How to Become a Freelancer

Klaus

Rookie
Aug 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for some tips on becoming a freelancer (I'm mostly interested in writing), does anyone have any good sources on that? I don't have any experience as a freelancer, and basically so far I've only found something like this. What's the best place for a complete beginner to start?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for some tips on becoming a freelancer (I'm mostly interested in writing), does anyone have any good sources on that? I don't have any experience as a freelancer, and basically so far I've only found something like this. What's the best place for a complete beginner to start?

Thanks

At first, in which area do you want to work? And what's about your experience in general?

Hi everyone,

Thanks
  • Slogan Slingers helps companies create slogan contests in which their registered writers compete. It’s free to sign up as a writer, and the company claims you can “make up to $999 per contest (minus our small admin fee).”
  • Get a Slogan is a “crowd-sourcing platform that brings in custom, creative and catchy slogans from a variety of sloganeers.” Companies come to them for help, and writers submit their ideas. It’s free to sign up, but you initially have only “qualifying” status. Once you obtain “qualified” status, you’ll receive $50 for each of your winning slogans.
  • Freelancer.com has a section devoted to slogan-writing projects, which are sometimes run as contests. For example, at the moment a personal injury law firm is offering $150 for the best “unique and memorable tagline/slogan.
pennyhoarder.com

Write write write - two posts in all this time ain't gonna help.

I want to start writing but where do I start? : FAQs • Writing Forum | WritersDigest.com

Daily Writing Tips

"You ask if your verses are good. You ask me. You have previously asked others. You send them to journals. You compare them with other poems, and you are troubled when certain editors reject your efforts. Now (as you have permitted me to advise you) I beg you to give all that up. You are looking outwards, and of all things that is what you must now not do. Nobody can advise and help you, nobody. There is only one single means. Go inside yourself. Discover the motive that bids you write; examine whether it sends its roots down to the deepest places of your heart, confess to yourself whether you would have to die if writing were denied you." Rainier Maria Rilke

There are a lot of options. I know that many work as copywriters (write articles for money), some are engaged in translations. There are many people who are engaged in creating websites and applications (but in my opinion there is a lot of competition and it takes a long time to learn). I have an online store. I do not consider myself a freelancer, but many think that this is so. On the topic of creating a website here is the link. If in your understanding freelancing is a remote job with a free schedule.

Forum List

Back