Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5th...The second half of this year will be very cold! brrr

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
How will this year rank globally? I'll say third as the second half of the year appears to be a good amount cooler then the first part.

My reasoning was 2015 had a very strong nino with a giss final temp of .87c for the year. We're about to lose our second place and I can't see how we can get it back.

.75 for 2014 should be more then beatable...I'll say .82c for the final for 2017.

https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

Does ONE year matter? The July Satellite result is available from UAH. Anomalies last 2 months are back into the range of The Pause. 0.21degC June, 0.28degC July.. Here''s the part that REALLY REALLY matters.

From Dr. Roy's site

The linear temperature trend of the global average lower tropospheric temperature anomalies from January 1979 through July 2017 is now +0.13 C/decade.

That's a real snooze if this is the apocalyptic end of the planet --- isn't it? ENTIRE SAT history is 1.3degC/Century.. So much wasted "Environmentalism".. We should get BACK to making the planet cleaner and preserving life..

Let us put it all in perspective:

1760px-All_palaeotemps.svg.png

• Banned
Does ONE year matter? The July Satellite result is available from UAH. Anomalies last 2 months are back into the range of The Pause. 0.21degC June, 0.28degC July.. Here''s the part that REALLY REALLY matters.

From Dr. Roy's site

The linear temperature trend of the global average lower tropospheric temperature anomalies from January 1979 through July 2017 is now +0.13 C/decade.

That's a real snooze if this is the apocalyptic end of the planet --- isn't it? ENTIRE SAT history is 1.3degC/Century.. So much wasted "Environmentalism".. We should get BACK to making the planet cleaner and preserving life..

This is why I believe we'll see about another 1c by 2100! Now this if you believe in mann or Hansen would be the warmest temperatures in 125 thousand years. So we have some serious sea level change in the tap.

Dumb fuck, that is totally silly. Humans, Homo Sap, have only been around for a bit over 200,000 years. And the temperature you graph predicts for 2100 is about the same as that of about 15 million years ago. There were no ice caps at either pole at that time. You find that just fine?

From Dr. Roy's site

This is why I believe we'll see about another 1c by 2100! Now this if you believe in mann or Hansen would be the warmest temperatures in 125 thousand years. So we have some serious sea level change in the tap.
I wish I could be that optimistic. I think that we will see from 2 C to 4 C by 2100.

How about a total eclipse??

How will this year rank globally? I'll say third as the second half of the year appears to be a good amount cooler then the first part.

My reasoning was 2015 had a very strong nino with a giss final temp of .87c for the year. We're about to lose our second place and I can't see how we can get it back.

.75 for 2014 should be more then beatable...I'll say .82c for the final for 2017.

https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

THEN?

The eclipse later this month? That will have no effect on the global temperature as it will only effect a very small area and for a very short time.

Yeah, I know. It's on the 21st. I always find it interesting though. I am sorry, I did not mean to hijack your thread.

From Dr. Roy's site

If the Earth is literally destroy itself because of an AVERAGE ANNUAL change of 1degC by 2100, we bought a Junker of a Planet to live on. And 1DEG is NOTHING like the original predictions of 6 or 8degC by 2100 that Hansen was scaring folks with in the 1980s. So why would I care if Hansen wants to lie and misrepresent what all those historical proxy tree thermometers can REALLY tell us about the natural range of Temperature variability on Earth?

Would the black line I placed on this chart be a good estimate of the rate of warming.
View attachment 142565

UAH HAS a version with a trend line that GIVES the numerically proper 0.13degC/decade. If you WANTED to waste time over that --- Go plot the data that UAH gives you in Excel and have EXCEL calculate the trendline. It will be 0.13degC/decade.

EDITED --- I THINK --- that MIGHT BE the UAH trendline. And if so -- it's about 0.13degC/decade.

Last edited:

The eclipse later this month? That will have no effect on the global temperature as it will only effect a very small area and for a very short time.

For a MONTHLY average -- that shadow IS very close to being measured in the 0.05degC range. Depends on when Time of Day is taken from the instruments. But just that one day change in Solar irradiation will probably show up in the second digit to the right of the decimal for the month..

Forum List

Back