Hydroxychloroquine as treatment for COVID-19 shows no benefit and more deaths in VA study

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.
snip
Researchers did not track side effects but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.
------------------------------------------------

But its not peer reviewed. Facts are facts, tramp should of never recommended it for days and days endless times, he quit talking about it a few days ago, I wonder why??
This is confusing news. So many other studies found it helpful. I wonder what happened? Well, I guess that is why scientists run the same "experiments" time and time again, to get as many results as they can.

First off, it doesn't attack the lungs, it attacks the blood that floods the lungs. See how much you and I already don't know? We assume to know more than the doctors, while they assume nothing. Let them tell us how, why, and if it should be administered at all.
Don't be an ass.

I know how this virus kills, thru ARDS, and how inflammation in the lungs stunts the transfer of oxygen. I actually watch videos by doctors who explain these things. Maybe you need to watch this video, before you make more of an ass out of yourself.

It's been used successfully since 1955. If it was killing people we would have known long before this.
No you wouldn't, because long before this, people didn't have Coronavirus. How can people be this stupid?
Ohhh so hydroxychloroquine only kills people that have Chinese virus. Do you have ANY idea how silly and ignorant that sounds? Any idea at all??

From the OP:

The nationwide study was not a rigorous experiment.
They have also done an experiment with nursing home patients with very
good results

Also another in India that had good results as well.

On the other side of the coin same goes for the ventilators. Studies have shown they are dangerous to these patients and can kill them.

First off, it doesn't attack the lungs, it attacks the blood that floods the lungs. See how much you and I already don't know? We assume to know more than the doctors, while they assume nothing. Let them tell us how, why, and if it should be administered at all.
Don't be an ass.

I know how this virus kills, thru ARDS, and how inflammation in the lungs stunts the transfer of oxygen. I actually watch videos by doctors who explain these things. Maybe you need to watch this video, before you make more of an ass out of yourself.

The more we look, the more likely it becomes that blood clots are a major player in the disease severity and mortality from COVID-19.

Behnood Bikdeli, Columbia University Irving Medical Center

So, you decided to move the goal posts of this argument away from letting the doctors decide if and when Trumps money making drug for him, works or not through trials, to arguing about how the virus attacks. Ha, I'm the first to admit I don't know. But, like you, I've read up on it myself. And this is what I read.

It's been used successfully since 1955. If it was killing people we would have known long before this.
No you wouldn't, because long before this, people didn't have Coronavirus. How can people be this stupid?
Ohhh so hydroxychloroquine only kills people that have Chinese virus. Do you have ANY idea how silly and ignorant that sounds? Any idea at all??
Your response travels down no known logical path that I am aware of.

So many other studies found it helpful. I wonder what happened?
They really didn't. There was lots of irresponsible, anecdotal bragging by a very few professionals and some "testimonials". Not good evidence. And what is happening now is that better studies are being done, and it's not looking good.

About 28% who were given hydroxychloroquine plus usual care died, versus 11% of those getting routine care alone. About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival.
snip
Researchers did not track side effects but noted hints that hydroxychloroquine might have damaged other organs. The drug has long been known to have potentially serious side effects, including altering the heartbeat in a way that could lead to sudden death.

But its not peer reviewed. Facts are facts, tramp should of never recommended it for days and days endless times, he quit talking about it a few days ago, I wonder why??
This is confusing news. So many other studies found it helpful. I wonder what happened? Well, I guess that is why scientists run the same "experiments" time and time again, to get as many results as they can.
"So many other studies?" What other studies? Can you provide all these "other studies?"

So many other studies found it helpful. I wonder what happened?
They really didn't. There was lots of irresponsible, anecdotal bragging by a very few professionals and some "testimonials". Not good evidence. And what is happening now is that better studies are being done, and it's not looking good.
That's what I'm reading.

snip

There has not been a clinical study completed yet. So, I sus[ect you are either citing comments by Trump-haters who only want to denounce HCQ because mean old Trump mentioned it.

Or, you are citing comments by someone associated with big pharma, and no one will get rich producing HQC, since it's been around 60 years and cost five cents per pill to make.
If there hasn't been a completed clinical study, why in the fuck would you put it on the market? That's insane.
Because it is used to treat other things.

Trump seems to have stopped talking about it.
He'll be denying that he even mentioned it in a few days.

snip

There has not been a clinical study completed yet. So, I sus[ect you are either citing comments by Trump-haters who only want to denounce HCQ because mean old Trump mentioned it.

Or, you are citing comments by someone associated with big pharma, and no one will get rich producing HQC, since it's been around 60 years and cost five cents per pill to make.
If there hasn't been a completed clinical study, why in the fuck would you put it on the market? That's insane.
Exactly! Thank you! For "other things." Those are the two key words. It's on the market for "other things', just not Covid-19.

Trump seems to have stopped talking about it.
He'll be denying that he even mentioned it in a few days.
Without a doubt. He just promotes it for his own financial benefit. He could give two shits what the drug does as long as it makes him money. Trump is sick with greed and himself, and people pay with their lives.

snip

Exactly! Thank you! For "other things." Those are the two key words. It's on the market for "other things', just not Covid-19.
No one said it was just used for COVID 19

snip

The people more likely to get these advanced treatments are the ones worst off and are more likely to die anyways. People with mild symptoms are less likely to receive the Hydro treatments.

Cart....way ahead of the horse that pulls it. This is the danger of a public figure (El Prez) touting and putting forth miracle cures that may prove to be more deadly than the disease it's trying to cure. Sigh..this is why there are approvals, clinical trials, data gathering, and analysis that takes months and more likely...years.

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
snip

There has not been a clinical study completed yet. So, I suspect you are either citing comments by Trump-haters who only want to denounce HCQ because mean old Trump mentioned it.

Because it's been around for sixty freaking years, and we know pretty much everything about hydroxychloroquine, it's not a new experimental drug.
Except you have no idea how it responds to Covid-19. It doesn't matter if it's been around for 600 years. Without clinical trials, it's throwing spaghetti up against the wall. It's crazy. Makes no sense.
So are you suggesting we do not even carry out a clinical trial?
No, I never said that, so don't invent that in your head. The drug Trump is pushing is for Trumps own financial benefit. If it works clinically, fine. But you don't seem to have the ability to see that this drug is being pedaled by Trump for different reasons.
That's the purpose of a clinical trial, to see if it is a treatment that some people respond positively towards.
Couldn't agree more. But that has to happen first, and it has to be done right.
Other studies done with hydroxychloroquine in the early 2000s, showed that it reduced the viral load in patients, and it also works as an anti-inflammatory. So why wouldn't doctors want to try this drug to treat a virus which causes inflammation in the lungs?
No, I never said that, so don't invent that in your head. The drug Trump is pushing is for Trumps own financial benefit. If it works clinically, fine. But you don't seem to have the ability to see that this drug is being pedaled by Trump for different reasons.
So, you are about to float a new Trump conspiracy theory?

All Trump did, during a time where there did not seem to be any hope at all, was relate his "high hopes" from promising information he received by doctors who indicated positive results from treating patients with HCQ, . Big deal.
[/QUOTE]
There is no conspiracy. Trump and his own state run TV were pedaling his invested drug at the expense of firing the leading Coronavirus doctor because the doctor questioned the drug. And where are we today with that? No gd where; Obama official: Ousting vaccine doctor in fight against COVID is like 'pulling Tom Brady in the 4th quarter'

Forum List

Back