Zone1 How we repair it: White Americans’ attitudes toward reparations

I don't hate Jews. I just realize their religion is kind of messed up and makes them do stupid shit.

It's why they are hated nearly everywhere they go.
They are hated because they are God’s chosen people

You're a stubborn one Joe. I can tell why you applaud the censorship of the mob. Facts never get into your closed and narrow mind.
Sometimes you need to slap sense into people. I admit, I can't fix what's wrong with racists, but we don't have to tolerate it. Just subject them to life-ruins like they did to Scot Adams. Hey, what happened to that guy?

It will not be possible for those of your persuasion to continue to suppress the truth. Scientists are discovering genes for intelligence, and behavior. It will soon be discovered that genes for intelligence are more likely to be found in whites than blacks, and that genes for crime and illegitimacy are more likely to be found in blacks than whites.

The Human Genome has been mapped. No one has found this magic gene you talk about. Just like no one has found the gay gene.

Not sure how you can have a "gene" for monogamy, as Monogamy is actually contrary to nature. Marriage has only existed for 2500 years or so out of 230,000 years that humans have been a thing. Same thing with "Crime". We've only had legal codes for about 5000 years.

They are hated because they are God’s chosen people
There is no God. Acting like there is one who justifies your shitty behavior is a pretty quick way to get hated.

Jews are only hated by people who cannot compete with them.
Or people they've screwed over. Let's review, shall we.

Palestinians- hate them for stealing their land.
Germans (and everyone else in Europe who was happy to help) - Jews took advantage of the post-war misery after WWI and made a good scapegoat.
Russia- Jews tended to be the Tsar's tax collectors
Spain - they collaborated with the Moorish occupiers.

Now, NONE of this justifies murder. Just don't pretend it was a bunch of sore losers.

The Human Genome has been mapped. No one has found this magic gene you talk about. Just like no one has found the gay gene.
MIT Technology Review,

DNA tests for IQ are coming, but it might not be smart to take one​

Scientists have linked hundreds of genes to intelligence. One psychologist says it’s time to test school kids.
By
April 2, 2018

For decades genetic researchers have sought the hereditary factors behind intelligence, with little luck. But now gene studies have finally gotten big enough—and hence powerful enough—to zero in on genetic differences linked to IQ.

A year ago, no gene had ever been tied to performance on an IQ test. Since then, more than 500 have, thanks to gene studies involving more than 200,000 test takers. Results from an experiment correlating one million people’s DNA with their academic success are due at any time.

Sometimes you need to slap sense into people. I admit, I can't fix what's wrong with racists, but we don't have to tolerate it. Just subject them to life-ruins like they did to Scot Adams. Hey, what happened to that guy?

Dilbert 2.jpeg

MIT Technology Review,

DNA tests for IQ are coming, but it might not be smart to take one​

Scientists have linked hundreds of genes to intelligence. One psychologist says it’s time to test school kids.

If any school ever tries to do this, parents should absolutely refuse and then lynch the school board.

The last thing we need is another test for the Education Bureaucracy to screw up a kid's life before it even starts.

If any school ever tries to do this, parents should absolutely refuse and then lynch the school board.

The last thing we need is another test for the Education Bureaucracy to screw up a kid's life before it even starts.
For over a century IQ tests have proved their ability to determine who is capable of learning complex material and who is not. No method has been devised that significantly and permanently increases the IQ of a child who tests poorly at the age of seven, but many have been tried.

i know. my grandparents would use the n word frequently, and observed the back of the bus bull shit. .

i'd like to offer a vision for a better future, but my own anxiety over this next election, well, can we talk about it then?

there are as few states, ca i think, that are studying reparations. maybe they have some thoughts?
I share your anxiety even moreso because if Trump wins, we're looking at Jim Crows return.

I share your anxiety even moreso because if Trump wins, we're looking at Jim Crows return.
I voted against Trump last time. I will vote against him next time. Nevertheless, I acknowledge that for two generations Negroes have failed to disprove the assumptions that were used to justify Jim Crow.

For over a century IQ tests have proved their ability to determine who is capable of learning complex material and who is not. No method has been devised that significantly and permanently increases the IQ of a child who tests poorly at the age of seven, but many have been tried.
Horseshit.

In fact, quite the opposite is true.

IQ tests’ centrality in many schools is now slowly starting to ebb after decades of research showing their potential for racial and class bias, among other issues. IQ scores can also change significantly over time and have proven particularly unreliable for young children. As a result, more states and school districts have adopted policies and practices that downplay the role of intelligence testing in special education evaluations.

Yet the change isn’t happening fast enough for many parents and researchers who say the tests remain deeply ingrained in the work of school psychologists, in particular, and that they are still regularly misused to gauge young children’s potential and assess whether they are “worthy” of extra help or investment.

“(School psychologists) had very few tools in the beginning,” said Mary Zortman Cohen, who retired last June after working 34 years as a school psychologist in Boston, “so cognitive testing took on an outsize role in special education.”

Horseshit.

In fact, quite the opposite is true.

IQ tests’ centrality in many schools is now slowly starting to ebb after decades of research showing their potential for racial and class bias, among other issues. IQ scores can also change significantly over time and have proven particularly unreliable for young children. As a result, more states and school districts have adopted policies and practices that downplay the role of intelligence testing in special education evaluations.

Yet the change isn’t happening fast enough for many parents and researchers who say the tests remain deeply ingrained in the work of school psychologists, in particular, and that they are still regularly misused to gauge young children’s potential and assess whether they are “worthy” of extra help or investment.

“(School psychologists) had very few tools in the beginning,” said Mary Zortman Cohen, who retired last June after working 34 years as a school psychologist in Boston, “so cognitive testing took on an outsize role in special education.”
Anyone can find something on the internet they like. If there was any truth to this the race gap would have been closed. No Child Left Behind would have succeeded.

With too few exceptions to be statistically significant the illegitimate children of unmarried welfare mothers and criminals cannot be educated. The only social experiment that has ever worked is the rise in the prison population. As the prison population rose, the crime rate declined.

Anyone can find something on the internet they like. If there was any truth to this the race gap would have been closed. No Child Left Behind would have succeeded.

Wait, now you are against "stuff you find on the internet"?

The race gap hasn't been closed as quickly as we'd like because we've put in the bare minimum effort in closing it.

With too few exceptions to be statistically significant the illegitimate children of unmarried welfare mothers and criminals cannot be educated. The only social experiment that has ever worked is the rise in the prison population. As the prison population rose, the crime rate declined.

Guy, are you upset that the guys who knock up these women are getting laid and you can't?

But the question is WHY did they turn into hellholes?

Could it be because they were poorly designed, overcrowded and generally not nice to live in?
The "Projects" of the 60s all turned into drug ridden hell holes because they were filled with drug addicts who needed to commit crimes for drug money.

The "Projects" of the 60s all turned into drug ridden hell holes because they were filled with drug addicts who needed to commit crimes for drug money.

Yes, they did. Because they were inadequate for the purpose intended.

They were placed in areas away from the business districts and jobs, and no surprise, they became dens of poverty.

In fact, most people refused to live in them if they had ANY other options. Some of these places had up to 60% vacancies. They weren't sustainable, which is why most of them were torn down.

Forum List

Back