Zone1 Hundreds of newspapers drop 'Dilbert' comic strip after racist tirade from creator Scott Adams

:meow:

.Touch a child sexually, whether with your genitals, your hands, your words, your ideology, your surgical tools or your chemicals, and DIE.
Quoted as your signature.
Christianity is abusing children in the millions every day by teaching the children the bibles' lies, before the children are old enough to think for themselves.

And isn’t supporting the elimination of race-based affirmative action policies designed to give blacks an advantage over whites just that? How is objecting to racist decisions, and that would be those that use skin color as a factor, racist? It seems the opposite is true: those who support race-based policies designed to give an advantage to blacks over the other two races are essentially saying that blacks aren’t as capable as whites and Asians and special set-asides have to be provided.
You're trying to move ahead too quickly.

That approach has always failed on this board and that's the reason why I proposed some common ground with him, but without the spamming of the little tyke that makes up half of the peanut gallery.

I don't expect either of them to take up the offer with any sincerity.

That's not helpful!

I've offered him and his peanut gallery some common ground on which we could continue the discussion. His complaints are valid, and we could expand on those together.

I don't need to have any acknowledgment of my opinion on what it's going to take to make progress.
His complaints are not valid because they are based on lies with the exception of the last one which is Black people voting predominantly Democratic. With the present day Republican party being populated by individuals such as Flash and his supporters, it's obvious to most why that would be.

Unless I have you confused with another member here, I thought you are Canadian and may not be as well versed in American history as it relates to Black people. Or what it's going to take to make progress. Pandering to racists who will never be satisfied with any solution is not an effective strategy because they will always be upset and hostile as long as Black people continue to progress on our quest for actual equality and equity.

Equality-equity-justice-lores.png

Quoted as your signature.
Christianity is abusing children in the millions every day by teaching the children the bibles' lies, before the children are old enough to think for themselves.

Show us on this doll where the mean praying people hurt you.

His complaints are not valid because they are based on lies with the exception of the last one which is Black people voting predominantly Democratic. With the present day Republican party being populated by individuals such as Flash and his supporters, it's obvious to most why that would be.

Unless I have you confused with another member here, I thought you are Canadian and may not be as well versed in American history as it relates to Black people. Or what it's going to take to make progress. Pandering to racists who will never be satisfied with any solution is not an effective strategy because they will always be upset and hostile as long as Black people continue to progress on our quest for actual equality and equity.

Equality-equity-justice-lores.png
This ridiculous meme has been used before to promote your point. Again, I will point out the reality. All three are thieves. The ball players and concessions EARN their living from paying customers and your meme is promoting the theft of their efforts. I wonder if Labron James would support giving his salary away and playing for free in the interest of equity. This type of thinking is what leads to the belief that everyone should get everything for free. That is communism.

‘“I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this.”’ ibid

A truly reprehensible manifestation of racism – the hateful lie that black people are a ‘problem’ that cannot be ‘fixed.’

Why is it okay for minorities to say that about white people?

‘The Anti-Defamation League has noted that the phrase [“It’s OK to be White.”] emerged on the infamous message board 4chan in 2017 as a trolling campaign and has a “long history” in the white supremacist movement.’

For racists such as Adams, it’s clearly not OK to be black.
How is it's ok the be white bad? The ADL is a hate group.

This ridiculous meme has been used before to promote your point. Again, I will point out the reality. All three are thieves. The ball players and concessions EARN their living from paying customers and your meme is promoting the theft of their efforts. I wonder if Labron James would support giving his salary away and playing for free in the interest of equity. This type of thinking is what leads to the belief that everyone should get everything for free. That is communism.

Oh, but it makes Mariyam feel so smart and hip and tolerant to demand that the freeloaders all get in free. SJW brownie points help them sleep better at night. Cheaper and easier to get than Valium.

So why should any of us do anything any more to make a living when the losers are going to just demand what we worked for?

Not me.

The other problem I have with that meme is that it shows that there is a systemic barrier holding blacks back, and there isn’t.

Show us on this doll where the mean praying people hurt you.

The priests touch children, as do most Americans touch their guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable.
I still feel that the race and racism problem is America's biggest underlying factor. The issue was raised in 'Bowling for Columbine' with the 'South Park' animation, that dwelled on religious bigotry as well as racism and guns.

This thread is just going to be another unsuccessful attempt to address the issue, until my advise is accepted on finding some common ground on which to start!

And I'm not going to take part until some sincerity is shown.

I'm outta this now!

This thread is just going to be another unsuccessful attempt to address the issue, until my advise is accepted on finding some common ground on which to start!

And I'm not going to take part until some sincerity is shown.

I'm outta this now!

:meow:

Oh, but it makes Mariyam feel so smart and hip and tolerant to demand that the freeloaders all get in free. SJW brownie points help them sleep better at night. Cheaper and easier to get than Valium.

So why should any of us do anything any more to make a living when the losers are going to just demand what we worked for?

Not me.

Yes, agree - she’s promoting the idea of giving people things free, rather than requiring them to pay the price of admission.

In the meme in question, the price of admission is obviously the ticket.

In society, the price of admission to ”equity” - home ownership, a nice salary, etc. - is to a) not have babies out of wedlock, b) complete high school and get some additional job or career training, c) work hard, d) respect authority, e) meet schedules, f) be prompt, g) be polite, and h) and speak English properly.

Ironically, the African-American Museum of the Smithsonian demeaned most of these positive traits as being “white.”

the phrase [“It’s OK to be White.”] emerged on the infamous message board 4chan in 2017 as a trolling campaign
Using that logic, BLM is a trolling campaign, wouldn't you say. You can't have it both ways. Racism from either side is unacceptable. The sooner that you come to grips with that, the sooner racism will cease to exist. Your racism is no different than any other racism.

Why is it okay for minorities to say that about white people?
For years similar racism as been expressed in the ‘new’ South – Southerners’ regret that their ancestors brought enslaved Africans to America, not because of the crime against humanity that is slavery, but because their ancestors have visited upon their descendants today the ‘black problem.’

‘The Anti-Defamation League has noted that the phrase [“It’s OK to be White.”] emerged on the infamous message board 4chan in 2017 as a trolling campaign and has a “long history” in the white supremacist movement.’

For racists such as Adams, it’s clearly not OK to be black.
What nonsense that such an innocuous phrase is supposedly a white supremacist saying!! Darn, OF COURSE it's okay to be white!!!!

This is exactly like them trying to stop people from saying "All lives matter." Sheeeeeeesh! What a kind thing to say, if naive: I can't even bring myself to say it because I can think of a LOT of violent people whose lives definitely don't matter, except for harming others.

Forum List

Back