Human poll takers vs. Robo poll takers

I was wondering about this the other night, if robo-polls were legit.

Surveys of the Buckeye State have been all over the board in recent weeks as the election draws near. While most show President Obama with the lead, the size of it depends on whether the pollster was using human beings or robots to do the interviewing.
TPM Slideshow: PollTracker’s Top Races Of The 2012 Election

TPM compared the two methods and found that polls conducted by a live interviewer, the method widely considered to be the gold standard, have shown the President with larger leads than polls conducted by automated calls, which are prohibited from contacting people through cell phones. Since early September, live polls have shown Obama with an average lead of 4.5 percentage points in Ohio while his average lead in robo-polls has been less than 2.

Obama Shows Bigger Leads In Ohio With Live Polling | TPM2012

Aside from the fact that this is an interesting view into polling, the fact that robots tend to cut Mitten some slack is kind of ironic, what with Mitten's rep of being robotic.

The live calls are easier to fudge... I got a call wednesday. The woman told me there would be 12 questions. The first 3 had to do with age, sex and income. The fourth asked party affiliation. As soon as I replied "Republican", I got, "Thank you for participating" and the phone went dead.

Aside from the fact that this is an interesting view into polling, the fact that robots tend to cut Mitten some slack is kind of ironic, what with Mitten's rep of being robotic.

Or, just a thought, people are more likely to lie to humans than robots.

I'd say it is the other way around.

But that isn't actually what is going on. Robo-polls can't call cell phones but human pollers can. So polls in Mitts favor very well be skewed to older, white Republicans that only have land lines.

:eusa_eh:

Right? Interesting view coming from the massive Windbagh... :eusa_whistle:

Simple minded pointless nonsense that no one cares about

it's good of you to identify your posts so clearly

:lol: I wonder...How many angry chimps does it take to type his posts...?

Robo calls are easily identified by caller ID. You have to even wonder how many of those calls go unanswered. Polls are so inaccurate, not only can't they be trusted, but what we want them to do is beyond their capability.

Surveys of the Buckeye State have been all over the board in recent weeks as the election draws near. While most show President Obama with the lead, the size of it depends on whether the pollster was using human beings or robots to do the interviewing.
TPM Slideshow: PollTracker’s Top Races Of The 2012 Election

TPM compared the two methods and found that polls conducted by a live interviewer, the method widely considered to be the gold standard, have shown the President with larger leads than polls conducted by automated calls, which are prohibited from contacting people through cell phones. Since early September, live polls have shown Obama with an average lead of 4.5 percentage points in Ohio while his average lead in robo-polls has been less than 2.

The live calls are easier to fudge... I got a call wednesday. The woman told me there would be 12 questions. The first 3 had to do with age, sex and income. The fourth asked party affiliation. As soon as I replied "Republican", I got, "Thank you for participating" and the phone went dead.
Well shucks then... you'd wonder why the Polls aren't more strongly Democratic then.

Robo calls are easily identified by caller ID. You have to even wonder how many of those calls go unanswered. Polls are so inaccurate, not only can't they be trusted, but what we want them to do is beyond their capability.

A ton. And they do not capture a very large segment of the population. The poor, and the urban, are two big areas that polls don't get much insight.

Well shucks then... you'd wonder why the Polls aren't more strongly Democratic then.

A ton. And they do not capture a very large segment of the population. The poor, and the urban, are two big areas that polls don't get much insight.

Might explain why the Dems poll as strong as they do.

Might explain why the Dems poll as strong as they do.
You miss my point. We keep getting told by the right that the polls show Romney is in the lead (they don't) and you are basically telling us that you were contacted by a left wing conspiracy poll that is hanging up on Republicans.

Which is it? Do the polls indicate Democratic lead, or Republican lead?

Funny watching FOX, they run whole segments on the polls and how biased they are. Yet they still use them.

Fox spouting about bias, is like a car thief complaining about insurance costs for the car he stole.

Or, just a thought, people are more likely to lie to humans than robots.
I'd say it is the other way around.

But that isn't actually what is going on. Robo-polls can't call cell phones but human pollers can. So polls in Mitts favor very well be skewed to older, white Republicans that only have land lines.

Robopolls can't call cell phones? Since when?

Why would people be more inclined to lie to robots than people.

Lying to a machine would be easier to a person than lying to another human. was that so difficult?

What you are failling to indicate, is why they would bother to lie in the first place.

Because they do.

“Likely Voters” lie: Why private campaign polls get such different results from public media polls. - Slate Magazine

Anyone notice that when the polls favored Obama not one liberal posted propaganda like this?

i'd say it is the other way around.

But that isn't actually what is going on. Robo-polls can't call cell phones but human pollers can. So polls in mitts favor very well be skewed to older, white republicans that only have land lines.

robopolls can't call cell phones? Since when?

You really are an idiot, aren't you?

The FTC ban on robocalls does not extend to political campaigns, non profits, surveys, or bill collectors. In fact, it only applies to prerecorded telemarketing calls.

You are incorrect. Cell phones enjoy protection from unsolicited calls to an extent that landlines do not. And that includes computer generated polling calls.

robopolls can't call cell phones? Since when?

You really are an idiot, aren't you?

The FTC ban on robocalls does not extend to political campaigns, non profits, surveys, or bill collectors. In fact, it only applies to prerecorded telemarketing calls.

the fcc bans political robocalls to cell phones

However, political groups are excluded from the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) definition of telemarketer, thus robocalls from or on behalf of political organizations are permitted under the FTC rules[8] however they are prohibited by FCC rules that prohibit all robocalls (including charity and political calls) when made to cell phones and certain other numbers, without express consent or an emergency purpose

Robocall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

you really are an idiot aren't you?

Forum List

Back