How the Christian Right's Homophobia Scares Away Religious Young People

So you pick the person, for a dangerous mission, based on your personal dislikes rather than on qualifications?

Yeah, not much leadership there. More like a kid on a schoolyard.
Since they had all been thru the same training and should be equally qualified.

Then the decision would have to be based on which soldier I could afford to lose. :cool:

Friendly fire deaths are almost always accidental. Because somebody does something on your side is unintentionally stupid does not make it murder. Probably almost 10% of our deaths in Vietnam were from friendly fire: firefights in the dark, bad artillery coordinates, bad airstrikes, soldiers in the wrong place at really the wrong time.

This was one of the more difficult concepts for me to learn and internalize: we kill each other inadvertently at times in combat.

Whether they could be legally prosecuted or not is not why I berated him.

When you make statements like:

"If we had ever found out there was a homo in our unit. He would not have lived past the next fire fight.Unfortunately, during a time of war; friendly fire sometimes happens."

"There would be many ways to get rid of a fudge packer in the platoon.
Send him on a suicide mission.
Assign him to walk point in a mine field.
Or have him check out an area that has known enemy sniper activity."

You are advocating the murder of a US serviceman based on his sexual orientation. That is despicable behavior, regardless of which side of the argument you favor.

WinterDoosh, don't ever suggest I advocated a murder of a US personnel because s/he was a lesbian or a gay.

You are asshat wrong if you think friendly fire deaths are deliberate. If troops thought that, they would turn on each other, not the enemy.

A civilian who does not know his ass from a hole in the ground talking about military matters in a way to bring dishonor and discredit to the service is a doosh.

Pure and simple.

Hey numbnuts, try actually reading what I wrote.

In my post I started with "When you make statements like:". Then I posted quotes of an asshole who advocated murdering a fellow soldier. So unless you made the statements, I was not talking about you.

And before you make assumptions, try and find out if I ever served. In fact, I did. I am an honorably discharged veteran.

So you pick the person, for a dangerous mission, based on your personal dislikes rather than on qualifications?

Since they had all been thru the same training and should be equally qualified.

Then the decision would have to be based on which soldier I could afford to lose. :cool:

You have already stated that you would "get rid" of them. Trying to cover it by making these claims is nonsense and cowardice.

While all recieve the same basic training, there are always those who are better and those who are worse at tasks.

You REMF characters don't have a clue about real leadership.

Yet, you like to lecture others from your desk. :doubt:

And you talk about getting rid of people you don't like, then claim its leadership.

I learned leadership from men who took care of those serving under them, whether they liked them or not. I had a kid in my division that I couldn't stand. But I was responsible for him, so I took care of him. I worked with guys who were total assholes, but I made sure they were ready for battle.

Whether they could be legally prosecuted or not is not why I berated him.

When you make statements like:

"If we had ever found out there was a homo in our unit. He would not have lived past the next fire fight.Unfortunately, during a time of war; friendly fire sometimes happens."

"There would be many ways to get rid of a fudge packer in the platoon.
Send him on a suicide mission.
Assign him to walk point in a mine field.
Or have him check out an area that has known enemy sniper activity."

You are advocating the murder of a US serviceman based on his sexual orientation. That is despicable behavior, regardless of which side of the argument you favor.

WinterDoosh, don't ever suggest I advocated a murder of a US personnel because s/he was a lesbian or a gay.

You are asshat wrong if you think friendly fire deaths are deliberate. If troops thought that, they would turn on each other, not the enemy.

A civilian who does not know his ass from a hole in the ground talking about military matters in a way to bring dishonor and discredit to the service is a doosh.

Pure and simple.

Hey numbnuts, try actually reading what I wrote. In my post I started with "When you make statements like:". Then I posted quotes of an asshole who advocated murdering a fellow soldier. So unless you made the statements, I was not talking about you. And before you make assumptions, try and find out if I ever served. In fact, I did. I am an honorably discharged veteran.

Learned how to write, WinterDoosh, and how to use pronouns. It appeared as if it were directed at me. I am glad you served, but you sound like a sunshine soldier.

Be clear, troop, in your comments.

Pure and simple.

Hey numbnuts, try actually reading what I wrote. In my post I started with "When you make statements like:". Then I posted quotes of an asshole who advocated murdering a fellow soldier. So unless you made the statements, I was not talking about you. And before you make assumptions, try and find out if I ever served. In fact, I did. I am an honorably discharged veteran.

Learned how to write, WinterDoosh, and how to use pronouns. It appeared as if it were directed at me. I am glad you served, but you sound like a sunshine soldier.

Be clear, troop, in your comments.

It seems clear to me. Start with "When you make statements like", then add two quotes. Looks like I was talking about him.

A sunshine soldier? You got that from my posts, huh? I took care of the men assigned to me. To insist that is what leadership is about doesn't sound like a "sunshine soldier".

"Larn" how to use pronouns, Winterborn, and stop trying to defend poor writing. Sunshine soldier: don't like it? "It seems clear to me" that I said "appears", not that you are a sunshine soldier. I thank you for your service.

Do you think more friendly fire incidents were deliberate? Honest question, no trick or trap. I think most were truly a combination of factors and incidents and personal inabilities that led to some terrible conclusions.

"Larn" how to use pronouns, Winterborn, and stop trying to defend poor writing. Sunshine soldier: don't like it? "It seems clear to me" that I said "appears", not that you are a sunshine soldier. I thank you for your service.

Do you think more friendly fire incidents were deliberate? Honest question, no trick or trap. I think most were truly a combination of factors and incidents and personal inabilities that led to some terrible conclusions.

I think most friendly fire incidents are completely accidental. At worst most are bad communications.

Agreed.

WB has the telltales signs of a desk jocky

1. Unaccepting Reality
2. Splinters up Ass
3. Politically Correct

1) Unaccepting of Reality? That a soldier calls killing one of his own "leadership" is reality?
2) Not sure why you care about my ass.
3) PC? Not even close. Right is right, regardless of current political whims.

I bet you were dishonorably discharged.
Negative.

I received an Honorable Discharge and then used the G.I. Bill to attend college and earn my B.A. :cool:

Seconded. You are a disgrace to the uniform.
I don't wear a uniform; I'm a civilian now. :eusa_angel:

:cool:
It is a comfort to see that the affirmative arguement for the behaviorial deviation known as "homosexuality" is consistant: Since they cannot defend it, begin a personal attack against all that will not accept the "normal" behavior.

Typical pattern. "We're Here, We're Queer...AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE WE ARE NORMAL, the You must be _______."

lol @ Sunni and Samson's circlejerk.

NitroZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.......the one trick pony.....*yawn*

Agreed.

WB has the telltales signs of a desk jocky

1. Unaccepting Reality
2. Splinters up Ass
3. Politically Correct

1) Unaccepting of Reality? That a soldier calls killing one of his own "leadership" is reality?
2) Not sure why you care about my ass.
3) PC? Not even close. Right is right, regardless of current political whims.

I'll accept that you're insistence on posting idiotic rhetorical questions is a fourth symptom of desk jockism.

Forum List

Back