How To Kill an Entitlement... Let Obamacare implode..

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide

As I watched the vote last night it occurred to me that everyone failed last night.

The republicans failed because they played partisan bickering politics. John McCain just gave the whole lot of them cover because he has nothing further to lose. His days are numbered. WE had 7 years to get our shit together and be a cohesive team and we failed.

The democrats failed because when they passed this pile of crap they did it on their own and now they will have no one to blame but themselves when this thing dies later this year and over 5 million lose their insurances in December. No one is talking about that however, but these companies have told us they are pulling out of over 14 states and over 280 counties nation wide.

IN an upcoming election year its going to be the ones who can show who are responsible for the huge crash coming that will pick up seats in both houses.

With both sides taking their balls and going home, unwilling to work with each other, its going to be a massive failure. The only way we as Americans survive the coming crash is to tell the fed to go pound sand and elect new blood who are not ingrained in Washington drivel..

I lost my insurance when Obamacare was enacted and I have been unable to obtain reasonable insurance anywhere since.

Let the damn thing implode and force everyone off of the public dole.. Democrats own this pile of crap and they should be made to wear it around their necks like a millstone. I for one will loudly and clearly place the blame where it belongs.. On democrats first and then republicans who haven't got the balls to kill it.. These ignorant bastards are thinking of their own power and not those who employ them.

Time to tar and feather the swampers in DC and run them out on a rail..

The government, and most especially the POTUS' job is to fix things, not let them implode. Trump's exhortation to that effect is, AFAIC, an unmitigated dereliction of his duty as POTUS. Trump doesn't need to embrace O-care, but he does have an obligation not to allow millions of Americans to suffer as a result of O-care's inadequacies.

Presidents get to "inherit" the glory accruing from the positive things their predecessor wrought, but they also "inherit" the onus to correct the shortcomings.

Last edited:
I'd ask to get Trump, Cruz and Sheila Jackson Lee in the same room. SJL wants prison reform and abolishing the death penalty and defending sanctuary and amnesty policies. Cruz wants tax reform and is backed by Tea Party Conservatives who want the Constitution enforced.

so cut a deal where the Dems and GOP agree to give Dems the green light to reform prisons and give taxpayers a choice not to fund the death penalty or wars but pay into universal health care, converting prisons and sweatshops into medical programs and clinics, and create LEGAL JOBS for all immigrants who want to help do this renovation and reform work turning prisons into medical care facilities.

The GOP can fund health care reforms by taking on the VA and starting there.

And any shortfall in budget can be covered by (1) parties or taxpayers MICROLENDING to business plans for sustainable health care that the liberal Greens and Democrats can borrow capital to finance these developing programs.
(2) applying credits from restitution from crimes, from corporate abuses of taxpayer money owed back to the public, from organized trafficking or other illegal immigration/labor violations for which fines or labor-hours are owed.

So challenge the parties to set up a system of crediting back taxpayers for crimes and abuses that have cost us millions per state or case, if not billions or trillions collectively, and either taxpayers can lend money to cover these costs that will be reinvested in reforms, or people who owe labor or fines from violations can work off their debts under a registered program (similar to course credits or work-study programs through academic institutions that have to be accredited through the state to be valid).

www.earnedamnesty.org

As I watched the vote last night it occurred to me that everyone failed last night.

The republicans failed because they played partisan bickering politics. John McCain just gave the whole lot of them cover because he has nothing further to lose. His days are numbered. WE had 7 years to get our shit together and be a cohesive team and we failed.

The democrats failed because when they passed this pile of crap they did it on their own and now they will have no one to blame but themselves when this thing dies later this year and over 5 million lose their insurances in December. No one is talking about that however, but these companies have told us they are pulling out of over 14 states and over 280 counties nation wide.

IN an upcoming election year its going to be the ones who can show who are responsible for the huge crash coming that will pick up seats in both houses.

With both sides taking their balls and going home, unwilling to work with each other, its going to be a massive failure. The only way we as Americans survive the coming crash is to tell the fed to go pound sand and elect new blood who are not ingrained in Washington drivel..

I lost my insurance when Obamacare was enacted and I have been unable to obtain reasonable insurance anywhere since.

Let the damn thing implode and force everyone off of the public dole.. Democrats own this pile of crap and they should be made to wear it around their necks like a millstone. I for one will loudly and clearly place the blame where it belongs.. On democrats first and then republicans who haven't got the balls to kill it.. These ignorant bastards are thinking of their own power and not those who employ them.

Not everyone failed. Donald Trump continued to win because nobody is blaming him for the failure to repeal Obamacare right now. He ran on that platform and stuck with it, even some of those turncoat Republicans in Congress let him down.

Gut the drug war to pay for health care, right wingers!

So what are your plans as Obamacare begins to implode and American families are suffering and facing financial ruin?
Just let them suffer?

What do you intend to do once it has completely collapsed? Republicans control government right now and are unable to put together a plan that their party can agree on. What makes you think they can do it when it is really needed?

