence of voters

- stop dumbing down our ideas

- stop reducing everything to mindless slogans and tag lines

Last edited:
Conservatism is the barrier to progress. Children need to learn that. If the child, once armed with the knowledge of that absolute truth, decides that it is best that the human race not progress,

then that's his business and he is free to act accordingly, for instance, free to turn into someone like you.
Doesn't it make you proud to know that since you can't get people to agree with you using facts and logic, you have to resort to government indoctrination of children too unsophisticated to question you?

Pathetically enough, yes, I do believe you ARE proud of that.

What are the facts and logic behind insisting that children be taught creationism as competing 'theory' to evolution?

What are the facts and logic behind insisting that MOST gays are genetically disposed?

Does science show evolution as the reason a few humans are gay?

Seems contradictory when you consider that "survival of the fittest" means genes are passed on..almost always by sexual intercourse.
Same sex intercourse doesn't result in genetic code being passed on.
So how are gays more prolific today then any time in human history?

Yet our schools are teaching behavior modification with respect to acceptance of gay choice.

wait for it...wait for it...
I'm waiting for the irrational, hysterical name calling instead of refuting my statements.

Don't have time!!
Yours is an easy job, the only part time job with full time pay and bennies on earth!!!!
Not forgetting, your 30 or less hours a week for $80G a year only lasts for what?
8 months a year?
So you earn $80Gs a year for about 20 hours a week?
Only Obama has it easier than you!!

Try building a business.
Specialized perhaps?
90hours or more a week underground risking life and limb making a pittance( lunch money) for the first 2 years.
I'd say you would last, 20 mins.
I had a lot of 20 min starts!!
Some didn't last 20 seconds!!

Try a liquor store, easy enough right?

120 hours a week!!

Stop whining.
You have it easy.
The only thing I have on you is that I managed to retire at age 43.

But you have to admit, yours is an easy job!!

30hrs a week? Ha!

And their salary can be either spread out over a year or for the school year. They are only getting paid for the school year just choose to spread out their pay so they have a pay check during the summer.
Now add up what a day care makes on each child and apply that to 30 students in a class. And tell me a teachers salary Is too high.

As for the risk factor. Talk to the teachers who risked their lives to save children during a tornado, or put themselves in the line of fire during a school shooting.

I saw this on Facebook.. Maybe it will help you realize what an idiot you are.

"Teachers’ hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year. It’s time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do – babysit. We can get that for less than minimum wage.

That’s right. Let’s give them $3 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan– that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day…maybe 30? So that’s $19.50 x 30 = $585.00 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year. I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET’S SEE…That’s $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on. My calculator needs new batteries.)

What about those special education teachers and the ones with master’s degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute — there’s something wrong here. There sure is.

The average teacher’s salary (nationwide) is $50,000. $50,000/180 days = $277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student– a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!"

–From Maureen Downey, for the AJC Get Schooled blog

If teachers are mere babysitters, pay them accordingly | Get Schooled

Oh dear, what a fucking struggle!!
If they don't like being mediocre people incapable of making it in the meritorious marketplace they should quit and try to make it in the meritorious marketplace.
Teaching is an easy, safe job with part time hours and a full time paycheck.

They should stop lording it over the people who pay their wages, maybe show some appreciation.
I would close down all public schools and leave the responsibility to educate to the parents.
Safest and best for the kids.

once again if teaching is so easy why aren't you doing it?

and where is the " lording it over people who pay their wages" ?

link

Last edited:
I don't need a job.
I'm retired, 2 weeks in!!
43 years old!!
Never need to work again.
The only thing that comes close to that is........ Being a teacher!!

I taught 17 year olds and older for a couple of years.
As an ITC instructor back in 1998 thru 2000.
I taught students in classroom and on ranges/training areas to be infanteers through a high intensity 25 week course.
It was a doddle.
Not the PT 6 hour a day doddle public school teachers whine about.
More of a 24 hour a day doddle, 7 days a week.
But it was a sight easier than an operational posting.
Odd, I rarely heard Squaddies whine like schoolteachers, the work 6 times the hours for less than half the pay with less time off.
Whining pussy!

sounds like you are jealous :eusa_boohoo:
No, I just know how easy you have it.
Your afraid of the real world, I understand.
You feel safe at school!!
What will you do when they are all closed down?

real world?

ummmm I have had jobs in govt. and the private sector.

I'll retire or get a job elsewhere in your "closed down" unrealistic scenario.

:doubt:
This author surveyed the index of “The Americans,” and found that in the 1,045 pages of text, there were only two references to Christianity,...

The guy didn't even read the text of the book he is reviewing?

He surveyed (that means skimmed, ya know?) the index?!

And for the the right wing dupes on this board skimming an index is good enough for a critique?

