🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How the Republican Government shutdown works

All unnecessary government jobs are cut. Guess who picks what's unnecessary? Obama thought it was necessary to put guards up at the ww2 war memorial to keep veterans away from it.

Security is identified as an essential function. Opening the parks is not
There is no need for security at the ww2 monument. Obama hates our veterans and this proved how much.
That's ridiculous. There is security at the memorial right now. Take away maintenance and security from it for a couple weeks while leaving it open and it will be covered in litter and grafiti.
There was a guy that cut grass at the ww2 memorial. So there is a security guard 24/7 at all the memorials and monuments right now?
Yes there is security 24/7. Imagine what conservatives would have done to the Lincoln memorial by now if there was no security.
Lincoln was a RINO. Grrrrrrrr.

Its strange....the Republicans control Congress now and the only tool they have in their toolbox is the threat of shutting down government

Then they are outraged when services are not available.
"What do you mean the park is closed?"
The president gets to choose what park gets closed. Kinda like Obama choose to close a ww2 memorial to veterans and choose to reopen it for an illegal immigrant rally.

No he doesn't

Each agency must provide a list of those jobs and functions deemed essential and those deemed non-essential
Surprisingly....Parks have been identified as a "non-essential" government function
There are those who'd say that it's government that is non-essential. Not me, of course, I think government is just as necessary as the appendix: no one knows really what it does, and it takes invasive surgery to get rid of a bad one.

You don't understand

Obama is only allowed to have essential employees report for work during a shutdown. There is nothing essential about visiting parks. Protecting parks is considered essential

The WW2 memorial is open air. So is the Lincoln Memorial and Jefferson Memorial. They are all closed in a shutdown and guards are posted to protect the property
Clinton didn't shut down open air memorials or monuments.

Link

I don't see how Clinton justified parks as essential services
I said open air memorials or monuments. I don't know about parks. They do take employees to run those. I would have to look that up, but Obama made sure that veteran's wouldn't get to see the ww2 memorial. Some for the first and last time. Shame on Obama and the people that support him.

They are still under the parks system and non-essential. The government shutdown was in all the papers. Anyone visiting Washington should have checked whats open. People missed out on the Capital, museums, Washington Monument...everything in the mall. Not just the WW2 memorial was affected by the Republican shutdown

You still haven't explained why you think monuments are essential

Who cares? In the end all it was was an extended vacation for government bloodsuckers.

Courtesy of our Republican Party

All unnecessary government jobs are cut. Guess who picks what's unnecessary? Obama thought it was necessary to put guards up at the ww2 war memorial to keep veterans away from it.

There is no need for security at the ww2 monument. Obama hates our veterans and this proved how much.
That's ridiculous. There is security at the memorial right now. Take away maintenance and security from it for a couple weeks while leaving it open and it will be covered in litter and grafiti.
There was a guy that cut grass at the ww2 memorial. So there is a security guard 24/7 at all the memorials and monuments right now?
Yes there is security 24/7. Imagine what conservatives would have done to the Lincoln memorial by now if there was no security.

Imagine the MLK memorial?

First, congressional conservatives, mostly in the House but sometimes with the assistance of a senator or two (especially Ted Cruz), find something they're really mad about and threaten to do something drastic.

The conservatives say unless they get what they want, they'll withhold their support for the next CR that will keep the government operating.

Their leaders, understanding the history of government shutdowns, tell them that it really won't accomplish anything and will only hurt Republican goals.

The insurgent conservatives get lots of support from right-wing talk radio, telling them to stand up for principle and stick it to all those Washington insiders.

Eventually, the CR passes, usually with the support of Democrats. The conservatives say that their leaders have betrayed them.

How the upcoming government shutdown fight will help Donald Trump

Rinse, repeat

What have Democrats offered Republicans as a compromise to avert a shutdown?

Yes they would probably clean it up. The ow crowd is a Democrat funded bunch of thugs that destroy property. Nice try though.

