How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

OK I work for the government I control the process collecting and releasing the data do you take my word?

Well, if that's true then you're lying about your location which makes me question your truthfulness. And since you've displayed zero understanding of statistics, economics, or the numbers, it seems very unlikely (especially since collection and releasing are two seperate agencies).
And since I do know the people who process and release the data (though I've never been one) and meet with them several times a year, I know for a fact you're not telling the truth.

See, actual data points relevant to the particular topic that lead to the conclusion of untrustworthiness. This does not mean you lie about everything all the time nor does it mean you don't know your actual job very well.

So you wouldn't take my word on the numbers but you will take the word of the government who is run by a person that is running for re-election? Just how partisan are you?
Not at all. I was making the same arguments against liberals when Bush was President.

And I don't take your word because I have EVIDENCE (that nast word) that you are not truthful about this. I do not have any evidence that BLS is not being truthful and I have evidence that they are.

See, it's a matter of EVIDENCE, not word.

bigreb: YOU posted GALLUP that validated the GOVERNMENT's data.

YOU, indeeded, MURDERED your own OP.

FAIL.

Well, if that's true then you're lying about your location which makes me question your truthfulness. And since you've displayed zero understanding of statistics, economics, or the numbers, it seems very unlikely (especially since collection and releasing are two seperate agencies).
And since I do know the people who process and release the data (though I've never been one) and meet with them several times a year, I know for a fact you're not telling the truth.

See, actual data points relevant to the particular topic that lead to the conclusion of untrustworthiness. This does not mean you lie about everything all the time nor does it mean you don't know your actual job very well.

So you wouldn't take my word on the numbers but you will take the word of the government who is run by a person that is running for re-election? Just how partisan are you?
Not at all. I was making the same arguments against liberals when Bush was President.

And I don't take your word because I have EVIDENCE (that nast word) that you are not truthful about this. I do not have any evidence that BLS is not being truthful and I have evidence that they are.

You were arguing with liberals?...... RIGHT SURE YEP GOT IT

And I don't take your word because I have EVIDENCE (that nast word) that you are not truthful about this.
You have no evidence to show that obama's labor department and census department do not manipulate the data they receive. There is not oversight out side of the government control. NONE. Gallops numbers are higher than obama's government manipulated numbers.

Go back and read the range of error in the two survey samples.

Yeah, bigreb, once again (but did we have any doubt), you blew up your own OP.

Go back and read the range of error in the two survey samples.

Yeah, bigreb, once again (but did we have any doubt), you blew up your own OP.

why do you continue to post meaningless bullshit?
Nothing you have posted is relevant.

Which is higher THE GOVERNMENTS 8.2
or
GALLOPS 9.1?
You defend obama way too much.

Read the range of samples, please, not the extremes.

Will someone explain to him why that is important?

Last edited:
Why is gallops numbers higher than obama's numbers?
They are not when you compare the apples to apples, which dishonest CON$ never do, like the monthly Gallup UNADJUSTED rate to the same month's BLS UNADJUSTED rate!!!

Gallup unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.6%

U.S. Unemployment Up, to 8.6% in January

BLS unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.8%

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

Don't you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself??????
Which is highers obama's reported 8.2
or Gallops 9.1?

Why is gallops numbers higher than obama's numbers?
They are not when you compare the apples to apples, which dishonest CON$ never do, like the monthly Gallup UNADJUSTED rate to the same month's BLS UNADJUSTED rate!!!

or Gallops 9.1?
The BLS 8.8% rate is higher than the Gallup 8.6% rate for the SAME month. What month is Gallup's 9.1 rate???? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's not the same month as the BLS 8.2%, and it probably isn't even a monthly rate at that. As I said CON$ are always too DISHONEST to compare apples to apples!!! :eusa_liar:

And I don't take your word because I have EVIDENCE (that nast word) that you are not truthful about this.
You have no evidence to show that obama's labor department and census department do not manipulate the data they receive.
And you have no evidence showing they do. They're methodology, the oversight and scrutiny they receive from the media and academia, the sheer size of the conspiracy that would be necessary, that past investigations show no wrong-doing, all lead to the conclusion that thru're not.