You people need to educate yourselves.

No seriously...you folks need to arm yourselves intellectually

Last edited:
The leftist start early... Parents need to be aware of what their children are being taught

9044303-large.jpg

Are you surprised that leftist ideas have penetrated the minds of the people? Chalk up this reality to the leftist teachers and, especially, to the left-oriented textbooks now in use in our secondary schools. One book in particular that has been gaining traction in New York City in recent years is “The Americans.”

Although even the leftist teachers claim not to like this textbook used in U.S. history (a one-year course required in NYC for all juniors) because it is so skimpy on facts and is written in an opaque style, any informed reader would have to agree that it is one of the most politically correct textbooks one could imagine. Reading this book, one gets the message that the history of America is a theme of victimization. The list of victims is well known: Native Americans, women, labor, immigrants, blacks, farmers, urban dwellers, the mentally ill, migrant workers, unions, etc. “The Americans” is a somewhat diluted version of Howard Zinn’s openly communist college textbook, “A People’s History of the United States.”

How Textbooks Push Children to the Left | FrontPage Magazine

Have you read the People's History?

Communist - LOL.

No, I just know how easy you have it.
Your afraid of the real world, I understand.
You feel safe at school!!
What will you do when they are all closed down?

real world?

ummmm I have had jobs in govt. and the private sector.

I'll retire or get a job elsewhere in your "closed down" unrealistic scenario.

Of course you would.
You would never fly into a panic, go on strike and demand that the government do something!!
You are terrified of having to move away from your coddled existence!
Working for extra cash for a few weeks during your immensely long summer vacation is not the same as competing in the meritorious marketplace.

I managed to teach for a while, with immense ease.
Far easier to teach the job than to do the job!!
After I left my nice safe government job I started a business.
Made a success in the meritorious market, sold up at a profit, purchased another business.
Sold up again.
Never have to work again.
You might be ok in a job with the same level of responsibility and skill as teaching.
Mc Donald's are always hiring!!

you seem to know so much about someone you never met

:doubt:
This author surveyed the index of “The Americans,” and found that in the 1,045 pages of text, there were only two references to Christianity,...

The guy didn't even read the text of the book he is reviewing?

He surveyed (that means skimmed, ya know?) the index?!

And for the the right wing dupes on this board skimming an index is good enough for a critique?

You people need to educate yourselves.

No seriously...you folks need to arm yourselves intellectually

as I stated in an earlier post, I think I have that text book in my room.I'll be returning to school in a couple days and I'll look through it AGAIN.

My opinion at this point is that the text goes out of the way to mention women and minorities in side bars, but from what I recall the text is far from being a communist manifesto and is basically factual without an agenda one way or another.

this ^ is coming from one of the arch-conservatives at USMB too

People really need to stop blindly accepting some of the media's stories as gospel.

Of course you would.
You would never fly into a panic, go on strike and demand that the government do something!!
You are terrified of having to move away from your coddled existence!
Working for extra cash for a few weeks during your immensely long summer vacation is not the same as competing in the meritorious marketplace.

I managed to teach for a while, with immense ease.
Far easier to teach the job than to do the job!!
After I left my nice safe government job I started a business.
Made a success in the meritorious market, sold up at a profit, purchased another business.
Sold up again.
Never have to work again.
You might be ok in a job with the same level of responsibility and skill as teaching.
Mc Donald's are always hiring!!

you seem to know so much about someone you never met
I've met plenty of school teachers.
I've taught for a living.
I know it's easy.
I know at the end of the year that you work less than 20 hours a week, it has to be one of the easiest jobs known to man.
You don't even have to correct kids mistakes anymore!!
3x4=11 or anything for that matter!!
Everyone gets an A!
Unless the kid has conservative opinions, then they get a Ritalin!

you have never taught in a public school in your life.

our school day is 7.5 hours

in your world 7.5 x 5 = less than 20 :cuckoo:

I've met plenty of school teachers.
I've taught for a living.
I know it's easy.
I know at the end of the year that you work less than 20 hours a week, it has to be one of the easiest jobs known to man.
You don't even have to correct kids mistakes anymore!!
3x4=11 or anything for that matter!!
Everyone gets an A!
Unless the kid has conservative opinions, then they get a Ritalin!

you have never taught in a public school in your life.

our school day is 7.5 hours

in your world 7.5 x 5 = less than 20 :cuckoo:
No I've never worked in public school.
I taught 17+year olds at the infantry training center at Vimy Barracks in Catterick Garrison.

0800 till 1500 is not a 7.5 hour day.
You forgot your lunch break!!
I bet you never forget that during term time!!

