How to eat 30 plant foods a week.

expat500

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2012

The power of 30 plants a week​

You might have heard about the idea of eating 30 plant foods a week to improve your health. It comes from research by The American Gut Project, where a large study in 2018 across the US, UK and Australia revealed that people who had a diet with more plant diversity – specifically 30 different plant foods a week – had better gut health and better gut microbe diversity than those who consumed fewer than ten. They also found that people who were consuming more fibre, as well as more fermented foods, had better gut health.

I think that would be pretty tough to do.
I was roughly counting up how many we eat in an avg. week... it is about 10-12.
Mostly... carrots/green beans/tomato/peas/spinach/green leafy lettuce/zucchini/black beans/onions/green onions/jalepeno/white or red or yellow potatoes/sweet potato/corn.... others.
I am not even half way with that. It would cost a fortune, and you would throw most of it away because it would go bad.

I think that would be pretty tough to do.
I was roughly counting up how many we eat in an avg. week... it is about 10-12.
Mostly... carrots/green beans/tomato/peas/spinach/green leafy lettuce/zucchini/black beans/onions/green onions/jalepeno/white or red or yellow potatoes/sweet potato/corn.... others.
I am not even half way with that. It would cost a fortune, and you would throw most of it away because it would go bad.
plant a garden and it good be real cheap if not free,,

and you can always sell the excess

Screenshot_20240601-234126-794.png

Forum List

Back