"I am coming Lord"

Street drummers are some of the best musicians there are. They require no singing.
I participate in African drum circles every summer. No singing, just drumming.
Fun AF.

:laughing0301:

1639917689396.png

Where was jazz created?

I'll give you a hint, it was not Africa

EVERYONE

This is not a thread about "America has made no musical contributions". American spawned music which we exported all over the world and changed the entire world landscape. I am not denying this.

I am saying Americans are not a musical PEOPLE. Exhibit A in the video Tommy linked up top. I knew this would be robust singing before it started. The kind you do not hear from the general American population.

Drum circles are just drumming, right. I'm talking about the propensity to make music spontaneously among the American population. Or heck, even at all. It's not high.
There is more to music than singing. The words are heard but the music is felt. Big difference.
Since Covid hit us the number of people creating music has increased by leaps and bounds. I have a friend who just finished his 20th studio album.

There is more to music than singing. The words are heard but the music is felt. Big difference.
Since Covid hit us the number of people creating music has increased by leaps and bounds. I have a friend who just finished his 20th studio album.

So this is going to be about everyone's friend who records. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about American mothers in droves buy their babies lullaby recordings rather than sing to them. That is what Americans do. Because we think music is for those who are trained and accomplished, or one of the other. Not for everyone.

Americans spawned the Spiritual and yet an audience of Americans cannot clap on a backbeat. We are not musical. This is why. I say this with sadness.

Because we think music is for those who are trained and accomplished, or one of the other. Not for everyone.
Anyone can sing. Not everyone should. Yoko Ono is proof of that. Not everyone needs to sing. I'm proof of that. I'm an accomplished bassist. I don't like to sing for two reasons. I lack confidence as a result of people telling me I can't, and I enjoy playing my instrument too much. I can sing but I only do it when I need to.

Americans spawned the Spiritual and yet an audience of Americans cannot clap on a backbeat. We are not musical. This is why. I say this with sadness.
The 11th commandment. Never clap on 1 and 3.

Anyone can sing. Not everyone should. Yoko Ono is proof of that. Not everyone needs to sing. I'm proof of that. I'm an accomplished bassist. I don't like to sing for two reasons. I lack confidence as a result of people telling me I can't, and I enjoy playing my instrument too much. I can sing but I only do it when I need to.

The 11th commandment. Never clap on 1 and 3.

1. Your first two sentences are contradictory.

2. A musical people believe music is for everyone. Some are better, some are not. Americans don't believe that.

3. A musical people would be able to clap on 2 and 4. Especially when our nation founded the popular music that incorporates a backbeat.

But like I said, if it isn't hymn written by old dead white people, it's modern-day "woke" church music that was derived from darkeis working in the field, picking cotton.

Well I'll be. Who would have guessed that the word "darkies" was in the auto-correct? :auiqs.jpg:

There is very broad range of Christian music.

1. Your first two sentences are contradictory.
Clearly you have never listened to Yoko.

2. A musical people believe music is for everyone. Some are better, some are not. Americans don't believe that.
Music can be appreciated by everyone. singing to a baby is fine as the baby doesn't much care about you singing on key. I am currently in a band with a female lead singer. She has an issue. She can hit a note but she can't maintain the note. It drops off which sounds bad and makes it difficult to harmonize with.

3. A musical people would be able to clap on 2 and 4. Especially when our nation founded the popular music that incorporates a backbeat.
Stuart Copeland doesn't see it that way.

I'm not sure if this is what Handel had in mind, but if they don't play this at my funeral I probably want even show up.

Clearly you have never listened to Yoko.

Music can be appreciated by everyone. singing to a baby is fine as the baby doesn't much care about you singing on key. I am currently in a band with a female lead singer. She has an issue. She can hit a note but she can't maintain the note. It drops off which sounds bad and makes it difficult to harmonize with.

Stuart Copeland doesn't see it that way.

No personal offense meant but you might need a new lead singer. That's for starters.

For enders, if we were a more musical culture, we would have better singers.

Which is why music need to be taught in all schools.
Support the arts.
They will be sure and teach CRT and the gender crap, but math and science and music, not as much if at all, especially music.

Forum List

Back