Huckabee Backs Denying Abortion To 10-Year-Old Raped By Stepfather

We decided that being together was better than one raising our children alone. I lost one early and nearly died from our second. As much as I love my children, I would have chosen life and adoption.

Our instructions were made clear to my doctors and family.

We each did what we feel is best, not because someone forced us to. We had that choice. Why should anyone take that from other women or victims of rape?

They have the right to choose, just as you and your wife did.

Each woman has to make the decision that is best for her, not because others force her one way or the other.

When a women gets pregnant, it's no longer just "her" body. If a woman does not want to have a baby, there are solutions other than getting an abortion. But that would require taking some responsibility.

Not always. Just because the girl give up the child to the state does not mean the child can be adopted.

Just giving birth and give the child away does not mean the victim or the child cannot still be held hostage.

There are ALWAYS alternatives to abortion. Stop making excuses.
Sure there are. And the pregnant woman gets to decide which one she wants.
Does it turn you on thinking about abortion?

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
:cuckoo:

^^^ I don't have a reason to use the ignore feature because you people do not bother me, but you have made it as clear as crystal glass that I and people like me bother you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

You people? Obviously you are bothered, or you wouldn't have responded making false allegations.....and people like you don't bother me, I just can't understand how they can be so full of themselves they feel everyone should think like them even when their thinking is terribly flawed. That's why I bothered to set you straight, not that it will make a difference.

If it meant saving your wife's life, would you have prevented or ended the pregnancy so the two of your could have raised your children together? Could you have been happy with just the three kids if it meant keeping your wife?

It is not a question of you not loving your children, but would you have changed things for the love of your wife, for her life?

You could always have adopted if you wanted more children.

Abortion is not about killing children, but caring for the life of the woman and what she needs or wants.
Children should be brought into the world when they are loved and wanted, not as an accident or violation.

It is not about denying life but choosing when to give life. When is it best for both mother and child.

We knew it was a risky pregnancy and we were both wiling to take that risk. We knew the option of abortion was there, we chose not to go that route. I have no regrets and would not have done anything differently.

We decided that being together was better than one raising our children alone. I lost one early and nearly died from our second. As much as I love my children, I would have chosen life and adoption.

We each did what we feel is best, not because someone forced us to. We had that choice. Why should anyone take that from other women or victims of rape?

Each woman has to make the decision that is best for her, not because others force her one way or the other.

When a women gets pregnant, it's no longer just "her" body. If a woman does not want to have a baby, there are solutions other than getting an abortion. But that would require taking some responsibility.

Not always. Just because the girl give up the child to the state does not mean the child can be adopted.

Just giving birth and give the child away does not mean the victim or the child cannot still be held hostage.

Yeah....that don't involve carrying it to term and delivering? In what planet do you live?

If she had not had a c-section a few weeks before term they both would have died. She was too small to give birth naturally.

Two lives would have been lost instead of just the fetus with an abortion, and the girl would still have had her childhood and time to grow to womanhood before having children.

Now there is a child raising a child, without the support of parents.

Where is the logic?

The logic is there are too many "if's".

The mother nor the baby died.

Are you certain that no one is there to help the take care of the newborn?

It's amazing the lengths one goes to, to justify the taking of an innocent life.

Step father is in jail and now that she has given birth, so is her mother.

>>Erika Guevara, Americas director at Amnesty International, said in a statement that Mainumby was “lucky to be alive”, adding that “only time will tell the true extent of the physical and psychological consequences of her tragic ordeal”.

“The fact that Mainumby did not die does not excuse the human rights violations she suffered at the hands of the Paraguayan authorities, who decided to gamble with her health, life and integrity despite overwhelming evidence that this pregnancy was extremely risky,” she said.<<

Now the girls lawyer wants to place both girls back into the care of the mother who let the girl be abused by the step-father.

600 girls under the age of 14 give birth each year in Paraguay. How is this moral?

Human rights organization, including UN, officials spoke out for the right of the girl to have an abortion.

