🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

How was church today?

Today being Sunday I imagine some of you have gone to church today. Anyone want to share the experience? What kind of church, what was the topic, how did you feel about it, anything of interest. Please share.

Guy a couple doors down has a home church. Sign on the front door and everything. Blew my reason for never going any more. "It's too far." :)
Make sure you bring condoms. :D

Today being Sunday I imagine some of you have gone to church today. Anyone want to share the experience? What kind of church, what was the topic, how did you feel about it, anything of interest. Please share.

Catholic Mass for me. Jesus was asked what the greatest commandment is. He recited Deuteronomy and Leviticus: The greatest commandment is to love God; the second, to love one's fellow man.

In speaking of love, Father reminded us of the story of the little boy who saw an elderly neighbor weeping over the recent death of his wife. So, the boy went and sat on the old man's lap. Later, the boy's mother asked him what he had said. The little boy replied, "I didn't say anything. I just helped him cry."
Did "Father" molest the little boy? Is that how he got the story?
Glad to see you joined the thread, Taz. How was your church service today?
I go to the church of the Holy Weed. Great service today, all about peace and love.

I am Southern Baptist, but the last few weeks, I've been attending a more "counter-cultural" church (complete with hipster preacher and tattoo-covered worship team). The subject matter: eating with sinners.

I'm thinking about going back to First Baptist next week. It's where my friends are, anyway. And I've never really gone for the grunge look in church.

I went early pre-dawn before service. Wanted some time for myself and to review my goals for the coming week. I always read 1 Corinthians 13:1-13, and pray for guidance.

Know right from wrong is generally, I found, fairly easy, even if it choosing the least wrong of two wrong paths.

The difficulty comes in choosing the right because there may be something I will have to give up the which I don't want to give up.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity

You find that as a truth?
I find it as a path.

I had church on USMB today - it's almost 6:00 p.m. and I'm still testifying. It's been an awesome day! Where two or more are gathered in the LORD's name there He is! That is church, RV! Isn't it great?

God commands us to love our enemies. At least 4 in this thread thought it their duty to scandalize the deity they say does not exist, yet cannot stop hating.

How lonely it must be for some thinking when they die there is no more. It’s frightful.

The Western world has given much more than it has taken for the greater world. All the advances in science and medicine, education, government, democracy, caring for the most needy in foreign lands, defending them in wars, and just lifting the quality of life for so much of the world. And those who are ungrateful or dismissive of these can only point to the sins of Western Europe and the U.S. from centuries gone by and how other lands were colonized. Every people on every land there ever was had replaced some culture before it. Why are the explorations of Europe singled out? The good are not perfect. So why so much hate? Is it because they were far and away Christian nations that brought forth all this good and advancement? I suspect that has a great deal to do with it because Christianity seems to take almost all the criticism coming out of the elitists and secular humanists in the West.

So many who hate the faith will never give credit to that same faith for making their lives of greater comfort, joy and peace. Note: It was no coincidence the blessings upon Western ingenuity and advancements were bestowed upon Christian nations.

Last edited:

I had church on USMB today - it's almost 6:00 p.m. and I'm still testifying. It's been an awesome day! Where two or more are gathered in the LORD's name there He is! That is church, RV! Isn't it great?

Jesus gave us two ears and one mouth......just lyk.

So if two or more and gathered are also talking about the tooth fairy, does she get to sit at the same table as the LORD?

Forum List

Back