How ugly could it get? Trump faces echoes of 1929 in coronavirus crisis.

I don't want to be anti-government, but in a capitalist country there is only so much the government can do.
COVID-19 is a bad flu. We need to take precautions, but goddamn, the country needs to function.
The old folks need to shelter, and the young folks need to work.
If you have any health conditions stay home and collect unemployment.

We had a $14T economy. So whatever the government thinks it can do, it can't.
So lets giove this a week or two and then say, OK, we're as good as we can be, so lets get back to work.

That's my general philosophy as well. There is going to be some casualties. Those most at risk, must remain in quarantine. Once the vaccine is produced, this can go away in a relatively quick manner if it hasn't already.

I'm not saying that cash injection into the economy is bad, it's needed. However, when Romney and Biden are both saying the same things...well...one has to be sure it's done right. The last thing you want is meddling in the economy with a stimulus and it not having the intended effect as it wasn't planned right.

Trump Has No Idea Who Fired His Pandemic Response Team
theintercept.com › 2020/03/14 › trump-says-no-idea-pandemic-respo...

4 days ago - President Donald Trump denied on Friday that he was in any way responsible for his administration’s failure to make coronavirus testing widely available, and professed to have absolutely no idea who had disbanded the White House pandemic response team two years ago (John Bolton ...
Do you think they disappeared in thin air? Lol we have to make cuts,, they were brought back Easy.. wake up

We knew the lying was always an issue. Somehow, for some reason, so many accepted it, just shook it off, only smirking at it.

Why, because the stock market was good? No one is certain why, the lies were accepted, but they were.

Now we’ve been lied to ( repeatedly as usual) about the virus.
Test dates, test availability,the number of tests, all to make it “appear better than it is”.

These lies are expensive. They will cost lives, many, lives, big beautiful lives.... yes, I’m using his own language to mock him about this very serious situation.
....and ironically, it’s going to cost money. AMERICA is now in a recession. This virus has crushed the world economy.

He didn’t cause the virus. But the lies are hurting US. Really hurting US all.
Let’s stop accepting, allowing the lies.
Stay safe my fellow Americans. Even republicans

I remember Trumpkins boasting that Trump would undo everything that Obama did, and I commented then that Obama's greatest achievement was the stability of the economy. Well Trump has gutted the ACA, and now, the economy is also in ruins.

Trump did say that he would run the country the way he runs his business. Trump businesses all go broke and the workers get screwed.

All right, folks. The Dow is down below 19,000 today. It's dropped over 10 percent so far today.

I'm no longer worried about a recession, I am worried about a Depression. And whether or not you are an opponent of me on this board, I just don't have the spirit to fight with anyone any more.

We are all in this together.

I don't want to be one more in a host of finger pointers. I'm done with that.

May God bless and keep every one of you.

Trump Has No Idea Who Fired His Pandemic Response Team
theintercept.com › 2020/03/14 › trump-says-no-idea-pandemic-respo...

4 days ago - President Donald Trump denied on Friday that he was in any way responsible for his administration’s failure to make coronavirus testing widely available, and professed to have absolutely no idea who had disbanded the White House pandemic response team two years ago (John Bolton ...
Do you think they disappeared in thin air? Lol we have to make cuts,, they were brought back Easy.. wake up
They were NSA ......managers.......the top dog quit......some say forced out in restructuring.....the CDC had all the staff and a larger budget than Obama............To make it clear on one issue...........Trump was looking for more cuts......and leaning on the private side more ............

Seems we are doing that now..........The Private side is getting the tests done and labs done........We need to hire some of the folks from South Korea to help get rid of the dead weight and fix this later.

I don't want to be anti-government, but in a capitalist country there is only so much the government can do.
COVID-19 is a bad flu. We need to take precautions, but goddamn, the country needs to function.
The old folks need to shelter, and the young folks need to work.
If you have any health conditions stay home and collect unemployment.

We had a $14T economy. So whatever the government thinks it can do, it can't.
So lets giove this a week or two and then say, OK, we're as good as we can be, so lets get back to work.

That's my general philosophy as well. There is going to be some casualties. Those most at risk, must remain in quarantine. Once the vaccine is produced, this can go away in a relatively quick manner if it hasn't already.

I'm not saying that cash injection into the economy is bad, it's needed. However, when Romney and Biden are both saying the same things...well...
Exactly. We have a $23T Debt already. We don't need everyone sitting around at home for a year while the economy collapses.

All right, folks. The Dow is down below 19,000 today. It's dropped over 10 percent so far today.

I'm no longer worried about a recession, I am worried about a Depression. And whether or not you are an opponent of me on this board, I just don't have the spirit to fight with anyone any more.

We are all in this together.

I don't want to be one more in a host of finger pointers. I'm done with that.