There was nothing good that came from this. So many lives in turmoil just to deny a child her childhood after being raped.

No rape victim should be denied the option of an abortion. No child not conceived in love should be forced on a woman/girl.

Sad situation when a person feels that killing an innocent life is the answer.

Can you imagine that the girl in Paraguay might in ten years from now be face to face with her rapist demanding his rights to the child or being forced to marry him and share a life with her rapist?
I don't know paraguay law, but in the US it could happen. You really think a victim should be faced with that in her future? No way to get her rapist out of her life?

It is one thing to be a rape victim of some random attack and another to know your rapist. A child raped for months or years having to be anywhere near the rapist ever again? To see the rapist in the face of the child? To be forced to share custody even while he is in jail? To be obligated by the court to take the child to see the rapist?

OMG! A swear the intelligence and the knowledge about women who have been victims of rape is next to nil, at least it seem that way judging by some of the posters.

No victim of rape wants to be reminded over and over of the rape. A girl or woman has be free to heal and move beyond and pick up the pieces of her life. Not nine month later or nineteen years later. The idea of being connected to the rapist is disgusting. I would have run in front of a bus. To meet him again, even the chance, to awaken the horrors all over again and be terrified and traumatized like it was just yesterday. That is insane.

Anyone that thinks a rape victim can wait nine month and just get beyond the rape is down right bonkers.

No rape victim should have to give birth and legally she is given the option of an abortion. No woman should ever have to live through a rape and she certainly should not have to be reminded over and over of what she experienced.

Most rape is by a man she or the family knows not some stranger. I'd shoot the man if I could and plead insanity. The though of seeing the man again would send chills down my spine. In some case where the girl might know the person, not report it and chance to meet the man in a social setting and not able to scream or attack him? In some places there is statute of limitation to report or charge the man.

The details and ifs and ors of every case should not be hashed out. This is not a law class.

No one should take the access of abortions away from the woman.

Yea I see that happening. SMH

You clearly must have been raped before and felt compelled to kill the baby.

If you are a man, you have no right to even be giving your damn opinion. When you are able to get pregnant then you can insert your 2 cents.

We knew it was a risky pregnancy and we were both wiling to take that risk. We knew the option of abortion was there, we chose not to go that route. I have no regrets and would not have done anything differently.

Why only women? They didn't get pregnant by themselves.

Yeah....that don't involve carrying it to term and delivering? In what planet do you live?

Where did I suggest it didn't involve carrying the baby to term and delivering? I live on a planet that is infested with stupid people like you.

It's amazing the lengths one goes to, to justify the taking of an innocent life.

>>Erika Guevara, Americas director at Amnesty International, said in a statement that Mainumby was “lucky to be alive”, adding that “only time will tell the true extent of the physical and psychological consequences of her tragic ordeal”.

“The fact that Mainumby did not die does not excuse the human rights violations she suffered at the hands of the Paraguayan authorities, who decided to gamble with her health, life and integrity despite overwhelming evidence that this pregnancy was extremely risky,” she said.<<

Now the girls lawyer wants to place both girls back into the care of the mother who let the girl be abused by the step-father.

600 girls under the age of 14 give birth each year in Paraguay. How is this moral?

Human rights organization, including UN, officials spoke out for the right of the girl to have an abortion.

There was nothing good that came from this. So many lives in turmoil just to deny a child her childhood after being raped.

No rape victim should be denied the option of an abortion. No child not conceived in love should be forced on a woman/girl.

Can you imagine that the girl in Paraguay might in ten years from now be face to face with her rapist demanding his rights to the child or being forced to marry him and share a life with her rapist?
I don't know paraguay law, but in the US it could happen. You really think a victim should be faced with that in her future? No way to get her rapist out of her life?

It is one thing to be a rape victim of some random attack and another to know your rapist. A child raped for months or years having to be anywhere near the rapist ever again? To see the rapist in the face of the child? To be forced to share custody even while he is in jail? To be obligated by the court to take the child to see the rapist?

OMG! A swear the intelligence and the knowledge about women who have been victims of rape is next to nil, at least it seem that way judging by some of the posters.

