How To Teach An Atheist About Jesus Christ?

I want to find a good way to teach an Atheist the truth about Jesus Christ and God.

Atheist Characteristics:
- Easy Going
- Listens Well
- Very Stubborn
- Argues against Reality
- Believes in Life After Death
- Doesn't believe in a Creator God

I believe a soft "feelings" based method to teaching would work best? Or how about a hard core approach?

I wouldn't even attempt it. The vast majority of atheists I have known are intelligent and ethical folks already. They have examined the issue carefully, and looked for evidence, and nothing you can say will convince them otherwise. I don't worry about it in the least. We all believe what we believe for a reason, and the only way that we can be legitimately convinced otherwise, is through personal experience. I am satisfied to leave others be with whatever they believe.

That's funny.

The atheists I have met are narrow minded, self centered asswipes, who will believe that aliens come at night and probe their assholes, but jeer at anybody who states their Christian conviction.

Maybe the atheists I know actually exist, and the atheists you know exist only in your head.

That's funny.

The atheists I have met are narrow minded, self centered asswipes, who will believe that aliens come at night and probe their assholes, but jeer at anybody who states their Christian conviction.

Maybe the atheists I know actually exist, and the atheists you know exist only in your head.

Seriously? You haven't seen enough of my posts to realize that I don't just pull stuff out of my hat? I'm quite surprised at your reply to my post. Wow.

"How To Teach An Atheist About Jesus Christ?"

Those free from faith already know about your Christ, and correctly understand that 'Jesus' didn't exist as perceived by Christians.

This is also another example of Christian arrogance and hubris, the disrespect most Christians exhibit toward other faiths and those free from faith, and is an example of the worst manifestations of Christianity.

Dear CCJones:
My explanation of the meaning of Christ Jesus as Restorative Justice is
"uncondtional"

it does not depend on having faith, either relying on or rejecting whether or not God and Jesus in the Bible are real figures.

What I focus on is the process of spiritual healing and salvation from suffering
which the Bible REPRESENTS using God and Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and teachings about rebuking
and restoring relations between neighbors in good conscience or Christ. For sake of Justice which Jesus means.

Anyone can have beliefs about Justice regardless if we personify these in Jesus or not.

C_Clayton I question if you take a Retributive Justice approach,
and that is why you keep negating and rejecting others.

I notice that people who push retribution, judgment and punishment
tend to project blame outward on others, and this causes others to do the same!

Do you notice this trend also?

That attitude and approach is what determines if people are
* clashing in the spirit of Retributive Justice, which is negative and called Antichrist
because it is fear based, on unforgiveness, division between people and negative projection of blame
* correcting errors and restoring truth in the spirit of Restorative Justice
which is compatible with Christianity and heals instead of reinfects wounds and spreads ill will

Honestly CCJones do you believe you are uplifting people
to try to be better, to focus on truth and correct what is wrong?

How does attacking people's views as negative help, especially
if you criticize when Christians take this negative approach and expect others to change?

Do you see the difference in Spirit?

it is not a matter of just being Christian vs. nonchristian:
it is if you are trying to reach out to your neighbor out of respect for conscience, compassion and charitable concern.
or if you are promoting ill will, rejection and division, blame and negative perceptions back and forth.
The label or affiliation is not as important as the Spirit in which we either address and respect each other as equals.
or if we get divided and conquered with bad blood between us that doesn't help solve any of the problems we're against.

That compassion or conscience to work with other people to change
is the real difference that can heal relations and transform lives from negative to positive.

What people do you see are changing things for the better:
Do doctors heal patients by insulting them and punishing them if they don't change:
Do teachers help students to learn by being ugly and accusing them in front of others?

CCJ if you don't like Christians passing and pushing blame on others,
why would you do the same. Who or how is that helping solve this problem?

I want to find a good way to teach an Atheist the truth about Jesus Christ and God.

Atheist Characteristics:
- Easy Going
- Listens Well
- Very Stubborn
- Argues against Reality
- Believes in Life After Death
- Doesn't believe in a Creator God

I believe a soft "feelings" based method to teaching would work best? Or how about a hard core approach?

I wouldn't even attempt it. The vast majority of atheists I have known are intelligent and ethical folks already. They have examined the issue carefully, and looked for evidence, and nothing you can say will convince them otherwise. I don't worry about it in the least. We all believe what we believe for a reason, and the only way that we can be legitimately convinced otherwise, is through personal experience. I am satisfied to leave others be with whatever they believe.

That's funny.

Hi koshergrl and MaxGrit: I have met both types, both objective atheists who are reasonable to work with, and ones who are anti-theist or "militant" in reaction to pro-theists they can't forgive.

KG the common factor I have found is they follow Natural Laws:
If you treat them with respect and inclusion, they tend to reciprocate.
if you treat them with contempt and rejection, they tend to reciprocate.
Imagine that.

God's laws of reciprocity or the Golden Rule
applies equally to theists interacting with nontheists.
it is true that we are equal under law in this sense.

The nontheists also find out by experience:
* the theists they dislike are the ones that mutual reject and blame them to the same degree
* The theists they find reasonable are the ones willing to reason, listen and include them in hashing out an understand of what is true or not.

I know BOTH theists and nontheists
that fit your description, koshergrl, as fit MG's description.

Either way, we tend to attract what we give out:
If we act like jerks, people tend to treat us the same way.
If we object and correct points with reason and patience to hear each other out,
people tend to meet us halfway and try harder to work with us despite conflicts we disagree on.

Heck, even Luddly Neddite who cannot stand my msgs
will point out if a reply says something helpful, like about
saving endangered or neglected animals. If you listen
to points you can agree on, so will other people try to do the same.

It's amazing how that works, how human nature and conscience tends toward justice and connection with others.
We are all under natural laws, Jews and Gentiles alike.
it is not our label that determines our personality type.
Whether we forgive and include each other,
or reject and exclude each other, determines how we come across to others and they to us.

Emily, I am impressed at how much you write in each post. You have a noble plan for world.

I don't fear what is to be for the Lord is with me always.
All I'm able to do and know is based completely on the will of God.

God is sovereign. Humans have the appearance of free will. God is God and he is in charge.

I am just a servant and brother of Jesus Christ.

Maxgrit Steps To Salvation In Secular Terms US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I started a thread on the steps of Salvation.

I believe we need to finish Step 1 before worrying about Step 2 and 3.

Forum List

Back