HS Students jailed for pants hanging off their behinds

I had a bet with myself that Bolivar High School would be in one of the Confederate states.
Tennessee. [...]
Yeah, one of the Confederate states, and western Tennessee in particular. I won my bet. Nothing less is expected from an area with that history.

Last edited:
I agree that if they are going to take the saggy pants so serious at school then a school uniform is in order.

They'd have to legislate a new felony first...

Sloppy wearing of a school uniform. Penalty: 10 years, no parole.

It's amazing.

Death in jail cell: Video reveals man arrested for ‘sagging pants’ left to die

Video

Newly released video shows the last moments of a Louisiana man arrested for wearing “sagging pants.” Police pile onto him shocking into submission, then leave him lying face down on the jail floor for ten minutes. When they return, he is dead.

Pretty stupid to imprison children for a fad. Have a school uniform then.

even without a uniform, most schools have a dress code.

Well if they are going to take this SO seriously, then they need to have a uniform. It is utterly disgusting to put a person in jail because of a clothing fad.

There are a lot of printed t-shirts not allowed in schools and certain types of tank tops. Even some sneekers are not permitted in some dress codes.

It might vary from school to school but there is a set of approved suggestions for dress codes in public schools. My spouse sat on the school board when our daughters were in high school dealing with dress codes.

Forum List

Back