No victim of rape wants to be reminded over and over of the rape. A girl or woman has be free to heal and move beyond and pick up the pieces of her life. Not nine month later or nineteen years later. The idea of being connected to the rapist is disgusting. I would have run in front of a bus. To meet him again, even the chance, to awaken the horrors all over again and be terrified and traumatized like it was just yesterday. That is insane.

Anyone that thinks a rape victim can wait nine month and just get beyond the rape is down right bonkers.

No rape victim should have to give birth and legally she is given the option of an abortion. No woman should ever have to live through a rape and she certainly should not have to be reminded over and over of what she experienced.

Most rape is by a man she or the family knows not some stranger. I'd shoot the man if I could and plead insanity. The though of seeing the man again would send chills down my spine. In some case where the girl might know the person, not report it and chance to meet the man in a social setting and not able to scream or attack him? In some places there is statute of limitation to report or charge the man.

The details and ifs and ors of every case should not be hashed out. This is not a law class.

If you are a man, you have no right to even be giving your damn opinion. When you are able to get pregnant then you can insert your 2 cents.

Women don't get pregnant by themselves you moron.

If a women decides to have the baby, guess who gets to pay for the child whether he wants to or not, Where is his choice?

If you were a man, you'd still act like a little girl.

Because there can only be one final decision. The one with the uterus.

If a women decides to have the baby, guess who gets to pay for the child whether he wants to or not, Where is his choice?

At the very least, he should choose to take responsibility upon himself & ensure that the odds are greatly reduced by wearing protection, or better yet- a little cut & snip.

Lets ask the question, how many of those against abortion were victim of rape and how many kept the child and raised it to adult hood? Did any of you have to deal with the rapist during those years?

No details, just a yes to rape, yes to keeping and yes to the rapist.

If you were, good for you, not many people could do that. If not, shut the F up. You have no right to object to what the victim decides.
And you have no right to tell other people what they can or can not stand up for.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. In other words, if you are not going to be quiet, don't expect expect anyone else to when freedom of speech is not a one way street.
OH WELL. You have no right to tell other women that the conception that took place in her body, her uterus, HER womb was placed there by YOUR God & she must adhere to YOUR god. I thank MY God, that you are in the minority.
I have the freedom to say whatever I want to whenever I want to and if you and your ilk do not like it, that is your problem.

^^^ I don't have a reason to use the ignore feature because you people do not bother me, but you have made it as clear as crystal glass that I and people like me bother you.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Naw, don't flatter yourself. It's more like, the Constitution is on our side & even though you are free to have whatever beliefs you & those like you have, your religion will never trump it, no matter how much you would like it to.
To me, the Lord is who will have the final word no matter what "laws" are passed down here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You people? Obviously you are bothered, or you wouldn't have responded making false allegations.....and people like you don't bother me, I just can't understand how they can be so full of themselves they feel everyone should think like them even when their thinking is terribly flawed. That's why I bothered to set you straight, not that it will make a difference.
To me, being written to is better than not being written at all, so your writing to me isn't a problem. Whether I should laugh or shake my head at what you have say is what is still up in the air. I can't decide which way to respond.

God bless you three always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I have the freedom to say whatever I want to whenever I want to and if you and your ilk do not like it, that is your problem.

The same applies to me......if you and your ilk don't like when I trample your gibberish, that is your problem. But, thankfully, the Constitution is on our side (my ilk)....all you have are a bunch of dowdy old white men trying to make archaic rules that concern women and go against their wishes and a bunch of moronic women going along with them.

To me, the Lord is who will have the final word no matter what "laws" are passed down here.

A lot you know about the Lord. God spoke to the Israelites, gave Moses the ten Commandments and never mentioned that abortion was a no-no, especially in the first trimester. Jews (Israelites) don't consider a fetus a person until they are born....seems to me that God would have told them not so, if he wanted the fetus to be considered a person. And, yes, God will have the last word and will probably wonder or ask you who gave you and your ilk authority to make rules he didn't ask you all to.

