Hunger Games..P2

I really recommend the books. They are written in the 1st person, so you know exactly what Katniss is thinking and why.

And how incredibly screwed up she is. I really liked that about the books, because something like that WOULD screw you up. Tip of the hat to Jennifer Lawrence, she did a phenomenal job of portraying that level of mental breakdown in Catching Fire.

I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10..

I'll see it again and maybe push it up to a 10..

Obviously, a great movie, very entertaining, very well acted and I can't recall a boring moment in the whole movie..

We just watched part 1 tonight for the first time. It was an interesting movie. Not great, but good.

I gave it a ten out of ten, if I had to choose something about the first film I didn't like (which is hard) it would be that it took too long for them to enter the arena.

The part I didnt like was her "finding" her friend when he was by the rock. What were the chances of that happening? (or did I miss something..)

We just watched part 1 tonight for the first time. It was an interesting movie. Not great, but good.

I gave it a ten out of ten, if I had to choose something about the first film I didn't like (which is hard) it would be that it took too long for them to enter the arena.

The part I didnt like was her "finding" her friend when he was by the rock. What were the chances of that happening? (or did I miss something..)

The blood splotches probably helped...

JLaw is amazing, and I am sick of the criticism she has received for not being 'small' enough for the part. She's a smart kid and wasn't going to starve herself for the role. I feel she makes a perfect Katniss - I couldn't have chosen the part any better myself. I had only vaguely heard of her when the first film came out, but I knew she was turning heads already and when I saw some scenes from the film, I was happy that she had the part. She plays it well.

It's not a criticism against her. It's a criticism against the person responsible for casting the part. You just can't make someone smaller. It was an integral part of the book. If you didn't read the books, you miss a lot. The part in the movie where the careers had her "treed" just didn't make sense as it was. Instead of making them to big to follow her, they made it so they were inept, the careers were not inept. If you read the book, you'd know that they were trained for this their whole lives. For the "careers" it was an honor to be in the games.

I guess I sort of get it, since I was somewhere beyond indignant when 5'6" or so Tom Cruise was cast as 6'5" Jack Reacher.

I refuse to watch that film.

I understand that sort of. It is hard to cast away the book narrative for a film recreation. Morality Play is a cousin to what "Reckoning" [/I](Tom Hardy, Willem Dafoe) became, but I enjoyed novel and movie very, very much. Same with Girl with the dragon tattoo.

Last edited:
Saw the film last night.
I was not impressed. I don't understand why people say "it was better than the first"..:doubt:
The storyline jumped around, almost like a series of scenes rather than a cohesive storyline.
Also, the guy that played the hero from the capital...the one that helped them in the dome. Why not choose a better actor than some pretty boy? It would have been waaay more believable if it was someone like Jason Stathom.
All in all I give it "***" out of five stars.

Saw the film last night.
I was not impressed. I don't understand why people say "it was better than the first"..:doubt:
The storyline jumped around, almost like a series of scenes rather than a cohesive storyline.
Also, the guy that played the hero from the capital...the one that helped them in the dome. Why not choose a better actor than some pretty boy? It would have been waaay more believable if it was someone like Jason Stathom.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm going to go out on a limb and say, because in the book he was a pretty boy. In fact, it becomes essential in the 3rd book as he explains how Snow used him pretty much as a prostitute and he had no choice.

Maybe all the people who like the movie had already read the books?

Saw the film last night.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I'm going to go out on a limb and say, because in the book he was a pretty boy. In fact, it becomes essential in the 3rd book as he explains how Snow used him pretty much as a prostitute and he had no choice.

Maybe all the people who like the movie had already read the books?

Haven't read the book, but will be doing so over the festive season with more time to spare... Hope it'll be good!

Forum List

Back