HS finds out about Patriotism

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
LOL, dumb ass Libs and their idiotic political correctness, they will never learn people are sick of it

SCHOOL OFFICIAL SPARKS OUTRAGE BY REMOVING AMERICAN, POW FLAGS FROM STUDENT’S TRUCK

On May 13, school officials at South Carolina’s York Comprehensive High told senior Peyton Robinson to remove an American flag and a POW-MIA flag from this truck, then one official allegedly went out and removed the flags himself–while Peyton was still in class.

CBS News reports that Robinson was angered over the incident, because he “has several family members who served in the armed forces.”

On May 14, parents and veterans rallied outside the school, flying their own flags in outrage. WBTV 3 reports that York Comprehensive administrators decided their policy might not be best, and they announced that Robinson can fly his flags if he so chooses.

Just before noon, the school district posted the following announcement on its website:

Due to the outstanding display of patriotism through peaceful demonstration, it is apparent to us that many are not happy about this policy. School officials have reviewed the standing policy regarding flags and have decided that an exception will be made for the American flag, as long as the size of the flag(s) does not create a driving hazard.

School Official Removes American Flags from Student s Truck

That flag was made in China, and the driver of the pick-up looks like he's 50 years old. LOL!

What's important that it is the American flag and finally citizens stood up for the right to show our patriotism. I just wish there was a movement that would abolish all of these silly bans of the American flag anywhere.

What's important that it is the American flag and finally citizens stood up for the right to show our patriotism. I just wish there was a movement that would abolish all of these silly bans of the American flag anywhere.
You would have to remove retarded libs first.

Why the fuk do union educated high school teachers continue to assume that that kids they teach are as stupid as they are?

Red county in a red state. I'm tired of these unpatriotic republicans doing shit like this.

The most shocking thing about this story, is that a South Carolinan was flying the American flag instead of a traitor's flag. It should have been rewarded IMO.

"The school leaders called it a safety concern. "Anytime you get a flag of any kind flying, it creates a visual distraction," said York Comprehensive High School Principal Christopher Black."

So... they're saying there are no flags flying on their schools? That is... un-believable to me. I 100% guaranteed that every [non native] public school up here is flying not only a US, but an Alaskan flag out front - every single day of school and /most/ weekends due to various events, plus they fly them in the summer's for various sporting field time share events. It was actually the /norm/ to fly US flags on our vehicles when I went to HS...

Did Alaska fall off some crazy "helicopter protection center" bandwagon you all have going on in the lower 48 or something?

"The school leaders called it a safety concern. "Anytime you get a flag of any kind flying, it creates a visual distraction," said York Comprehensive High School Principal Christopher Black."

So... they're saying there are no flags flying on their schools? That is... un-believable to me. I 100% guaranteed that every [non native] public school up here is flying not only a US, but an Alaskan flag out front - every single day of school and /most/ weekends due to various events, plus they fly them in the summer's for various sporting field time share events. It was actually the /norm/ to fly US flags on our vehicles when I went to HS...

Did Alaska fall off some crazy "helicopter protection center" bandwagon you all have going on in the lower 48 or something?

Alaska?

Alaska?

Do you not recognize the 49th state? If you do, then you will have to provide a little more clarification regarding your question.

Alaska?

Do you not recognize the 49th state? If you do, then you will have to provide a little more clarification regarding your question.

I recognize the 49th state, of course. I was simply curious why you mentioned it. The story took place in South Carolina.

Alaska?

I recognize the 49th state, of course. I was simply curious why you mentioned it. The story took place in South Carolina.

I thought my implication was clear, but I'll try again. The school states that the reason the flags were removed is because "Anytime you get a flag of any kind flying, it creates a visual distraction." How is this considered a "safety concern" unless the lower 48 has banned all "flying flags" on school properties... AKA my "helicopter protection center" question, did the 48 do some study that found that "flying flags" was a "distraction" and thus not allowed on school property? As well as a secondary curiosity regarding if schools down there do not fly a flag - as flying them is the 100% norm up here.

Alaska?

I thought my implication was clear, but I'll try again. The school states that the reason the flags were removed is because "Anytime you get a flag of any kind flying, it creates a visual distraction." How is this considered a "safety concern" unless the lower 48 has banned all "flying flags" on school properties... AKA my "helicopter protection center" question, did the 48 do some study that found that "flying flags" was a "distraction" and thus not allowed on school property? As well as a secondary curiosity regarding if schools down there do not fly a flag - as flying them is the 100% norm up here.

Oh, my mistake. You did say it well, I just had a brain fart and didn't read it right. I apologize.

Forum List

Back