Hunger Games..P2

I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10..

I'll see it again and maybe push it up to a 10..

Obviously, a great movie, very entertaining, very well acted and I can't recall a boring moment in the whole movie..

We just watched part 1 tonight for the first time. It was an interesting movie. Not great, but good.

Obviously, a great movie, very entertaining, very well acted and I can't recall a boring moment in the whole movie..

We just watched part 1 tonight for the first time. It was an interesting movie. Not great, but good.

I liked it better the 2nd time I watched it. The first time it was just too close to when I read the book. I kept picking it apart and couldn't enjoy it.

I'd agree, I'm about a 7 on that one..

Went tonight, enjoyed the second as much as the first, ending ehhh???

I will make sure to see the third part...

Have not read the books...

Went tonight, enjoyed the second as much as the first, ending ehhh???

I will make sure to see the third part...

Have not read the books...

I read a book and a half, after "Twilight" I was pretty fed up with three ways...:lol:

It is really hard for me to watch movies where I don't care for the lead actor/actress. And I don't like whatsherface. I watched Hunger Games because of all the hoopla about it. Hated it. I will not be busting ass to see part 2, and still very much in dislike of whatshername.

I do feel it was a little miscast. She's too big for the part. In the books, Katniss was small and could climb way up the tree to the thin branches which is why the bigger people in the game couldn't follow her, not because they were too stupid to climb a tree but because when they got up far enough, they'd break the branches and fall.

JLaw is amazing, and I am sick of the criticism she has received for not being 'small' enough for the part. She's a smart kid and wasn't going to starve herself for the role. I feel she makes a perfect Katniss - I couldn't have chosen the part any better myself. I had only vaguely heard of her when the first film came out, but I knew she was turning heads already and when I saw some scenes from the film, I was happy that she had the part. She plays it well.

I gave it a ten out of ten, if I had to choose something about the first film I didn't like (which is hard) it would be that it took too long for them to enter the arena.

It is really hard for me to watch movies where I don't care for the lead actor/actress. And I don't like whatsherface. I watched Hunger Games because of all the hoopla about it. Hated it. I will not be busting ass to see part 2, and still very much in dislike of whatshername.

I do feel it was a little miscast. She's too big for the part. In the books, Katniss was small and could climb way up the tree to the thin branches which is why the bigger people in the game couldn't follow her, not because they were too stupid to climb a tree but because when they got up far enough, they'd break the branches and fall.

JLaw is amazing, and I am sick of the criticism she has received for not being 'small' enough for the part. She's a smart kid and wasn't going to starve herself for the role. I feel she makes a perfect Katniss - I couldn't have chosen the part any better myself. I had only vaguely heard of her when the first film came out, but I knew she was turning heads already and when I saw some scenes from the film, I was happy that she had the part. She plays it well.

I enjoyed her in Silver Linings Playbook.

Haven't seen that one yet! When I read about it, didn't take my fancy, so I gave it a miss. Might have to buy the DVD - does she have a big part in it?

It's not a criticism against her. It's a criticism against the person responsible for casting the part. You just can't make someone smaller. It was an integral part of the book. If you didn't read the books, you miss a lot. The part in the movie where the careers had her "treed" just didn't make sense as it was. Instead of making them to big to follow her, they made it so they were inept, the careers were not inept. If you read the book, you'd know that they were trained for this their whole lives. For the "careers" it was an honor to be in the games.

It's not a criticism against her. It's a criticism against the person responsible for casting the part. You just can't make someone smaller. It was an integral part of the book. If you didn't read the books, you miss a lot. The part in the movie where the careers had her "treed" just didn't make sense as it was. Instead of making them to big to follow her, they made it so they were inept, the careers were not inept. If you read the book, you'd know that they were trained for this their whole lives. For the "careers" it was an honor to be in the games.

I guess I sort of get it, since I was somewhere beyond indignant when 5'6" or so Tom Cruise was cast as 6'5" Jack Reacher.

I refuse to watch that film.

I have read the books. Loved them. Finished all three in less than a week.

I guess I sort of get it, since I was somewhere beyond indignant when 5'6" or so Tom Cruise was cast as 6'5" Jack Reacher.

I refuse to watch that film.

I hate Tom Cruise and wouldn't watch the film simply because he's in it.

My problem with Cruise, and it makes it very difficult for me to watch his movies, is he seems infected with the Costner disease. You are here to watch me, not this pitiful film, because I am so earnestly perfect at my craft.

My problem with Cruise, and it makes it very difficult for me to watch his movies, is he seems infected with the Costner disease. You are here to watch me, not this pitiful film, because I am so earnestly perfect at my craft.

Of the two, I think Cruise is worse.

Forum List

Back