[QUOTE="JOSweetHeart, post: 12199375, member: 37889]
To me, the Lord is who will have the final word no matter what "laws" are passed down here.[/QUOTE]

Uh-huh. You sound just like the clerk from Kentucky who is STILL refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, because it's against her "religious beliefs" despite the fact she is violating Federal law. Her reasoning is based on "God's authority". Well, that woman now has to stand in front of a judge, & not only will he will decide whether she is in contempt & insubordination by refusing to perform the job she was hired to do; she may face fines & possible jail time. Personally, I don't want her to go to jail, but ya, she needs to lose her job if she refuses to see that Wall of Separation, because that is the law of THIS land.

Because they are the ones that are going to be pregnant. How would you like it if a bunch of old white women were making rules about men's dicks. Like forcing the men to have vasectomies against their wishes, because the woman doesn't want to be pregnant again?

Where did I suggest it didn't involve carrying the baby to term and delivering? I live on a planet that is infested with stupid people like you.

You're the stupid one. You say there are alternatives to abortion........if the woman doesn't want to be pregnant, there really are no alternatives, idiot.

No kidding......I'm glad you clarified that for me, moron.

You don't get to pay for the child unless the child is born and breathing......until then, you really have no say so. In regards to paying for the child whether he wants to or not, I could say the same thing to the men that most men want to say to women who get pregnant and want an abortion....."then you better be sure you know who you are screwing with".....before you do.

If you were a man, you'd still act like a little girl.

And you'd still be a moron.

The same applies to me......if you and your ilk don't like when I trample your gibberish, that is your problem. But, thankfully, the Constitution is on our side (my ilk)....all you have are a bunch of dowdy old white men trying to make archaic rules that concern women and go against their wishes and a bunch of moronic women going along with them.
I never once said that the same does not apply to you.

A lot you know about the Lord. God spoke to the Israelites, gave Moses the ten Commandments and never mentioned that abortion was a no-no, especially in the first trimester. Jews (Israelites) don't consider a fetus a person until they are born....seems to me that God would have told them not so, if he wanted the fetus to be considered a person. And, yes, God will have the last word and will probably wonder or ask you who gave you and your ilk authority to make rules he didn't ask you all to.
Abortion is a form of killing and since the Lord's word says that killing is wrong, that makes abortion wrong no matter how y'all try to white wash it.

Uh-huh. You sound just like the clerk from Kentucky who is STILL refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples, because it's against her "religious beliefs" despite the fact she is violating Federal law. Her reasoning is based on "God's authority". Well, that woman now has to stand in front of a judge, & not only will he will decide whether she is in contempt & insubordination by refusing to perform the job she was hired to do; she may face fines & possible jail time. Personally, I don't want her to go to jail, but ya, she needs to lose her job if she refuses to see that Wall of Separation, because that is the law of THIS land.

Before gay marriage was legal, did it being illegal stop gays from being together? No. So you people shouldn't be all that surprised over that woman's choice of action. If one set of people can thumb their nose at a law that doesn't make sense to them, so can another.

God bless y'all and that woman always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
I never once said that the same does not apply to you.

Abortion is a form of killing and since the Lord's word says that killing is wrong, that makes abortion wrong no matter how y'all try to white wash it.

[QUOTE="JOSweetHeart, post: 12199375, member: 37889]To me, the Lord is who will have the final word no matter what "laws" are passed down here.
Before gay marriage was legal, did it being illegal stop gays from being together? No. So you people shouldn't be all that surprised over that woman's choice of action. If one set of people can thumb their nose at a law that doesn't make sense to them, so can another.

God bless y'all and that woman always!!!

Holly[/QUOTE]

I am so not surprised that a religious fanatic won't perform her job due to 'religious' reasons. She needs to be reassigned or fired, because she cannot stay in the job she was hired to do, but refuses to perform. She can thumb her nose, but she can also do it to her own peril, & she will deserve her 'termination'. Let her God pay her bills.

Forum List

Back