May God bless and keep every one of you.

finally a post of yours I can get behind

Yes, we ARE all in this together. And I am in the hopes that this will bring us together as a nation, putting aside our differences for the good of ALL the people as Americans.

They're talking about this going on for 18 months for goodness sake....yeah the worst is yet to come and it's not going to be pretty by a long shot.

But I'm not so sure the rich & famous are going to escape, unscathed but that's just my take on it.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going...….so chin up people, we're Americans, let's start acting like it :2up:

We knew the lying was always an issue. Somehow, for some reason, so many accepted it, just shook it off, only smirking at it.

Why, because the stock market was good? No one is certain why, the lies were accepted, but they were.

Test dates, test availability,the number of tests, all to make it “appear better than it is”.

These lies are expensive. They will cost lives, many, lives, big beautiful lives.... yes, I’m using his own language to mock him about this very serious situation.
....and ironically, it’s going to cost money. AMERICA is now in a recession. This virus has crushed the world economy.

I remember Trumpkins boasting that Trump would undo everything that Obama did, and I commented then that Obama's greatest achievement was the stability of the economy. Well Trump has gutted the ACA, and now, the economy is also in ruins.

Trump did say that he would run the country the way he runs his business. Trump businesses all go broke and the workers get screwed.
They have called in TDS reinforcements..........What are we to do.....

What were the Dem leadership doing when the 1st case of WUHAN FLU .......or Kung Flu entered the country....and how many days after was the Travel Ban to China done.........What were the Dems doing then as well.

What were the Dem leadership doing when the 1st case of WUHAN FLU .......or Kung Flu entered the country....and how many days after was the Travel Ban to China done.........What were the Dems doing then as well.

Experts wanted testing. What dems wanted, I have no idea.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is much the Government can do. You're right g5000. There is no blaming anymore. It's a world wide issue that everyone is dealing with. Stores and restaurants are all closed. Employees are being laid off. It's a really bad situation and I do believe there is a bi-partisan effort to try and help. I just don't see what can be done right now.
I dont know when, but America has to return to work

until we do things are just going to get worse

Dang, is this where you tell us it's Obama's economy?

Yes, we ARE all in this together. And I am in the hopes that this will bring us together as a nation, putting aside our differences for the good of ALL the people as Americans.

They're talking about this going on for 18 months for goodness sake....yeah the worst is yet to come and it's not going to be pretty by a long shot.

But I'm not so sure the rich & famous are going to escape, unscathed but that's just my take on it.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going...….so chin up people, we're Americans, let's start acting like it :2up:
We should use this opportunity to invest in America by moving our supply chain back here instead of china

Experts wanted testing. What dems wanted, I have no idea.

They were IMPEACHING TRUMP.......In the Senate.......When the ban was done.....they were arguing over witnesses...........

Trump was being Impeached in the Senate as he DID HIS JOB and did the Travel ban which bought us this time........Had he banned more travel from Europe maybe we'd have had more time.....The epicenter of New York came from someone from Iran though I think on that one........

We had an extra month to prepare..............I think that was a good thing........now exponential....or not is up to if the people here.........just chill out for 2 weeks.

I have a buddy who is a conspiracy theorist. He's 65. He brought up the conspiracy this is man-made to take out the elderly because there's not enough youth to support them. Interesting idea I suppose. On topic, just as well to believe it's to reduce population in general.

He's a little crazy, and very intelligent. Dude was a dry-wall taper. He looks like Billy Bob Thornton, truly missed his calling as a great comedian. He says today, "I don't mind dying, but if I'm destined to Hell I hope it's not this dining room".......Ha ha ha!....He was referring to the quarantine.

I'm more inclined to believe this is an indication of saturation. When there's too many of us, and so much filth, cause and effect. What's declared the source of Corona19 is a perfect example.

I'm just glad that we have a leader who knows what's truly important at a time like this.

upload_2020-3-18_12-23-50.png

We should use this opportunity to invest in America by moving our supply chain back here instead of china

True, but I think that's been in the works already. This virus just put it on the fast track

True, but I think that's been in the works already. This virus just put it on the fast track
The faster the better

Just think how much worse this pandemic would be if that dumbshit Crooked Hillary had won and we had a Democrat Administration.

First of all she wouldn't have closed the US to China traffic until way much too late.

Her advisor team would have been affirmative action minorities that wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

She would be using the crisis to raid the Treasury for the filthy ass Unions and Illegals.

The southern border would be a flood of Illegals.

The economy would have been a piss poor condition due to Democrat dismal economic policies, just like when that dumbass Obama was President.

Crooked Hillary would be trying to figure out away to get richer by selling government influence, just like she did when she was Secretary of State. Like giving government contracts for emergency providers that contributed to her money laundering foundation.

Thank god Trump is running the show.

Forum List

Back