Not everyone failed. Donald Trump continued to win because nobody is blaming him for the failure to repeal Obamacare right now. He ran on that platform and stuck with it, even some of those turncoat Republicans in Congress let him down.
Lack of leadership on our Presidents part

He has no knowledge or interest in what Obamacare actually does and no knowledge or interest in any of the Republican plans

I'd ask to get Trump, Cruz and Sheila Jackson Lee in the same room. SJL wants prison reform and abolishing the death penalty and defending sanctuary and amnesty policies. Cruz wants tax reform and is backed by Tea Party Conservatives who want the Constitution enforced.

so cut a deal where the Dems and GOP agree to give Dems the green light to reform prisons and give taxpayers a choice not to fund the death penalty or wars but pay into universal health care, converting prisons and sweatshops into medical programs and clinics, and create LEGAL JOBS for all immigrants who want to help do this renovation and reform work turning prisons into medical care facilities.

The GOP can fund health care reforms by taking on the VA and starting there.

And any shortfall in budget can be covered by (1) parties or taxpayers MICROLENDING to business plans for sustainable health care that the liberal Greens and Democrats can borrow capital to finance these developing programs.
(2) applying credits from restitution from crimes, from corporate abuses of taxpayer money owed back to the public, from organized trafficking or other illegal immigration/labor violations for which fines or labor-hours are owed.

So challenge the parties to set up a system of crediting back taxpayers for crimes and abuses that have cost us millions per state or case, if not billions or trillions collectively, and either taxpayers can lend money to cover these costs that will be reinvested in reforms, or people who owe labor or fines from violations can work off their debts under a registered program (similar to course credits or work-study programs through academic institutions that have to be accredited through the state to be valid).

www.earnedamnesty.org

Great idea. It will never happen. At best, they will work together on ONE issue at a time, and I use the word together lightly. A few tweaks to Obamacare is the best to be hoped for right now.

This is the platform he ran on.. In what way did he stick with this?

So what are your plans as Obamacare begins to implode and American families are suffering and facing financial ruin?
Just let them suffer?

What do you intend to do once it has completely collapsed? Republicans control government right now and are unable to put together a plan that their party can agree on. What makes you think they can do it when it is really needed?
Vote blue not red!

He has no knowledge or interest in what Obamacare actually does and no knowledge or interest in any of the Republican plans

What are the Republican's plans? To continue the policies of Barack Obama?

Every one of those Republicans ran on a platform of repealing Obamacare, and not a single one of them even voted for it when it was passed. Donald Trump also ran on the platform of repealing Obamacare and together, they took control of the entire Congress. The problem does not lie in Trump's leadership, but rather in those Republicans who are not living to to their conservative values.

I am already working on the campaign to see my state's Democratic Senator replaced by a conservative Republican in the next midterms.

Replace and repeal would have already happened, if the right were more political action and less political talk, and had The President's and One Percenter in Chief's, fine capital plan to have something to work with the right wing.

The huge problem right now is that putting the Republican party in charge is turning out to be a massive failure. They control every branch of the government and they can't lead or get anything at all done. Hopefully come 2018 America votes as many of these idiots out as possible.

The huge problem right now is that putting the Republican party in charge is turning out to be a massive failure. They control every branch of the government and they can't lead or get anything at all done. Hopefully come 2018 America votes as many of these idiots out as possible.

You're saying that you'd rather see the Democrat Party in charge? If so, what "massive failure" do you mean? Obamacare is still the law of the land, isn't it?

You're saying that you'd rather see the Democrat Party in charge? If so, what "massive failure" do you mean? Obamacare is still the law of the land, isn't it?
Your guy's public policy is, lower taxes on the rich, micromanage the tax code to benefit himself, and cut social services for the poor.

Why not end the drug war to pay for health care?

Yes I would. They would at least get something done unlike the useless GOP that runs the whole govt and apparently can't do jack shit.

Concerning the premise presented in the well written OP (nice to read something that seems genuine rather than copy-and-pasted from an article) about allowing Obamacare to implode, I just can't get away from the question: how is that working for eliminating Social Security?

Your guy's public policy is, lower taxes on the rich, micromanage the tax code to benefit himself, and cut social services for the poor.

Why not end the drug war to pay for health care?

I don't remember him ever saying while he was campaigning, that he wanted to lower taxes for upper income people, or profit from being President. The guy even donated his first quarter salary and worked for free.

I'm not sure that ending the drug war is a good idea either. Would you rather not have the AG down there in El Salvador, working with them to stop the MS-13 gang? They are one of the largest drug-running gang in this country right now but thanks to Trump, they are being rounded up and put in jail or deported.

Concerning the premise presented in the well written OP (nice to read something that seems genuine rather than copy-and-pasted from an article) about allowing Obamacare to implode, I just can't get away from the question: how is that working for eliminating Social Security?

Social Security is darned-near insolvent right now. It is estimated that it will go tits up some time in the future.

Besides, SS wasn't a nationalization of an entire industry, it was just a tax taken out of a paycheck, that was supposed to be invested. There's no "profit" in Obamacare.

Yes I would. They would at least get something done unlike the useless GOP that runs the whole govt and apparently can't do jack shit.

Well all I can tell you, is that you'll have your chance to do that in 2020. Don't blow it.

Forum List

Back