How to Understand Obama's Unemployment Figures

Look at that link and find the Not seasonally adjusted rate. That's the one to compare to Gallup.
Sure you've argue with liberals, dude stop it. I can smell your liberal trollness through the computer screen.
Why did the media report unemployment at 8.3?
Because that's the official rate, seasonally adjusted to account for normal seasonal fluctuations...similar to accounting for the tide.

Sure yep right , obama can blow smoke up your ass if you want him too.

The latest number released from obama's labor department was 8.2

So you haven't looked at the source provided?
Why don't you look at the source.

Correction it was revised to 8.3
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf
OK, as usual you won't admit you are comparing apples to oranges. Gallup's 9.1 rate is a daily, not monthly, rate for February 2012 unadjusted and the BLS 8.3 rate is the monthly adjusted rate for Jan 2012. What a surprise you are not comparing the UNADJUSTED BLS JAN 2012 rate to the UNADJUSTED Jan 2012 Gallup rate to make your false claim that Gallup's rate is higher than the BLS rate. :eusa_liar:
Don't you ever get tired of being dishonest?????

Gallup unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.6%

U.S. Unemployment Up, to 8.6% in January

BLS unadjusted Jan 2012 rate 8.8%

Table A-15. Alternative measures of labor underutilization

you still aren't looking at the source are you?

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment
You're still playing dumb when caught lying, pretending that Jan and Feb are the same month!

Your link is a Feb 2012 daily rate, the BLS has given no rates for Feb 2012. My links are BOTH monthly rates for the same month, Jan 2012 and both are unadjusted!!!

OK, as usual you won't admit you are comparing apples to oranges. Gallup's 9.1 rate is a daily, not monthly, rate for February 2012 unadjusted and the BLS 8.3 rate is the monthly adjusted rate for Jan 2012. What a surprise you are not comparing the UNADJUSTED BLS JAN 2012 rate to the UNADJUSTED Jan 2012 Gallup rate to make your false claim that Gallup's rate is higher than the BLS rate. :eusa_liar:
Don't you ever get tired of being dishonest?????

You're still playing dumb when caught lying, pretending that Jan and Feb are the same month!

Your link is a Feb 2012 daily rate, the BLS has given no rates for Feb 2012. My links are BOTH monthly rates for the same month, Jan 2012 and both are unadjusted!!!

I suggest you look at the link instead of reading the link title.

So here is the Employment Situation report from February of last year:

Among the marginally attached, there were 1.0 million discouraged workers in January, about the same as a year earlier.

:eek:

You mean the number of discouraged workers has not changed in TWO years!?!

Say it ain't so!

I don't mind raining on your parade of praise, but those numbers from the government are suspicious being it's obama's government that has produced those numbers, after all that is the purpose of this thread.
The numbers are not from Obama, they are from the Bureau of Labor. If you intend to become a citizen, you will need to learn about our government AND our language.

So here is the Employment Situation report from February of last year:

:eek:

You mean the number of discouraged workers has not changed in TWO years!?!

Say it ain't so!

I don't mind raining on your parade of praise, but those numbers from the government are suspicious being it's obama's government that has produced those numbers, after all that is the purpose of this thread.
The numbers are not from Obama, they are from the Bureau of Labor. If you intend to become a citizen, you will need to learn about our government AND our language.

The labor department is not an independent institution. obama appointed the secretary of labor he also appointed the census director. It is his departments that issue the numbers therefore those are his numbers.

They are his numbers in the sense that he is president of the United States.

You have given evidence in the Gallup poll that supports the US numbers.

Admit fail and move on, bigrebnc. More than usual, you have revealed truly your numbskull ability.

And how exactly does that change the fact that you are DISHONESTLY comparing Gallup's daily unadjusted survey from Feb 16, 2012 to the BLS monthly seasonally adjusted Jan 2012 rate??????? BLS has released no Feb 2012 data to honestly compare to Gallup's Feb 2012 data.

Again, If you compare the SAME unadjusted rate for the SAME month, Gallup is LOWER than the BLS, and you have stated that Gallup has nothing to do with Obama.

And how exactly does that change the fact that you are DISHONESTLY comparing Gallup's daily unadjusted survey from Feb 16, 2012 to the BLS monthly seasonally adjusted Jan 2012 rate??????? BLS has released no Feb 2012 data to honestly compare to Gallup's Feb 2012 data.