Lets call it 7 just to make you happy, though I feel that is more than you work.
Over 5 days( every weekend off, jeez the suffering) is 35 hours.
35 hours a week for what? Two thirds of the year?
Three quarters?
Lets go 3/4 shall we?
That brings you to somewhere in the 27 hours a week range, correct?
I'm still dubious about your true hours, those periods during the day when you have no class, your immense time off.
Anyhow 27 hours a week is less than half the hours the average American works to pay your salary.
You should start thanking the parents of the kids you teach!!
Stop bloody whining, you have it easy!!

so you were teaching in an environment where the students are required to learn and behave?

I would like to see how you would react when a student threw shit at you, and I mean that literally.

No I've never worked in public school.
I taught 17+year olds at the infantry training center at Vimy Barracks in Catterick Garrison.

0800 till 1500 is not a 7.5 hour day.
You forgot your lunch break!!
I bet you never forget that during term time!!

Lets call it 7 just to make you happy, though I feel that is more than you work.
Over 5 days( every weekend off, jeez the suffering) is 35 hours.
35 hours a week for what? Two thirds of the year?
Three quarters?
Lets go 3/4 shall we?
That brings you to somewhere in the 27 hours a week range, correct?
I'm still dubious about your true hours, those periods during the day when you have no class, your immense time off.
Anyhow 27 hours a week is less than half the hours the average American works to pay your salary.
You should start thanking the parents of the kids you teach!!
Stop bloody whining, you have it easy!!

so you were teaching in an environment where the students are required to learn and behave?

I would like to see how you would react when a student threw shit at you, and I mean that literally.

It wouldn't happen, the standard of leadership I provided ensured that never happened.
However, we had responses in place for such, in accordance with AGAI regulations.
It comes down to leadership, if that kind of breakdown happened in your classroom, it is due to your failings.

Boo hoo!!
You have an easy job and its too much for you!!!

Mc Donald's is still hiring!!

it would never have happened in your classroom for 2 reasons

1. your students were afraid of military discipline, not because of your leadership. You give yourself too much credit.

2. none of your students were autistic or mentally retarded or have identified disabilities that makes the kind of discipline you enjoyed in the military impossible.

it was actually your job that was cake with gravy on top

and quit whining :eusa_boohoo:

Last edited:
The leftist start early... Parents need to be aware of what their children are being taught

9044303-large.jpg

Are you surprised that leftist ideas have penetrated the minds of the people? Chalk up this reality to the leftist teachers and, especially, to the left-oriented textbooks now in use in our secondary schools. One book in particular that has been gaining traction in New York City in recent years is “The Americans.”

Although even the leftist teachers claim not to like this textbook used in U.S. history (a one-year course required in NYC for all juniors) because it is so skimpy on facts and is written in an opaque style, any informed reader would have to agree that it is one of the most politically correct textbooks one could imagine. Reading this book, one gets the message that the history of America is a theme of victimization. The list of victims is well known: Native Americans, women, labor, immigrants, blacks, farmers, urban dwellers, the mentally ill, migrant workers, unions, etc. “The Americans” is a somewhat diluted version of Howard Zinn’s openly communist college textbook, “A People’s History of the United States.”

How Textbooks Push Children to the Left | FrontPage Magazine

It's called education. Everyone who becomes educated would, of course, be liberal, because conservatism is synonymous with ignorance.

Loving science, technology, innovation, or infrastructure = being pushed to the left. lol

The day the republican party want from limiting welfare and waste to down right idiocy = the day I can't vote for them anymore.

I'll admit that a lot of text books do push students to far to the left into idiocy land....
A few cases I've seen over the years.
1. How you shouldn't judge thugs, gansta's, etc.
2. How you shouldn't have a opinion on anything that might offend anyone. What good is a college education if you can't think?
3. Making woman and minorities a equal part of history. What? White males did the vast majority but somehow those groups get equal showing?

Some of these text books should be banned.

You know who banned books?

Adolf Hitler.

Loving science, technology, innovation, or infrastructure = being pushed to the left. lol

The day the republican party want from limiting welfare and waste to down right idiocy = the day I can't vote for them anymore.

I'll admit that a lot of text books do push students to far to the left into idiocy land....
A few cases I've seen over the years.
1. How you shouldn't judge thugs, gansta's, etc.
2. How you shouldn't have a opinion on anything that might offend anyone. What good is a college education if you can't think?
3. Making woman and minorities a equal part of history. What? White males did the vast majority but somehow those groups get equal showing?

Some of these text books should be banned.

Neither science nor innovation are known to libtards and they are the threat to them - our schools won't cut science subjects hours and requirements so much (or math) and extend the bogus libetard subjects instead.

It is dumbing down the populace and brainwashing it with libtard agenda - that is what is the goal.

85% of scientists consider themselves liberals.

Forum List

Back