How to lower your medical bills no matter the cost.

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
How to lower your medical bills, no matter the cost

In the midst of a medical recovery, the last thing you want to deal with is an unexpectedly high medical bill. As Americans continue to pay an estimated $3.4 trillion yearly in health care costs, it’s likely that at some point we’ll all encounter a big bill from a trip to the doctor’s office or an unscheduled emergency room visit. In fact, a previous report found that 26 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 have encountered financial hardship as a result of a medical bill.

Well there is a better way...........................

In the midst of a medical recovery, the last thing you want to deal with is an unexpectedly high medical bill. As Americans continue to pay an estimated $3.4 trillion yearly in health care costs, it’s likely that at some point we’ll all encounter a big bill from a trip to the doctor’s office or an unscheduled emergency room visit. In fact, a previous report found that 26 percent of Americans between the ages of 18 and 64 have encountered financial hardship as a result of a medical bill.

The best way to lower your medical bills? Dont get sick....

The best way to lower your medical bills? Dont get sick....

Or simply die.

How to lower your medical bills?

Get someone else to pay for it...

bigstock-Hospital-Waiting-List-121745597.jpg

I found that getting a job with good health insurance works wonders.

I once called my ins co. looking for a Dr. after flying into Florida. After finding me a doctor, and making an appointment, they called back to confirm everything.

The surprise came when I was told they waived the copay. The staff said it was the first time they’ve seen that.
It’s also the first time I’ve had a doctor ask a lot of questions about where I work and what I do.

Or just come to America illegally.

How American Citizens Finance $18.5 Billion In Health Care For Unauthorized Immigrants
Nevertheless, rough estimates suggest that the nation's 3.9 million uninsured immigrants who are unauthorized likely receive about $4.6 billion in health services paid for by federal taxes, $2.8 billion in health services financed by state and local taxpayers, another $3.0 bankrolled through "cost-shifting" i.e., higher payments by insured patients to cover hospital uncompensated care losses, and roughly $1.5 billion in physician charity care.

All insurance is getting someone else to pay for it.

Both insurance and tax-funded medical plans are ways to spread the cost-risk of medical costs.

Insurance gives you a choice to pay (or not pay) for the coverage you feel you need, or feel you can afford.

Taxes forces you to pay for coverage you may not want, or provide you less coverage than you feel you might need, and takes your choices out of the equation.

The biggest difference is, no one ever went to jail for not paying their insurance bill.

It happened again when I was expecting to pay towards a $250 deductible after some recent lab work. I was told I didn’t owe anything. :)

Last edited:
Move to Italy. 3 days in. Abdominal aneurysm aorta repair. $2200 USD. Cost in The Great Satan, Inc ? 60 grand plus.

Both insurance and tax-funded medical plans are ways to spread the cost-risk of medical costs.

Insurance gives you a choice to pay (or not pay) for the coverage you feel you need, or feel you can afford.

Taxes forces you to pay for coverage you may not want, or provide you less coverage than you feel you might need, and takes your choices out of the equation.

The biggest difference is, no one ever went to jail for not paying their insurance bill.
But the tax is a lot less than the insurance and nobody was ever bankrupted for being sick.

But the tax is a lot less than the insurance and nobody was ever bankrupted for being sick.
Except in America

Except in America
So it would seem.

Except in America
So it would seem.
Before Obamacare, 750,000 a year, 500000 of whom thought they had good insurance. Quite the GOP scam.

Except in America
So it would seem.
Before Obamacare, 750,000 a year, 500000 of whom thought they had good insurance. Quite the GOP scam.
When I have been in hospital I just had to concentrate on getting better not saving my house.

The UK spends 125 Billion GBP on their healthcare system and there are 30.3 million taxpayers in the UK. That comes out to 4,125 GBP or $5,450 per taxpayer for health care.

I pay a lot less than that for my premiums and deductibles.

National health is only cost-effective if you're poor (or cheat like crazy on your taxes).

Forum List

Back