How The Internet Is Destroying Mormonism

It's not happening fast enough.
I find it hard to believe that he didn't know about Joseph Smith.

How many people know about the "mound culture" craze that was America's popular culture #1 hit in the post-revolutionary & early 19th century period? That's where Mormonism came from, unless Smith was eating peyote buds when he had his little tête-à-tête with Angel Baloney...errr...I mean Angle Maroni. Of the dozens of "mound builder" stories that swept the colonies, Benjamin Franklin's novel was one of the more popular. Of course Mormonism proved to have the best staying-power.

Anachronisms in the Book of Mormon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

He was a two bit conman that got the people run out of towns for using seer stone trick. The fact that he was a polygamist is really well known. Hell, they are known for their genealogy. I have one side of my dad's family that is Mormon and this is how we got involved. One of our ancestors traveled with him and also had four wives. It's right there. The genealogy is right there. We aren't talking about someone that is hidden.

Another ignorant, biased anti-LDS thread with absolutely no basis in fact.

I can guarantee that the vast majority of LDS don't worry about ignorant videos or other trash about their religion.

And, there certainly appear to be a large number of non-LDS who feel the same.

Probably the reason such trash is thrust upon us.

I can guarantee that the vast majority of LDS don't worry about ignorant videos or other trash about their religion.

Joseph Smith was a polygamist. Deal with it. He was a con man. Deal with it.

Pretending that it didn't happen and is not true is ignorant.

And your point? By the way I do not believe he was a con man. But you are right he believed in Polygamy and never hid the fact. In fact the Church believed in it up until revelation put an end to it in 1890. But lets assume he was a con man shall we? When God sent his Angel to him that life was left behind. Again 11 witnesses saw and testified they saw the golden plates. Some of them left the Church but NOT A SINGLE ONE of them recanted that testimony.

And your point? By the way I do not believe he was a con man. But you are right he believed in Polygamy and never hid the fact. In fact the Church believed in it up until revelation put an end to it in 1890. But lets assume he was a con man shall we? When God sent his Angel to him that life was left behind. Again 11 witnesses saw and testified they saw the golden plates. Some of them left the Church but NOT A SINGLE ONE of them recanted that testimony.

I already gave you that information in a prior thread (including your 11 witnesses). Do not pretend that you did not know. He was a con man. The Supreme Court was the revelation. I also gave you information on two specific time periods for it ending.

Last edited:
And yet the Church continues to grow.

it's funny the internet is what helped convince me it was true. I saw every argument pro and con. The more I saw the critics of the church turn to lies, misrepresentations, and irrelevancy the more I realized there might be something to it. After all, why lie if you are right?

nearly 200 years and the critics still can't find a credible explanation for the Book of Mormon or for the witnesses. How does a barely literate farmboy who couldn't write a letter dictate the Book of Mormon in the space of two months? And how do you get 11+ witnesses to verify everything even after you fall out? So much so that they go out of their way to reaffirm their witness at their death bed, some putting it on their grave?

ultimately there is only one way to know the truth. You have to trust God. Otherwise you remain in ignorance

It's not happening fast enough.
I find it hard to believe that he didn't know about Joseph Smith.

How many people know about the "mound culture" craze that was America's popular culture #1 hit in the post-revolutionary & early 19th century period? That's where Mormonism came from, unless Smith was eating peyote buds when he had his little tête-à-tête with Angel Baloney...errr...I mean Angle Maroni. Of the dozens of "mound builder" stories that swept the colonies, Benjamin Franklin's novel was one of the more popular. Of course Mormonism proved to have the best staying-power.

Anachronisms in the Book of Mormon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Ok;but, the "mound culture" doesn't dissuade me from reading the Book of Mormon to ask my Father-in-Heaven if it a second witness to Jesus being the Christ.

Mormons wander around their cathedrals wearing white flowing angel robes and the women where panties that have little messages on them, reminding girls not to be naughty. Fruitcake city.

what on earth are you smoking?

No. Actually, you're in denial. It doesn't continue to grow. And, frankly, it's documented.

Last edited:
ultimately there is only one way to know the truth. You have to trust God. Otherwise you remain in ignorance

Actually there's only one way man has ever availed himself of truth: through the grunt work of science and repeatable proofs. That's the way we've elevated ourselves from the ignorance in which you obviously dwell. That's the only path to "truth".

Yes, he was polygamist, and it is dealt with regularly in the Mormon and historical societies. Deal with it.

That he was a con man is your issue: deal with it.

Yes, he was polygamist, and it is dealt with regularly in the Mormon and historical societies. Deal with it.

Problem, Jake? Maybe you can explain that 11 million count. Tell me, Jake, is that entire group of 11 million alive? How about active? Do you know how that works?

Last edited:

Problem, Jake? Maybe you can explain that 11 million count. Tell me, Jake, is that entire group of 11 million alive? How about active? Do you know how that works?

No problem exists. You dislike JS and Mormonism. That is your right.

One, he was polygamist. Deal with it.

Two, the membership is closer to 13mm, I gather. So what?

You are simply rambling.

No problem exists. You dislike JS and Mormonism. That is your right.

One, he was polygamist. Deal with it.

Two, the membership is closer to 13mm, I gather. So what?

You are simply rambling.

If this doesn't interest you then you can always participate in another thread. Yes?

Again. It's a lie and one you seem to roll around in. Deal with it.

So, where is the number from? Don't know? Feck off. You're another one that faced with the truth runs away.

most people aren't willing to martyr themselves for a con. I don't think anyone reading his words or sermons can conclude that he was insincere in his teachings. He believed them

Actually there's only one way man has ever availed himself of truth: through the grunt work of science and repeatable proofs. That's the way we've elevated ourselves from the ignorance in which you obviously dwell. That's the only path to "truth".

science is only one way to find truth. If you limit truth to what science proves you limit what you learn and miss out on alot of what life has to offer

No. Actually, you're in denial. It doesn't continue to grow. And, frankly, it's documented.

it is documented. Every April the membership count comes out. Along with the growth stats for baptisms, wards, and stakes.

considering how careful the church is with funds, I highly doubt they are building more buildings and creating more congregations for less people.

it is documented. Every April the membership count comes out. Along with the growth stats for baptisms, wards, and stakes.

considering how careful the church is with funds, I highly doubt they are building more buildings and creating more congregations for less people.

most people aren't willing to martyr themselves for a con. I don't think anyone reading his words or sermons can conclude that he was insincere in his teachings. He believed them

He was a con man. When he ran out of cash, he hit up any number of people he could. He was responsible for getting run out of more than one town for his little con game. In what world are you living in?

Forum List

Back