There is not oversight out side of the government control. NONE. Gallops numbers are higher than obama's government manipulated numbers.
State governments cooperate with BLS for state and local data so they could complain. Academics can get access to the raw data as well. BLS has been around over 100 years and no one has ever shown manipulation.

GALLUP's number was higher for January, though not by much when you compare the right numbers. Sometimes Galllup shows a higher number. What's your argument then?

You have no evidence to show that obama's labor department and census department do not manipulate the data they receive.
And you have no evidence showing they do. They're methodology, the oversight and scrutiny they receive from the media and academia, the sheer size of the conspiracy that would be necessary, that past investigations show no wrong-doing, all lead to the conclusion that thru're not.

There is not oversight out side of the government control. NONE. Gallops numbers are higher than obama's government manipulated numbers.
State governments cooperate with BLS for state and local data so they could complain. Academics can get access to the raw data as well. BLS has been around over 100 years and no one has ever shown manipulation.

GALLUP's number was higher for January, though not by much when you compare the right numbers. Sometimes Galllup shows a higher number. What's your argument then?

And you have no evidence showing they do.

Is obama a liar?
has obama appointed tax cheats?
Has obama appointed communist to his cabinet?
It's election year those involved want to protect their jobs and their bosses job.

OMG 9.1 is not what the government gave out 8.2 was as I said it's getting close to election year 8.2 would help win an election compared to 9.1

or Gallops 9.1?
The BLS 8.8% rate is higher than the Gallup 8.6% rate for the SAME month. What month is Gallup's 9.1 rate???? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's not the same month as the BLS 8.2%, and it probably isn't even a monthly rate at that. As I said CON$ are always too DISHONEST to compare apples to apples!!! :eusa_liar:

The latest number released from obama's labor department was 8.2

What month is Gallup's 9.1 rate???? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's not the same month as the BLS 8.2%, and it probably isn't even a monthly rate at that.
So you haven't looked at the source provided?
Why don't you look at the source.

Correction it was revised to 8.3
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

or Gallops 9.1?

What month is Gallup's 9.1 rate???? I'll bet dollars to doughnuts it's not the same month as the BLS 8.2%, and it probably isn't even a monthly rate at that.

Look at that link and find the Not seasonally adjusted rate. That's the one to compare to Gallup.

Look at that link and find the Not seasonally adjusted rate. That's the one to compare to Gallup.
Sure you've argue with liberals, dude stop it. I can smell your liberal trollness through the computer screen.
Why did the media report unemployment at 8.3?

or Gallops 9.1?

OK, as usual you won't admit you are comparing apples to oranges. Gallup's 9.1 rate is a daily, not monthly, rate for February 2012 unadjusted and the BLS 8.3 rate is the monthly adjusted rate for Jan 2012. What a surprise you are not comparing the UNADJUSTED BLS JAN 2012 rate to the UNADJUSTED Jan 2012 Gallup rate to make your false claim that Gallup's rate is higher than the BLS rate. :eusa_liar:
Don't you ever get tired of being dishonest?????

Sure you've argue with liberals, dude stop it. I can smell your liberal trollness through the computer screen.
Why did the media report unemployment at 8.3?
Because that's the official rate, seasonally adjusted to account for normal seasonal fluctuations...similar to accounting for the tide.

OK, as usual you won't admit you are comparing apples to oranges. Gallup's 9.1 rate is a daily, not monthly, rate for February 2012 unadjusted and the BLS 8.3 rate is the monthly adjusted rate for Jan 2012. What a surprise you are not comparing the UNADJUSTED BLS JAN 2012 rate to the UNADJUSTED Jan 2012 Gallup rate to make your false claim that Gallup's rate is higher than the BLS rate. :eusa_liar:
Don't you ever get tired of being dishonest?????

you still aren't looking at the source are you?

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Forum List

Back