Again, If you compare the SAME unadjusted rate for the SAME month, Gallup is LOWER than the BLS, and you have stated that Gallup has nothing to do with Obama.

As I said you need to look at the source it's not just one day data., it goes day by day and not once dose the data go below 9.0 And right now the U6 NUMBER IS SHOWING AT 19.1%

They are his numbers in the sense that he is president of the United States.

You have given evidence in the Gallup poll that supports the US numbers.

Admit fail and move on, bigrebnc. More than usual, you have revealed truly your numbskull ability.
Gallop poll numbers are higher than obama's numbers

Ignoring me, bigrebnc, does not mean you still have fail on the OP.

You have a massive fail.

As I said you need to look at the source it's not just one day data., it goes day by day and not once dose the data go below 9.0 And right now the U6 NUMBER IS SHOWING AT 19.1%
Again you lie, on Jan 11 2012 Gallup is 8.2%.

And again, when you compare apples to apples, MONTHLY rates to monthly rates and UNADJUSTED data to unadjusted data, Gallup poll numbers are LOWER than the BLS.

Again you lie, on Jan 11 2012 Gallup is 8.2%.

And again, when you compare apples to apples, MONTHLY rates to monthly rates and UNADJUSTED data to unadjusted data, Gallup poll numbers are LOWER than the BLS.

I made a mistake stupid, is that what you call a lie? Making a mistake is not lying. I see it did drop below 9.0. How ever what is the rate as of Feb 2012? You are so desperate to debunk anything against obama. You're defending people who control all aspects of the information with no verification of the information. You are acting as if you have a vested interest in obama.

Last edited:
Latest Congressional Budget Outlook For 2012-2022 Released, Says Real Unemployment Rate Is 10%

What do the NAR, Consumer Confidence and CBO forecasts have in common? If you said, "they are all completely worthless" you are absolutely correct. Alas, the market needs to "trade" off numbers, which is why the just released CBO numbers apparently are important... And the fact that the CBO predicted negative $2.5 trillion in net debt by 2011 back in 2011 is largely ignored. Anyway, here are some of the highlights.
  • 2012 Deficit: $1.1 trillion; 2013 Deficit: $0.6 - yes, we are cackling like mad too...
  • Unemployment to remain above 8% in 2012 and 2013; will be around 7% by end of 2015; to drop to 5.25% by end of 2022.
    • This forecast is utterly idiotic and is completely unattainable unless the US workforce drops to all time lows and the US economy generates 300,000 jobs a month for 10 years
  • Needless to say, CBO assumes the best of all worlds in this meaningless forecast
  • But here is the kicker: "Had that portion of the decline in the labor force participation rate since 2007 that is attributable to neither the aging of the baby boomers nor the downturn in the business cycle (on the basis of the experience in previous downturns) not occurred, the unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2011 would have been about 1¼ percentage points higher than the actual rate of 8.7 percent" translation: CBO just admitted that the BLS numbers are bogus and real unemployment is 10%. Thank you

"Downturn in business cycle"...meaning Obama's war on the private sector, and class warfare.:eusa_whistle:

Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Series Id: LNS11300000
Seasonally Adjusted
Series title: (Seas) Labor Force Participation Rate
Labor force status: Civilian labor force participation rate
Type of data: Percent or rate

February2012.gif

Seasonally Adjusted

February2012.gif

Is that why the unemployment is dropping? Shrinking labor force?

Seasonally Adjusted

February2012.gif

Is that why the unemployment is dropping? Shrinking labor force?

Yes...and over a million jobs have been wiped off the books. They don't exist any longer. By design.

Obama's admin may be cooking the books, but bigrebnc offers no proof of it.

The stuff he offers by Gallup supports the admin.

This is nothing more of a colossal bigreb fail, much as his own evidence in the Hitler thread created a bigreb fail.

He is the only person on this Board that continually gives evidence that contradicts his own OP.

Obama's admin may be cooking the books, but bigrebnc offers no proof of it.

The stuff he offers by Gallup supports the admin.

This is nothing more of a colossal bigreb fail, much as his own evidence in the Hitler thread created a bigreb fail.

He is the only person on this Board that continually gives evidence that contradicts his own OP.

Could we dispense with the wrongly used Hitler reference?

Forum List

Back