Clinton didn't shut down open air memorials or monuments.

Link

I said open air memorials or monuments. I don't know about parks. They do take employees to run those. I would have to look that up, but Obama made sure that veteran's wouldn't get to see the ww2 memorial. Some for the first and last time. Shame on Obama and the people that support him.

They are still under the parks system and non-essential. The government shutdown was in all the papers. Anyone visiting Washington should have checked whats open. People missed out on the Capital, museums, Washington Monument...everything in the mall. Not just the WW2 memorial was affected by the Republican shutdown

Who cares? In the end all it was was an extended vacation for government bloodsuckers.

What we should do is shut the government down to "essential" personnel, then fire the rest of them and make it permanent. Would leaches like you freak out or what? That would be comic

The president gets to choose what park gets closed. Kinda like Obama choose to close a ww2 memorial to veterans and choose to reopen it for an illegal immigrant rally.

No he doesn't

Each agency must provide a list of those jobs and functions deemed essential and those deemed non-essential
Surprisingly....Parks have been identified as a "non-essential" government function
Why didn't Clinton close it when the government shut down during his presidency?
Most likely because it didn't exist.

:rolleyes:
You got me on that one, but Clinton didn't close the park system down that I remember.
If he didn't he should have, since there's no one there to protect or maintain them.
So you're saying the best time to go party at a federal park is during a shutdown.
Gotcha. Thx. :thup:.

First, congressional conservatives, mostly in the House but sometimes with the assistance of a senator or two (especially Ted Cruz), find something they're really mad about and threaten to do something drastic.

The conservatives say unless they get what they want, they'll withhold their support for the next CR that will keep the government operating.

Their leaders, understanding the history of government shutdowns, tell them that it really won't accomplish anything and will only hurt Republican goals.

The insurgent conservatives get lots of support from right-wing talk radio, telling them to stand up for principle and stick it to all those Washington insiders.

Eventually, the CR passes, usually with the support of Democrats. The conservatives say that their leaders have betrayed them.

Rinse, repeat

Continuing resolution allows continued funding at current levels

What is there to compromise? You either pass it or not

Rinse, repeat

Right, they "compromised" by offering to get their own way, exactly my point

Link

What we should do is shut the government down to "essential" personnel, then fire the rest of them and make it permanent. Would leaches like you freak out or what? That would be comic

If that is what you want

You would lose all Government procurement, social security and medicare processing, veterans support.....

Rinse, repeat

What is there to compromise in a Continuing Resolution?

Compromise takes place in the budget process

If that is what you want

You would lose all Government procurement, social security and medicare processing, veterans support.....

Wow, veterans support it? What about nuns and social workers? What do they support?

Well the democrats would loot it and burn it down.

Rinse, repeat

What is there to compromise in a Continuing Resolution?

Compromise takes place in the budget process

BTW, the continuing resolution was not at "current" spending levels

Well the democrats would loot it and burn it down.

Democrats are like my wife. If I say no, then give in, I get no credit because I resisted rather than giving her her way the first time. Republicans resist then cave, then they were the ones who wouldn't compromise

No he doesn't

Why didn't Clinton close it when the government shut down during his presidency?

You got me on that one, but Clinton didn't close the park system down that I remember.
If he didn't he should have, since there's no one there to protect or maintain them.
So you're saying the best time to go party at a federal park is during a shutdown.
Probably. That's why they put barricades around the monuments. To protect them during the shutdown.

Its strange....the Republicans control Congress now and the only tool they have in their toolbox is the threat of shutting down government

Then they are outraged when services are not available.
"What do you mean the park is closed?"

No he doesn't

What makes you surprised that parks are not an essential function function of government.
In fact, the NPS should be defunded and disbanded. The parks returned to the States.

Probably. That's why they put barricades around the monuments. To protect them during the shutdown.
No. The barricades were a message. Obama's middle finger.

Forum List

Back